THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 24 Apr 2024, 23:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Google Lively  (Read 2508 times)

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Qualified Awesomeologist
Google Lively
« on: 11 Jul 2008, 05:36 »

Anybody try Google Lively yet? In my opinion, and a cynical as I am, take this with a grain of salt, it seems like Myspace meets The Sims.

Discuss. THAT'S AN ORDER! :x :x :x

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
Re: Google Lively
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2008, 12:45 »

I heard it's like Google does Second Life, and I don't appreciate that sort of thing on my Internets.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Qualified Awesomeologist
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2008, 14:54 »

Oh, GOD no. It's not THAT bad. Personally, the more I use it, the more I like it.

gardenhead_

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • we live as we dream; alone
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2008, 01:11 »

I can't try it out as it isn't supported on Mac, so my opinion is only informed by the video on the website. It seems rather pointless, like a text-based instant messenger only with 3D avatars mouthing your messages. I'm sure I'm missing something, though.
Quote from: Midnight Umbreon
You guys are all such douches.

Ikrik

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2008, 12:43 »

Google Second Life? Second Life scares the crap out of me.  I've never met a single person in my life who plays the game (thank god) but I keep hearing about it.  Companies are making hundreds of thousands of dollars by selling clothes to people's avatars........If that isn't the single most ridiculous thing in the world, I don't know what is.  And now there's a whole bunch of crime with like fraud and prostitution that Second Life is becoming just like real life.  I want to say that the fact that it's Google makes it a little bit better.....but honestly it sounds and looks pretty lame.

bicostp

• Beyoncé
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2008, 17:49 »

It looks more like a "The Sims Online" ripoff to me.

Another pointless virtual world you can chat to your friends on. Aren't there already enough of these? Isn't this why they invented instant messengers?

Second Life is scary. Not the system itself, but rather the hordes of idiots who populate it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up