THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 12:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Songs From the Black Hole  (Read 2403 times)

doki

Songs From the Black Hole
« on: 03 Mar 2007, 05:47 »

I have only just discovered this thing.  this thing is quite possibly the only thing that would make weezer cooler than they are.  Songs From the Black hole is a Space Rock Opera that evolved into Pinkerton.  i'm in the process of dicecting it now.  if you've heard of it or (better yet) heard it, im curious to know what you think of it

wiki!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songs_from_the_black_hole

Scytale

Re: Songs From the Black Hole
« Reply #1 on: 03 Mar 2007, 05:54 »

I just read the plot summary and well it's no 2112 or Operation Mindcrime but hey concept albums are a pretty nifty thing

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #2 on: 03 Mar 2007, 06:37 »

I've never heard it all the way through. I've heard a few songs from it. I think 'Longtime Sunshine' was going to be on it?
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

ImRonBurgundy?

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "That's all," he added.
« Reply #3 on: 03 Mar 2007, 07:51 »

Tommy, did you look for them on weezernation.com?  They have a huge archive of demos and stuff up for download in mp3 format.
You just came back to shit in my heart, didn't you Ryan?

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #4 on: 03 Mar 2007, 08:30 »

From what I remember hearing, it was good. But it was no...

My Dad totally has this on vinyl and it is, as the kids say, radical.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #5 on: 03 Mar 2007, 10:24 »

I heard these a while ago. Aside from 'You Won't Get With Me Tonight', none of them strike me as essential.

Much, much better was the original demos for Album 5. There was twenty or so live demos with piano accompaniment that I thought were some of the best songs Cuomo had written. Then somehow he dumped them and we ended up with 'Make Believe', truly the 'St. Anger' of Weezer albums. Can anyone find these demos? They used to be available for download but now I can't find them. I don't really care about the band anymore but it pains me to think there are real Weezer fans that haven't heard these excellent songs.

Weezernation.net, tommy.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:
Pages: [1]   Go Up