Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Halo 3  (Read 8181 times)

Hunter

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
Halo 3
« on: 03 Mar 2007, 22:41 »

Bam!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/viewer.aspx?productId=1084&assetTypeId=2&shotId=2

I heard November '07.  Anyone else biting their nails in excitement ?

Last night some one woke me up at 3 in the morning wearing a scary clown face and threatening me with a round of naked sit ups.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
Re: Halo 3
« Reply #1 on: 04 Mar 2007, 01:04 »

No, because it's going to be exactly like the first two.

Meaning, mediocre and filled with 15-year-olds calling people gay while their voices crack.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Iron_Fist

• Larger than most fish
  • Derp-derpa doo.
« Reply #2 on: 04 Mar 2007, 01:36 »

I'm more excited about killzone 2.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3 on: 04 Mar 2007, 02:41 »

I'm more excited for going to the dentist next week.

Halo is the most mediocre waste of potential since I can't think of anything nearly as bad.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

JJMitchell

« Reply #4 on: 04 Mar 2007, 06:05 »

I'm more excited about having a good bowel movement.

But I suck at fpsers.

WelshPete

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #5 on: 04 Mar 2007, 07:12 »

The games previously have been too easy and the story lines to both have been terrible...i cant understand why people seem to like this series so much!

Only reason i can come up with is it has a pretty good multiplayer mode if your wiv a few mates....though cant understand people on X-Box live who soon as they kill you have to  run over and start bobbin up n down on your player!

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #6 on: 04 Mar 2007, 08:26 »

I fall into the category of "I like the Halo series." I neither love nor hate it. I will probably play Halo 3 whenever I get around to owning a 360.

greenMonkey

• The Tickler
  • WOO
« Reply #7 on: 04 Mar 2007, 08:33 »

Meh, Halo was a good FPS.  But not the great game that so many people made it out to be.  And Halo 2 kind of sucked.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #8 on: 04 Mar 2007, 10:42 »

Halo CE was good for two things: co-op Legendary, and wacky LAN parties.

Halo 2 was good for two things: wacky LAN parties, and being the Pink Ranger.

The Xbox Live experience for Halo is godawful: the community is comprised of boys too young to be playing Mature games and men too old to be playing Mature games. It doesn't help that Halo 2 was rushed, the single-player was lackluster, and it had more bugs than my windshield.

That being said, yes I'll be picking up Halo 3. I suppose I'll get around to activating my Beta account when it releases, but I doubt I'll play much multiplayer. I am hoping the co-op adventure doesn't suck, and then I will port it to LANs with people that don't scream.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Catfish_Man

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • Assorted Stuff
« Reply #9 on: 04 Mar 2007, 11:08 »

I have to say I really don't understand the halo hate. I can only assume it's a combination of 'indie pride' (i.e. "it's popular, so obviously I don't like it"), outrage about a few glaring flaws (library in halo 1, ending in halo 2), and the fact that most of the people complaining are probably FPS fans, and prefer faster-paced (harder?) games. I'm definitely not an FPS gamer in general, so my perspective is likely quite a bit different.

Also I don't really do console gaming much, so my Halo 2 experience is *extremely* limited. Network coop is the thing I'm looking forward to the most, although if they never get around to doing a PC port... :(

ackblom12

« Reply #10 on: 04 Mar 2007, 11:14 »

It has a lot more to do with the fact that Halo just simply isn't that good, especially compared to other games in the genre (though not necesarilly other console fPS's) and that it's a series that has managed to get perfect 10's across the board on review sites despite some large glaring flaws. Also the online fanbase.

That coupled with the fact that every time Halo is mentioned in front of most gamers they start spouting about how it's the greatest game ever made. The wanking is especially bad on most messageboards.

Catfish_Man

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • Assorted Stuff
« Reply #11 on: 04 Mar 2007, 12:54 »

That coupled with the fact that every time Halo is mentioned in front of most gamers they start spouting about how it's the greatest game ever made. The wanking is especially bad on most messageboards.

Huh. I've never seen a message board where the halo thread(s) didn't look basically like this one. I guess I just don't hang out in those parts of the 'net.

Hunter

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #12 on: 04 Mar 2007, 13:27 »

But guys....the trailer! Doesn't it make you want to splooge your money on an Xbox 360 and wait in a basement till it comes out?
Last night some one woke me up at 3 in the morning wearing a scary clown face and threatening me with a round of naked sit ups.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #13 on: 04 Mar 2007, 13:51 »

I've seen the trailer.

Made me wish Halo was a better game. In fact, I've always wished it. All Halo ever has been to me in a massive disappointment for what could've been.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

WelshPete

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #14 on: 04 Mar 2007, 14:46 »

Have seen 2 or 3 trailers for Halo 3 and tbh it isnt looking that amazing! When you compare it to other games available or planned it doesnt seem to be this almighty game people seem to be praying for!

As to buying a console for a game this definetly aint worth the hassel....though i dout any game is though if you want a desent machine to play games on get a PC! As long as you have a decent spec you can play amazing games on there!

Observer

« Reply #15 on: 04 Mar 2007, 16:41 »

I've seen the trailer.

Made me wish Halo was a better game. In fact, I've always wished it. All Halo ever has been to me in a massive disappointment for what could've been.
What would've made it better, then?

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #16 on: 04 Mar 2007, 16:50 »

Halo is the kind of series like Metal Gear Solid in that most of the games aren't actually that good, but they're so popular and ubiquitous that you usually end up playing them anyway.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #17 on: 04 Mar 2007, 16:54 »

If Halo 3 is indeed the final installment in the series, it better damn well answer all the plot holes that the first two revealed, and I hope it does. Otherwise I am going to be heck of pissed.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Narr

« Reply #18 on: 04 Mar 2007, 18:03 »

I won't be getting it.

Don't have a 360, mostly, but also because BATTLEFIELD 2142 CONSUMES MY SOUL.  Northern Strike needs to come out soon.

greenMonkey

• The Tickler
  • WOO
« Reply #19 on: 04 Mar 2007, 18:57 »

I have to say I really don't understand the halo hate. I can only assume it's a combination of 'indie pride' (i.e. "it's popular, so obviously I don't like it"), outrage about a few glaring flaws (library in halo 1, ending in halo 2), and the fact that most of the people complaining are probably FPS fans, and prefer faster-paced (harder?) games. I'm definitely not an FPS gamer in general, so my perspective is likely quite a bit different.

Also I don't really do console gaming much, so my Halo 2 experience is *extremely* limited. Network coop is the thing I'm looking forward to the most, although if they never get around to doing a PC port... :(

I don't hate it, I just don't absolutely love it.  The original was a pretty good game; better than a lot of the other stuff that was coming out at the time.  And it was a major selling point for the original Xbox.  I guess I'm just kind of Haloed out.  I've played it a lot with friends, and have had to endure so many fanboys (especially at my high school) ranting about how good it is that it's kind of turned me off of the good aspects of the game.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #20 on: 04 Mar 2007, 19:13 »

Exactly. Some games are just so unbelievably overrated it's just not fun for people who aren't obsessive anymore.

And like I said, playing Halo on Live is crappy because everyone who likes Halo seems to be a homophobic 15-year-old who can't stop talking about how great he is at the game. And there are just many, many better shooters out there, period.

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
« Reply #21 on: 04 Mar 2007, 21:01 »

I'll admit, I'm looking forward to it.  I got into the beta.  I'm not in it for the story, (although the first book, the only one I've read, was pretty good) I'm in it for the multiplayer.  I used to have at least 2 LAN parties a month with 3 of my friends and we'd do nothing but drink soda, eat pizza, and chuck grenades at things.  That, and I'm fairly interested in the moviemaker. 
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #22 on: 04 Mar 2007, 21:04 »

What would've made it better, then?

Faster control.
Deeper AI (like was the original selling point of the game).
An actual purpose for squadmates.
Better level design.
A coherent and intelligent plot in the game instead of the books.
Better physics.

Any of the advances made to FPSes since Quake came out, really.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #23 on: 04 Mar 2007, 21:12 »

Realistic jumping, too. I'm kind of sick of people defying the laws of gravity and jumping like some kind of crazy schizoid grasshopper.

Dimmukane

• juicer
« Reply #24 on: 05 Mar 2007, 09:50 »

Realistic jumping, too. I'm kind of sick of people defying the laws of gravity and jumping like some kind of crazy schizoid grasshopper.

Well, having read the first book, I can tell you that they're supposed to be able to jump like that.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

öde

« Reply #25 on: 05 Mar 2007, 11:37 »

Halo 1 was an immense amount of fun.

When I completed Halo 2 I wasn't too bothered.

AnotherQCaddict

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #26 on: 05 Mar 2007, 12:23 »

Halo is a good game series... not the best game series (I can think of games I'd rather play) but I have a group of friends who defy the typical "15 year old homophobe" demographic of the online part, I find it fun just to sneak up on people and nail them from behind, and I want to see how it ends. That's about all I have to say.
*sneezes* Sorry, I'm allergic to bullshit.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #27 on: 05 Mar 2007, 12:24 »

Halo is the kind of series like Metal Gear Solid in that most of the games aren't actually that good, but they're so popular and ubiquitous that you usually end up playing them anyway.

Hey man, I like the Metal Gear Solid series.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

KID

« Reply #28 on: 05 Mar 2007, 19:37 »

Halo is fun... the first few times you play it. It manages to get stale incredibly quick, and the storyline jumps between good, laughable, and terrible. That being said, I don't own any Microsoft consoles, so these judgemnts are based purely on my minimal experiences with the titles.

Coming Home

« Reply #29 on: 17 Mar 2007, 12:07 »

Halo is tremendously overrated.
But I'm getting Halo 3.
Because I like Halo.
It is not what people say it is.
But it is decent.

Mikagon

• Emoticontraindication
  • Toes!
« Reply #30 on: 13 Jun 2007, 19:23 »

I'm going to see the movie. You want to know why? Because it's going to be badass. And I still have yet to buy a 360 so I can play the third one but I'll get around to it. Eventually. I'm content playing the first two.
I'm a girl! I have a vagina for god's sake!
Pages: [1]   Go Up