THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 18:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Games with terrible endings  (Read 69832 times)

HellPuppi

Re: Games with terrible endings
« Reply #100 on: 03 Jul 2007, 01:14 »

I know this thread is a bit old but....

Revil (resident evil) 4:

Girl: Sooo...you wanna, like, make out or something?

Leon: No! I am angsty over unobtainable chick! She seems into me!

*rides off on jet ski into the sunset*

Blyss

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • I got skillz with the plastic motherfucker. SKILLZ
    • Gamers like games
« Reply #101 on: 06 Jul 2007, 11:06 »

I know this thread is a bit old but....

Revil (resident evil) 4:

Girl: Sooo...you wanna, like, make out or something?

Leon: No! I am angsty over unobtainable chick! She seems into me!

*rides off on jet ski into the sunset*

:lol:

I can't tell you how much this made me laugh.  Succint, but surprisingly accurate.

"Psychos?!  Did they look like psychos?  They were vampires!  Psychos DO NOT explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"  Seth Gecko

My blog

donovangelonardo

« Reply #102 on: 08 Jul 2007, 18:03 »

Jak 3

Nobody seems to talk about the Jak and Daxter games, which probably ought to tell me something...  The whole third game seemed like a crappy, overly short wrap-up to things.  I hate when final boss battles are just about fighting a machine thing and basically not getting hit.  I just to FIGHT the boss, not DODGE him and wait for him to kill himself doing something stupid.

Yayniall

• Bling blang blong blung
  • ◔ ◡ ◔
« Reply #103 on: 10 Jul 2007, 07:52 »

Pokemon endings seem rather weak to me as it's just, "yeah, you beat the elite four, now do it again and again and again".
Probably doesn't really count though.

Best ending however is for Tetris on the Gameboy.
Type B, Level 9 5 High rewards you with a shuttle launch.
You get to win the cold war for the Russains, it doesn't get much better than that.
Also, the little dancing men are awesome too.

Skinnaird

« Reply #104 on: 13 Jul 2007, 14:47 »

As previously mentioned, Call of Duty had a terrible ending. You fight yur way through the streets of Berlin, which seem strangely deserted. "Hmm, not many bad guys", you think. "I bet it'll get really hard in a minute", you think. You shoot you way into the Reichstag, expecting hoardes of die-hard nazis, or hoardes of nazi youth members who just want to go home, or hoardes of ANYTHING. Suddenly, before you've even had time to reload, you're on the roof, waving a red flag about, and credits roll. I couldn't believe it was over so fast.

Also, that level on the ship was incredibly boring.

Thunderpants121

« Reply #105 on: 13 Jul 2007, 16:28 »

I see someones already beat me to Beyond Good and Evil. Awesome game with a frustrating cliffhanger.

Baggy

« Reply #106 on: 24 Jul 2007, 12:43 »

Indigo Prophecy.

The rest of the game had an intense, interesting, and gripping story (even if it was a little lacking as a "game") and then all of a sudden in the end they suddenly add a bizarre plot element out of nowhere, shit goes matrix style, and the story just basically gets ridiculous.

TrekkieTechie

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Lexiconnisseur
    • deviantArt Profile
« Reply #107 on: 24 Jul 2007, 13:00 »

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Wait, sorry, wrong thread.
No matter where you go, there you are.

vxgas

« Reply #108 on: 24 Jul 2007, 18:47 »

I found all the endings of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. pretty disappointing.
Despite all the bugs, however, I found it to be a fun game. Especially on the hardest difficulty. Also, you can sprint as fast as a truck.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #109 on: 24 Jul 2007, 21:11 »

what about Ultima 7 and Serpent Isle? The series didn't get crappy until after that.

Funnily enough, I've been playing through Serpent Isle again for the last little while. The first time I played it I screwed it up because I was used to the old Ultimas, where you could go anywhere and do anything at any time, so I went sailing off to Moonshade before I'd rescued Iolo, then the game wouldn't let me get back from Moonshade because you need Iolo in your party in order to finish the test in Furnace. So I had to load an old game, go rescue Iolo, and play through the whole Moonshade/Monk Isle/Mountains of Freedom section again, which was pretty annoying. Ultimas aren't supposed to be so rigidly linear, dammit! The same problem struck me when I played 7, because instead of following Batlin's trail I just wandered around, popping in on towns as they took my fancy, which kind of muddied the storyline so that it wasn't very clear what I was supposed to be doing. I haven't played 8 or 9, though I wouldn't mind giving them a go if I can get them somehow. 5 is my all-time favourite, though.

what did you think of Invisible War?

Haven't played it. Not strongly motivated to, either! Deus Ex isn't my favourite game: the character you play is so dull and dour that it gets a bit tedious.

Lyrics

• Not quite a lurker
  • We are what we pretend to be
« Reply #110 on: 26 Jul 2007, 20:01 »

Links Awakening.
8 dungeons down, check.
Giant egg, check.
Fight final boss, check.
wake up in the middle of the ocean not knowing if it was a dream or not, ARGHHH!
P.S. Shock The World

dennis

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • A sockful of quarters makes the medicine go down.
    • Lies! Truth!
« Reply #111 on: 26 Jul 2007, 20:55 »

Rainbow 6: Vegas. It was one of those endings where you go, "What. That's it?!"

Mellow D

« Reply #112 on: 27 Jul 2007, 02:11 »

Halo 2's ending was horrible... the race at the end of halo 1 was an awesome little twist, but a boss in that particular shooter series ruined it...

Morrowind was also bad, i just expected more in the way of a challenge defeating a GOD. it was actually really easy. then they did it twice more for the game of the year edition.

Punisher had a fairly poor ending too, it left the kingpin alive!

Hunter the reckoning 2 was horrible as well, though that was just a pretty bad game all the way through... it was like a cheesy resident evil but without a storyline or horror content.

wraithzero

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #113 on: 27 Jul 2007, 02:37 »

The Legacy of Kain games have some pretty annoying endings, at least the ones I've played.
Soul Reaver just ended with an abrupt To Be Continued, which was especially bad since it had just shown you visions of a future that you were all hyped up to play through.
Soul Reaver 2 was better, at least this To Be Continued felt like they'd planned for it.
Defiance just left me wanting a sequel, which is really frustrating, since they don't seem to be planning one.
Actions speak louder than words, especially if you have a giant moon laser.

Quote from: Tearon
There's something really freakish about you, ya know that? In a good way.

Narghile

« Reply #114 on: 30 Jul 2007, 04:57 »

I will have to jump on the KOTOR2 bandwagon.

To be fair: A helluva lot of content was cut from the final game because Lucasarts insisted Obsidian release the game *WAY* before they felt they had finished it and a longtime before it was even ready for release. (Hence the higher than usual amount of bugs)

Also, most of this cut content was the tying up of all the little plots, sub-plots and character quests which you had been anticipating throughout the game, basically leaving you completely unfulfilled.

The good ending is worse though..."45 hours of my life...45 hours...for a flash of light out of the arse of my ship and some credits..."

Shamana

« Reply #115 on: 30 Jul 2007, 05:02 »

Kotor 2 could use a better ending, but I suppose at least that was intended to accomodate for a third part. Speaking of which, has anyone played Oni? Now there's a cliffhanger ending that did not deliver.

ackblom12

« Reply #116 on: 30 Jul 2007, 10:05 »

It's not that KOTOR 2 was supposed to accommodate for a 3rd game (Though very likely the ending would have anyways), it's that the game wasn't finished because Lucas Arts decided it had to be out for the Christmas season.

The Prefect

« Reply #117 on: 30 Jul 2007, 18:41 »

Farcry 2.
I mean, I spent all that time going around using kickass powers on people with slightly less kickass powers, all to have my character walk away and gaze into the sunset for about 3 seconds. I was relatively sure I had accidentally clicked Start.

(PS: This is a good time for you guys not to mention I actually did click start.)

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #118 on: 30 Jul 2007, 19:55 »

...Farcry 2 doesn't come out until next year, buddy. You can't play a game that doesn't exist yet.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

wraithzero

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #119 on: 31 Jul 2007, 01:01 »

I assume he meant the Far Cry on the Xbox (Instincts?)
Actions speak louder than words, especially if you have a giant moon laser.

Quote from: Tearon
There's something really freakish about you, ya know that? In a good way.

Mellow D

« Reply #120 on: 01 Aug 2007, 04:45 »

probably, but hey, the game was good enough to make up for the ending, which wasn't that bad anyways

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
« Reply #121 on: 01 Aug 2007, 11:43 »

Indigo Prophecy.

The rest of the game had an intense, interesting, and gripping story (even if it was a little lacking as a "game") and then all of a sudden in the end they suddenly add a bizarre plot element out of nowhere, shit goes matrix style, and the story just basically gets ridiculous.

Which ending?  There's like, five.  I got a fairly decent one.  Of course the game "ends" when you mess up earlier on, and gives you a narration thing basically saying "Well, you fucked up man."  Then it goes "Want to try again?"  And you load from the last checkpoint/save point/start of the sequence.

Morrowind was also bad, i just expected more in the way of a challenge defeating a GOD. it was actually really easy. then they did it twice more for the game of the year edition.

I liked Morrowind's ending.  You kill Dagoth Ur, get to keep Keening, Sunder, and Wraithguard.  You are Hortator of all three Great Houses, and everyone hails you as a god and loves you.

I haven't beat the Tribunal main quest yet.  I'm still working on it, but I know you have to kill Alemexia(sp?) or some god at the end.  But come on!  What's cooler than killing a bunch of gods?  Even if they don't do anything particularly cool.
« Last Edit: 01 Aug 2007, 11:49 by imapiratearg »

ackblom12

« Reply #122 on: 01 Aug 2007, 12:24 »

Because killing a God isn't cool when they're a pansy ass. It's just sad.

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
« Reply #123 on: 01 Aug 2007, 14:01 »

Dagoth Ur was kind of hard for me, but that's probably because I used cheat codes (Xbox not PC) through most of the game, and my guy was even more a pansy than Dagoth Ur.

I understand where you're coming from though.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #124 on: 01 Aug 2007, 17:01 »

Dagoth Ur was piss-easy for me to defeat. I think my character was level 12, but I also had the travel-stained pants (allowing me to fly) and the boots of blinding speed (allowing me to move really fucking quickly) and some other thing that meant I could actually see what was happening when I was wearing said boots - cast a couple of spells to smack his arse the first time around, then went into the next chamber, flew at top speed over the top of his head and started attacking the heart thingy before he could even land a blow. Far too easy.

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
« Reply #125 on: 03 Sep 2007, 17:42 »

Final Fantasy XII

I put over 80 hours of work into that game and it had the most unsatisfactory ending of any Final Fantasy ever. The first part of the ending was fine, sacrificing yourself and all that. It was the second half, where Penelo is reading her letter or whatever...please, let something else interesting happen! That ring? Not interesting, as I forgot it even existed. The Strahl disappearing? Not interesting, because it was totally expected. I just kept on expecting some little twist in there, or I don't even know what. SOMETHING to happen.

But it was short, boring and unsatisfying. Grrr.

Just finished it for the first time tonight. This quote sums up my exact thoughts.

And the final boss battle? Not as easy as FFX, but still easy - the Zodiark esper battle was *much* harder. (I haven't bothered to fight a few of the side bosses, Mark 13, one or two of the worms, etc.)
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #126 on: 03 Sep 2007, 17:44 »

Space Channel 5,

It suddenly became a mystery game. It was all like "NOW LETS SEE WHOES BEEN HYPNOTISING ALIENS NOW!..... It was the chairman! I knew it all along!" I was like, err..., Me too? I mean the clues were all there!
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #127 on: 04 Sep 2007, 01:58 »

It's not that KOTOR 2 was supposed to accommodate for a 3rd game (Though very likely the ending would have anyways), it's that the game wasn't finished because Lucas Arts decided it had to be out for the Christmas season.
The cut content's being restored. Slowly, but surely. The modders have put in a pretty colossal amount of work. Out of 852 issues, they've fixed all but 26. Should be out sometime next year.

I number myself among the group of people that didn't find Bioshock's ending satisfying. Not in the resolutions, necessarily, they were as good as could be expected, but the end boss was such a terrible pushover.

Neverwinter Nights 2's ending wasn't very good either. Both in the boss fight (a giant construct, basically) and the epilogues. Especially the narrator, who's the same VA who played the newscaster in Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Terrible.

VTM:B was another game with a lukewarm ending. Like a lot of rushed RPGs, it starts out agreeable and fun and starts turning into a thin hackfest the closer you get to the end.

I also don't like the time limit imposed on Civ 4, but that rarely hinders gameplay anyway.
I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #128 on: 04 Sep 2007, 08:11 »

And the final boss battle? Not as easy as FFX, but still easy - the Zodiark esper battle was *much* harder. (I haven't bothered to fight a few of the side bosses, Mark 13, one or two of the worms, etc.)

The final boss is maybe the 10th hardest battle in the game.  If that.  The Dark God is harder.  Yiazmat is waaaaaaaaaaaay harder.  Mark XIII is on a different plane of existence (it's only beatable if you use a lure/reverse combo that is annoying to pull off but still not as hard as Yiazmat which takes something like 5 hours to beat unless you maxed your party out).  FFXII follows the FF tradition of making a 20 hour storyline with additional 80 hours of optional gameplay that consist of almost pure grinding.  I actually found Yiazmat to be more annoying than Ruby and Emerald Weapon from FFVII which is actually saying something (who's brilliant idea was it to give Knights of the Round a five minute animation?  I don't think I've ever wanted to cockpunch a developer quite as much).

And yeah, the ending was just weak.

But Neverwinter Nights II had an even worse ending.  For one thing, it was basically the same ending as FFXII but in text (everyone dies . . . OR DO THEY??)  But that boss at the end has got to set a new record for ridiculously underpowered. 

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #129 on: 04 Sep 2007, 20:50 »

They're coming out with the expansion in either October or December (I've heard both) but yes, the party is dead. They haven't come out and said it, but they definitely won't be playable, and will most likely have no bearing on the continuing story. Part of the reason I loved Baldur's Gate so much was that at least some of the CNPCs made it through the entire epic saga.

I felt ripped off by Planescape:Torment in pretty much the same fashion, but that was a much more ambitious and accomplished game. Besides, if you played it right there were certain party members who didn't die at the end.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #130 on: 04 Sep 2007, 22:36 »

I have mixed feelings about Balder's Gate 2 (plain vanilla version, never played with the add-ons or expansions or whatever so can't comment).  On the one hand, I thought the part where you get to sleep with one of your party members who is then kidnapped was kind of cool and novel (I thought it was kind of funny that you could the opportunity to screw around in NWII with no adverse consequences), on the other, the final boss fight was the least imaginative imaginable.  Your adversary turns into multiple demons and you fight him in hell.  Woopty-fucking-do.  The whole demon in hell thing is so done -- Wizards of the Coast take note!  Give us a super-intelligent Tarrasque with an inferiority complex and psionic abilities, or a fallen angelic being with epic level monk attacks or something, but not more devils in hell.  It is nearly inconceivable that a game that ends fighting demons in hell could have an interesting or ingenious ending.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #131 on: 04 Sep 2007, 22:46 »

The expansion, Throne of Bhaal (which I mentioned in the "good endings" thread), being an epic-level expansion, is all about combat. I'd have to say that in general, BG2 is much more enjoyable with ToB tacked on at the end, with a few community tweaks and some restored content. It's probably my favorite game ever in that condition, actually.

As for romances in D&D games, eh. The NWN2 developers (at least the ones that I talked to) generally hate writing and implementing them, and that, along with generous portions of axed content due to staff shake-ups, made party interactions and romance in NWN2 pretty stupid. It's hard to tell who exactly wants romances in the games, since the "hardcore" gamers usually roll their eyes at them and the devs don't like them all that much. But there was a stupid amount of work done in the BG2 community towards custom romantic NPCs, so I guess it's got some support. Romance in BG2 was really more of the PC treating their love interest's Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

The murder of the female companion at the beginning of NWN2 was actually a joke at Bioware's expense regarding the beginning of BG2.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #132 on: 04 Sep 2007, 23:06 »

If you know where I could get or modify BG2 in the condition you describe, I wouldn't mind playing it through again. 
As for in-game NPC romances, I've always been a fan when they're handled convincingly as part of the developing plot, and given the player's option of replacing all party members with player generated characters, the so-called hardcore members have a work-around to the whole "talk to the wingless sky elf about her feelings" bit.  If you're an Oots reader you've got to be wondering what it is about these winged ladies that captures the imagination of developers the world over.

I definitely agreed that if you're going to include romance in your RPG you better make sure that the plot is well-written and well realized.  The half assed attitude in NWN2 was just humorous.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #133 on: 04 Sep 2007, 23:39 »

If you know where I could get or modify BG2 in the condition you describe, I wouldn't mind playing it through again. 
As for in-game NPC romances, I've always been a fan when they're handled convincingly as part of the developing plot, and given the player's option of replacing all party members with player generated characters, the so-called hardcore members have a work-around to the whole "talk to the wingless sky elf about her feelings" bit.  If you're an Oots reader you've got to be wondering what it is about these winged ladies that captures the imagination of developers the world over.

I definitely agreed that if you're going to include romance in your RPG you better make sure that the plot is well-written and well realized.  The half assed attitude in NWN2 was just humorous.
Torrent ToB, then
Ascension
Unfinished Business
Banter Pack
Dungeon-B-Gone (allows direct bypass of Irenicus' dungeon)
installed in that order. There are some CNPC mods out there too, but the vast majority of them are remarkably amateur. Fade and Kelsey are the best, but that ain't saying much. There are more mods out there, but those few allow for the best (balanced) gameplay possible.

Anyway, getting back on topic. Half-Life 2. That shit was wack. Ep 1 was pretty good, though.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #134 on: 04 Sep 2007, 23:50 »

Why would you want to bypass Irenicus's dungeon? I mean, it's been years since I played BG2, but is there any particular reason to skip it?

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #135 on: 05 Sep 2007, 00:22 »

Why would you want to bypass Irenicus's dungeon? I mean, it's been years since I played BG2, but is there any particular reason to skip it?
When you've played through BG2 as much as I have, you can go through the dungeon in your sleep (and I have more than once, thanks to Ambien). Besides, it helps with roleplayer's remorse.

If you haven't played BG2 that much, though, and you've got an hour and a half to spare, don't use the mod. You get slightly more stuff going through the dungeon anyway (the mod inserts a character that can teleport you to the exit and gives you all the gold, items and experience you'd get for fighting through it, but leaves out magic scrolls)
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #136 on: 05 Sep 2007, 07:06 »

Anyway, getting back on topic. Half-Life 2. That shit was wack. Ep 1 was pretty good, though.

The HL2 ending left me with profoundly mixed feelings.  The man in the grey suit coming back and saving you was just sinister enough to make me feel somewhat gratified for having beaten it.  Plus I was pretty sure that they wouldn't let the girl die if there were sequels (correctly as it turned out).  On the other hand, chalk up another incredibly crappy end boss.  You have to fight two of those plane things, plus knock out pieces of a machine?  Whose crappy idea was that?  And worse yet, it caught on.  Next thing you know you're beating Prey, you've just annihilated your mutant/machine hybrid/psychotic abductee girlfriend and your final fight involves shooting facets on a giant ball that turns around.

I definitely get the sense that game designers put endings at  or near the bottom of their list of priorities, maybe figuring that only a small percentage of gamers play to the end anyway.  Still, is it really that difficult?  Give me a final boss who fills Pilsner's Final Boss Criteria and I'm happy: (1) huge; (2) incredibly twisted; (3) shoots a truly mindblowing array of crap; (4) has at least three modes, at least one of which involving interacting with the environment; (5) dies in a grotesque cinematic, preferably while futilely reaching out of the magma/dimensional rift/black hole/liquid metal/etc. to drag you in with him; and (6) requires between 5 and 20 tries to work out a strategy to beat.  If you are going to diverge from the Criteria, you had better bring your "A" Game.  The final bosses in HL2, Doom 2 and Prey all diverged from the criteria to their detriment.

Incidentally, did anyone notice that the finale of Frisky Dingo Season 1 was a direct take-off of the end of HLII?  That's one of the first times I've seen a TV show imitate a video game so closely (aside from you know Reboot).  In asking that question, incidentally, I feel that I have transcended to a new plane of geekdom.

Tehz

• The German Chancellory building
  • and the driving snow that drives me home
« Reply #137 on: 05 Sep 2007, 09:22 »

Dead Rising.

Yay, everyone dies...
Its crap.

and here they are saying it has nothing to do with, and no relation with Dawn of the Dead the movie... my rear end it doesn't.

Um, there are several endings you can get. There are like, six or seven possibilities, and which one you get all depends on how you played the game.

You obviously just got one of the shitty ones.

Somnambulist

« Reply #138 on: 07 Sep 2007, 19:16 »

The Descent series. I loved the games themselves to bits, and still do, but the endings are just pathetic.

Descent
"Oh, you killed all the bad robots. Thanks! By the way, we never intended to let you just come back home, go to some space station and wait for the sequel."

Descent ][
This one actually wasn't as bad, or maybe it was just me. Cool explosion sequence, then — DUN DUN DUNNNN — the warp core malfunctions and you disappear! Are you, the gallant Material Defender, dead? Lost in deep space? Tune in next week season three years to find out!

Descent³
By far the worst, and mainly because they tried to drag it out. The Guidebot gets smoked — but OH NO IT'S OK, it didn't really die, it gets back up again so the kids in the audience don't bust into tears. Everybody goes out of their way to refer to you as Material Defender in their lines, almost mocking the fact that you're the one chump the writers didn't give a name to. MD breaks the fourth wall (wtf!) just to grin retardedly at the camera, like "a-hurr durr, I turned off dem viruses lol". Some dick on the CED ship (who we never saw before the end cutscene) is summing up all the stuff that's better, like he's in a Saturday morning cartoon from the 70s. "Congratulations to the Material Defender!" Little stuff, like the cheesy music, bad lines, green-lined wipe transitions...I'll forgive the horrible CGI since it was 1999, but yikes. In their defense, though, MD1032 is a total badass and does bother to let it show once or twice.
[/rant]

In contrast, D3's opening is one of my faves from any game. Far better music, almost haunting in the beginning and heart-swellingly triumphant at the end. Watching it again, it actually almost brought a tear to my eye to see the charred remains of the Pyro the player had flown and loved for years consigned to the fires of a star — a fittingly dramatic beginning to a new chapter. So...like, what, did they fire all the talented people once they finished that video?
« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2007, 19:47 by Somnambulist »

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #139 on: 07 Sep 2007, 22:23 »

Dead Rising.

Yay, everyone dies...
Its crap.

and here they are saying it has nothing to do with, and no relation with Dawn of the Dead the movie... my rear end it doesn't.

Um, there are several endings you can get. There are like, six or seven possibilities, and which one you get all depends on how you played the game.

You obviously just got one of the shitty ones.
Unfortunately, those might be the endings of Dead Rising. Apparently, since the game didn't exactly take the isle of Nipon by storm, it's currently not getting a sequel, which means if they make one it won't be out for several years.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #140 on: 07 Sep 2007, 22:29 »

Well, it seemed like a pretty Western-oriented game, so that doesn't really surprise me. It certainly sold well over here, so I don't see why they shouldn't make a sequel.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #141 on: 07 Sep 2007, 23:04 »

I don't know, Capcom's priorities I guess. It sold a million plus outside of Japan. Home is where the heart is, and all that.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Blue Kitty

• Twitter
« Reply #142 on: 07 Sep 2007, 23:19 »

The Darkness

you killed your uncle and are ready for your life to begin a new, instead tentacles swallow your screen and the credits start to role.  no explantion of what happened, nothing telling you that in the comics he did become the new leader of the mafia, absolutely nothing.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #143 on: 08 Sep 2007, 08:44 »

I didn't look, but supposedly all that stuff was in the extras you could unlock. 
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

ackblom12

« Reply #144 on: 08 Sep 2007, 19:38 »

I don't know, Capcom's priorities I guess. It sold a million plus outside of Japan. Home is where the heart is, and all that.

They do at least have it on the table.

http://www.deadrising2.net/news/187647394.php

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #145 on: 10 Sep 2007, 02:03 »

They do at least have it on the table.

http://www.deadrising2.net/news/187647394.php
I'm wondering exactly what would take DR2 out of the "consideration" stage and into production. The sales aren't going to get any better. Either they'll arbitrarily start it up at some random time or it's not being made. Who knows, maybe Inafune will make it his pet project, but at this point I'm taking that about as seriously as I take Quentin Tarantino talking about making a Half-Life adaptation or a WWII film with Willis, Stallone and Schwarzenegger as leads, especially if making DR2 would require neglect of Inafune's other duties, as he implies.
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #146 on: 10 Sep 2007, 13:51 »

Well, Dead Rising only came out a year ago, calling a sequel dead just because it hasn't been announced yet is pretty premature. After all, Microsoft hasn't even officially announced a Gears of War sequel yet, but it's absurdly obvious one is in the works.

KvP

• COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #147 on: 11 Sep 2007, 00:52 »

There's a difference between a sequel being unannounced and it being specifically denied that the game's in development, no? I don't see why Capcom would lie when they could just give a "no comment".
I review, sometimes.
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #148 on: 11 Sep 2007, 10:32 »

I'm just saying that just because they're not working on one right now doesn't mean one won't happen. If I had to guess, I'd bet that if they aren't working on one now, they could easily start one after Devil May Cry 4 wraps up and some more development resources free up.

Jiggsy

« Reply #149 on: 08 May 2008, 21:18 »

...the finale of Frisky Dingo Season 1...

Well, they made up for it with the finale (and the last few episodes) in season 2, thats for sure!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up