THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 01:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chimaira  (Read 3012 times)

ichspeilemitmich

Chimaira
« on: 06 Mar 2007, 19:04 »

Anyone know why Chimaira got dropped from roadrunner records? its such a good label with as i lay dying and slipknot on it. Help?

Dimmukane

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • juicer
Re: Chimaira
« Reply #1 on: 06 Mar 2007, 20:40 »

Well, they most likely weren't selling enough.  Or financial/personal arguments.  Roadrunner is a mainstream label.  If you can't sell, you probably shouldn't be on a mainstream label.  Or arguing with the people who give you money.
Quote from: Johnny C
all clothes reflect identity constructs, destroy these constructs by shedding your clothes and sending pictures of the process to the e-mail address linked under my avatar

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #2 on: 06 Mar 2007, 21:41 »

[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Gridgm

• Beyoncé
« Reply #3 on: 06 Mar 2007, 23:42 »

its such a good label

you didn't

you seriously didn't

...did you?

roadrunner currently have two good bands dresden dolls and dreamtheatre...dragon force are mediocre

end of discussion
and my ears are wearing head phones
they do play my favorite songs
not music i'm told to like
but the songs that make me dance along

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #4 on: 06 Mar 2007, 23:50 »

Man, I don't know. I still like Dream Theater but when I heard they signed to Roadrunner my expectations for the next album went down significantly.

I mean, look at Opeth. Ghost Reveries was decent, but absolutely pales in comparison to everything they did before signing to Roadrunner.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #5 on: 07 Mar 2007, 00:03 »

Opeth finished Ghost Reveries before they signed to Roadrunner... and to say that a band like Opeth's (or Dream Theater for that matter) perceived lack in quality is due to signing to a new label is the height of ignorance.

Also, GR kicked ass.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Scytale

« Reply #6 on: 07 Mar 2007, 00:48 »

I just wish Opeth would get Dan Swano to produce them again, there early albums are so good. Morningrise and to some extent Orchid are far and away the style of Opeth I most prefer but I seem to be in the minority there...

Roadrunner has some pretty ordinary bands on it these days.

Back when Sepultura and Deicide were still awesome bands they were a pretty decent label...

penpen17

« Reply #7 on: 07 Mar 2007, 07:56 »

Chimaira?  Oh yeah, mis-spelled band names are SO cool.

Coming Home

« Reply #8 on: 07 Mar 2007, 11:17 »

its such a good label

you didn't

you seriously didn't

...did you?

roadrunner currently have two good bands dresden dolls and dreamtheatre...dragon force are mediocre

end of discussion
Dragon Force are terrible, minus their guitarists.
And The Dresden Dolls are eh.
Dreamtheatre is cool. Bassist is amazing.

Jotun

« Reply #9 on: 07 Mar 2007, 20:04 »

I had the pleasure of seeing Fear Factory and Chimaira unfortunately open (crime against humanity if you ask me) for Slipknot. Fear Factory and Chimaira were both absolutely fantastic and they could still do the Wall of Death back then. I actually think the drop from Roadrunner is a good thing if you look at the type of bands they decide should go together. Maybe they'll move to a better record label like SPV. I only fear for bands like Opeth and Porcupine Tree, who have been recently signed to RR. Looking at RR's line-up, it's hard to see where these bands would fit in on tour.

Gridgm

• Beyoncé
« Reply #10 on: 08 Mar 2007, 00:09 »

dragon force are brilliant minus their guitarists ... they are aevery pulp fantasy novel you've ever picked up because it said cheap $1 and can't stop reading because of how horrible it is...kind of like that trucker who writes romance...
and my ears are wearing head phones
they do play my favorite songs
not music i'm told to like
but the songs that make me dance along

amok

• Duck attack survivor
  • low AI ketamine android
« Reply #11 on: 08 Mar 2007, 04:45 »

I just wish Opeth would get Dan Swano to produce them again, there early albums are so good. Morningrise and to some extent Orchid are far and away the style of Opeth I most prefer but I seem to be in the minority there...

Morningrise is the best one by far. We need more 20-minute Opeth songs.

Opeth finished Ghost Reveries before they signed to Roadrunner...

Must've been a strange coincidence then 'cos that album was really flaccid, even compared to Blackwater Park etc. :( hopefully that was just a momentary lapse of reason and the next one will be awesome. I have faith in Opeth.

Coming Home

« Reply #12 on: 08 Mar 2007, 12:27 »

dragon force are brilliant minus their guitarists ... they are aevery pulp fantasy novel you've ever picked up because it said cheap $1 and can't stop reading because of how horrible it is...kind of like that trucker who writes romance...
I don't argue that the content is good.
But I just can't stand the vocalist! I can't stand him! If I could cut the vocals out, I would listen to Dragonforce.

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #13 on: 08 Mar 2007, 12:39 »

its such a good label

you didn't

you seriously didn't

...did you?

end of discussion

3 Inches of Blood, kid.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:
Pages: [1]   Go Up