Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Denali  (Read 2224 times)

starkofdoom

• Not quite a lurker
Denali
« on: 07 Mar 2007, 17:58 »

So I can never find anyone else that has ever heard of Denali, please tell me someone here has heard of them?

starkofdoom

• Not quite a lurker
Re: Denali
« Reply #1 on: 07 Mar 2007, 18:13 »

Ahahahahaha.....  :-D I totally forgot that I registered on these boards last year, I post from work and the site got blocked for about 2 months. I bet it happened right after I registered. So yeah Thats me. My bad.

starkofdoom

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #2 on: 07 Mar 2007, 18:21 »

Oh and for those in the previous thread who asked what happened to them, they managed to release 2 albums before the band broke up do to issues and then the lead singer made a band called Bella Lea that honestly isn't nearly as good.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #3 on: 07 Mar 2007, 18:30 »

I am pretty sure I opened for them with the band I played in back in college. They were pretty good live.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #4 on: 08 Mar 2007, 06:06 »

I have a friend who has frequently recommended them to me, so I suppose I should find some. Which would be the best album to start on?
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Chad K.

• FIGHT YOU
    • The Riveras
« Reply #5 on: 08 Mar 2007, 07:51 »

I played in a band that opened for them at a club called the Hi-pointe in St. Louis.  Super nice folks.  The load-in was up this ridiculous flight of stairs off the street that lead to the back of the stage. They helped us carry our stuff in and stayed around after the show until about 2 a.m. making small talk even though they were driving to Oklahoma that night.  They played a very nice set of moody music.  One of my favorite shows I've played, actually.  You can find their videos all over youtube.   

starkofdoom

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #6 on: 08 Mar 2007, 22:17 »

They have 2 albums, The Instinct and their self titled, honestly it doesn't matter which one you start with the music really isn't that different. The best comparison I found so far is Blonde Redhead. As said it is moody music, the lead singer some amazingly haunting vocals.
Pages: [1]   Go Up