THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 12:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: my cd is out to get me  (Read 2226 times)

HEY YOU! STOP THAT!

my cd is out to get me
« on: 11 Mar 2007, 21:16 »

Recently, i acquired a copy of the shins' oh, inverted world. At my first convenience, i put it into my stereo, and commenced to have an audiorgasmic experience (though not literally, as it would likely be unsanitary). I deemed it worthy to go onto my computer (and further onto my mp3 player) but an unexpected problem arose. When i put the cd into my computer, nothing happened. It was like i hadn't put a cd into it at all. Or so I thought. You see, as soon as i would try to access the cd through i-tunes, windows media, or even my computer, the window would lock up. The only way to stop it is to eject the cd. This is not the first time I have seen this happen, but now it's a real issue (the other time it was some horrible death metal band my friend was trying to listen to). I hope that  somehow, through the combination of musical and technical nerdery, someone knows how to fix this.
« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2007, 21:24 by HEY YOU! STOP THAT! »

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
Re: my cd is out to get me
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2007, 01:57 »

Format your hard drive(s).
Install decent operating system.
???
Profit!

ScrambledGregs

« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2007, 08:15 »

Recently, i acquired a copy of the shins' oh, inverted world. At my first convenience, i put it into my stereo, and commenced to have an audiorgasmic experience (though not literally, as it would likely be unsanitary). I deemed it worthy to go onto my computer (and further onto my mp3 player) but an unexpected problem arose. When i put the cd into my computer, nothing happened. It was like i hadn't put a cd into it at all. Or so I thought. You see, as soon as i would try to access the cd through i-tunes, windows media, or even my computer, the window would lock up. The only way to stop it is to eject the cd. This is not the first time I have seen this happen, but now it's a real issue (the other time it was some horrible death metal band my friend was trying to listen to). I hope that  somehow, through the combination of musical and technical nerdery, someone knows how to fix this.

If I recall correctly, Oh, Inverted World is an enhanced CD. Sometimes those play havoc with computers. You may have to insert the CD and wait for the enhanced content to pop up. Once it does, close it out and import it to whatever.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #3 on: 13 Mar 2007, 07:29 »

Try holding shift when you put it in the drive to supress the auto-run silliness.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.
Pages: [1]   Go Up