THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 06:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: POKEMANS  (Read 53460 times)

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
Re: POKEMANS
« Reply #50 on: 22 Apr 2007, 03:20 »

Still undecided which of the ugly starter types to choose.

Is it wrong that I just pick my starter pokemon based on how cute they are?
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

Ally

« Reply #51 on: 22 Apr 2007, 11:36 »

Quote from: me
I never really try to collect all of the Pokemon, I just like building cute/hilarious teams and taking people out with 'em.

Yeah, me too. Maybe it's a girl thing? I was obsessed with Squirtle in like, 3rd grade, and I wouldn't let it evolve. Er.

Johnny Evilguy

« Reply #52 on: 22 Apr 2007, 11:55 »

Unosuke

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #53 on: 22 Apr 2007, 15:40 »

I haven't played a standard pokemon game since Blue, so I'm all "OMG!" the thing that bothers me though, you can't get online and just play random people, they want friend codes, which is really annoying cause I'm the only person I know who is really excited about this game.
Jeph: I think I like drunken baking. It has a sense of danger that you just don't get when you're sober.

Locke

« Reply #54 on: 22 Apr 2007, 16:27 »

I got it today, I've been putting in some time in the first areas, I picked Piplup, the water penguin.  All of the starters end with a two-type final evolution.  The grass becomes Grass/Ground, the fire becomes Fire/Fighting, and the water becomes Water/Steel, which is indescribably awesome.

The grass dude is the best defensive one of them all until Piplup's final evolution.  Bidoof is a funny lookin' thing, its like a morbidly obese pikachu.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #55 on: 22 Apr 2007, 16:52 »

You asshole, I hope you die while I wait for my copy with 2 day shipping to arrive.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Manix

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #56 on: 22 Apr 2007, 17:20 »

I got both Diamond and Pearl today, and am curently leveling up my Monferno in Oreburgh mine.

I'm so glad I pre-ordered both of them. :-D

Unosuke

« Reply #57 on: 23 Apr 2007, 07:08 »

when do the starters evolve?
Jeph: I think I like drunken baking. It has a sense of danger that you just don't get when you're sober.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #58 on: 23 Apr 2007, 11:35 »

I've managed to play it for about 2 hours (which is, oh, two hours more than Storm. Ahahah!), and I've got to say it feels a little less polished than previous renditions, although that could just be first impressions talking, or the LONG timespan between my Pokemon experiences. I picked a Piplup, breaking my steadfast fire-starter tradition because the fire-starter looks like a damn monkey. I don't want a damn monkey. So I've got a penguin.

I've decided I'm going to be relatively hardcore about collecting the Pokemans. Catch, level appropriately, catch new, repeat. So far I've got a bird-thingy (I nickname them as soon as I catch 'em, so sue me) and a Midoof. All of my nicknames are directly or indirectly referencing music. Even my fucking Pokemon team are indie hipster snobs.

I haven't bothered figuring out my friends code yet, but it seems like options for wireless gameplay are pretty deep. Aside from the normal (trading, battling), you can draw. It's like Pictochat over the interwebs. There's some other stuff too but I didn't pay attention. Mixed signals about voicechat, but it SOUNDS like it is enabled. We can hear each other cuss!
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #59 on: 23 Apr 2007, 19:29 »

Once again, as I wait another 20 hours to get my hands on a copy, fuck all of you.

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time
« Reply #60 on: 23 Apr 2007, 20:39 »

i don't have it yet either, storm. :( might send the boy to try to get it for me tomorrow though... ^_^
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

ackblom12

« Reply #61 on: 23 Apr 2007, 23:09 »

All this talk of actually playing the game has completely drained what little patience I had waiting for the game.

Assholes.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #62 on: 24 Apr 2007, 07:36 »

I am thinking Storm will have beaten the game before I reach my second trainer.

I am thinking he's gonna be pretty hardcore about this.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

ackblom12

« Reply #63 on: 24 Apr 2007, 11:28 »

I'm playing with my Pokemans.

Ally

« Reply #64 on: 24 Apr 2007, 14:48 »

Finally ordered mine today. Should have it Thursday, probably won't be able to play until Saturday.

I maaay eventually try to finish off the entire pokedex, but I'll need help! We should establish a small loaning system for people on the forum. I can get anyone all of the legendaries from rb/gs, and any Pokemon from Red or Gold. I also may have the three original starters on Yellow. I'll need help with sr pokemon if I ever attempt this though! Once I get to Pal Park and things, I will see what I can do to help you guys.

Hmm, maybe today I'll connect my DS to the internet for once.

ackblom12

« Reply #65 on: 24 Apr 2007, 14:58 »

I would definitely appreciate some help with my Pokedex. I'm planning on finishing it up and I'll be adding my Friend Code to the appropriate at some point this week. Besides, it's always useful having folk to do trade evolutions with.

Ally

« Reply #66 on: 24 Apr 2007, 15:06 »

Shit. I just realized you need one of the gameboy advance Pokemon games - so you need to transfer your rb/gs pokemon to that and THEN to Pearl or Diamond, since gameboy color games don't work with DS. Dammit, sorry. I don't plan to buy any of the advance games but maybe I can borrow one from a friend.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #67 on: 24 Apr 2007, 16:50 »

I'm not really concerned with filling the Pokedex, to be honest.

I got my copy of Diamond in the mail today and I've already put about 2 hours into it. My team is as follows:

Lvl. 12 Piplup (Water)
Lvl. 9 Shinx (Electric)
Lvl. 7 Starly (Normal/Flying)
Lvl. 6 Budew (Grass/Poison)

Pretty balanced for this early. I'm looking for a Fire so I can take on Grass types since Starly hasn't learned any flying moves yet, and maybe a Psychic or Rock type just to fill the last spot.

ackblom12

« Reply #68 on: 24 Apr 2007, 17:19 »

Ok, Friend Codes People!

1246 5208 3030

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #69 on: 24 Apr 2007, 18:25 »

Fucking HELL I just spent 3 hours of my life getting my fucking wireless router to work with my DS. On the plus side, both Nintendo and my modem's manufacturer (2Wire) have INCREDIBLY detailed guides on connection problems.

Friends code to follow shortly! Where do I get it from?

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #70 on: 24 Apr 2007, 18:34 »

Guys my Piplup evolved! Also, I just traded a dumb Machop for an Abra because they are a pain in the ass to catch normally because of Teleport!

Plus it will grow faster due to being traded. But I have to be careful not to use it so much it won't listen anymore.

ackblom12

« Reply #71 on: 24 Apr 2007, 18:39 »

Fucking HELL I just spent 3 hours of my life getting my fucking wireless router to work with my DS. On the plus side, both Nintendo and my modem's manufacturer (2Wire) have INCREDIBLY detailed guides on connection problems.

Friends code to follow shortly! Where do I get it from?

Go to the basement of any Pokecenter, and the WiFi counter folk will help you generate one.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #72 on: 25 Apr 2007, 00:46 »

I just got the second badge and the bicycle! I am now desperately running around the grass of Route 211 searching for a Ponyta to not accidentally kill because goddammit i need a Fire type. My team is as follows:

Lvl. 24 Prinplup (Water)
Lvl. 19 Kadabra (Psychic)
Lvl. 19 Luxio (Electric)
Lvl. 18 Staravia (Normal/Flying)
Lvl. 18 Budew (Grass/Poison)
Lvl. 16 Geodude (Rock/Ground)

I'll likely ditch Staravia for Ponyta when I finally get one since Prinplup knows a Flying-type attack anyway.

Spinless

« Reply #73 on: 25 Apr 2007, 07:09 »

The hell you guys! Stop talking about new pokemon until I have it!

Edit: I want Pearl since Palkia looks cooler than Dialga.
« Last Edit: 25 Apr 2007, 07:17 by Spinless »

Scytale

« Reply #74 on: 25 Apr 2007, 08:05 »

I have an emulated PC version of Pearl,  I haven't really played it yet, beyond making a character and talking to your Mum, I have to say though whats up with the new Professor Rowan or something, I miss Professor Oak, he seems cooler.

If it's good I may even by a DS just for the trading etc.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #75 on: 25 Apr 2007, 19:14 »

Pokemon Diamond
Melodic
2234 3637 8004

EDIT: restarted and not sure if the same code applies.
« Last Edit: 26 Apr 2007, 10:18 by Melodic »

Unosuke

« Reply #76 on: 25 Apr 2007, 19:22 »

Diamond
Name: Uno
Friend Code: 1890 7643 8046

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #77 on: 25 Apr 2007, 20:50 »

Ackblom, I'm pretty sure we need both your trainer name, as well as your friend code. BECAUSE SOMEONE MIGHT RANDOMLY TYPE IN A FRIEND CODE OH-NO!

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #78 on: 25 Apr 2007, 22:16 »

Screw you guys and your newfangled pokemans.

I busted out my copy of Gold the other day and I'm lovin' it.

I made Miltank my bitch about 20 minutes ago in the Goldenrod gym.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

ackblom12

« Reply #79 on: 25 Apr 2007, 23:09 »

Ackblom, I'm pretty sure we need both your trainer name, as well as your friend code. BECAUSE SOMEONE MIGHT RANDOMLY TYPE IN A FRIEND CODE OH-NO!

Well son of a whore!

I mean that in the nicest way possible. I swear.

Trainer Name: Stephen
Friend Code: 1246 5208 3030

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #80 on: 26 Apr 2007, 10:19 »

Well, after about 5 hours of gameplay, I restarted. Back to scratch. Still got a Piplup or whatever it's called.

Ally

« Reply #81 on: 26 Apr 2007, 13:27 »

Pearl just arrived and I've already found an error in the instruction booklet (it told me to trade with Pearl version to capture all the Pokemon, haha). I may start a game now and play later since I'm pretty busy today. I promised myself I'd take this slow and not rush to other gyms without properly levelling up my Pokemon like I did in the old games. Friend code soon, but I won't be ready to battle for a while!

ackblom12

« Reply #82 on: 26 Apr 2007, 14:10 »

hmm, what is this "Properly" leveling you speak of? I have this nasty habit of power leveling my starter Pokemon and then getting raped later when I get to a gym or area with nothing but my weakness.

That and some of my favorite pokemon need to be traded to evolve, and I refuse to level them anymore until they are evolved.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #83 on: 26 Apr 2007, 15:38 »

I need to level my Pokemon more. I just got the fifth badge, but all of my team was lower level than the gym leader's Pokemon except for my starter. I'm gonna take a little break and level some guys more. I did, however, get to trade with one of the other guys at my school and get my Alakazam, Golem, and Gengar evolved as a result. My Emporeon is level 38, and all of the others are low 30s/late 20s. I can't figure out a good place to level, though.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #84 on: 26 Apr 2007, 15:56 »

That's actually why I restarted: I've no idea which way I want to play Pokemon after so many years away from it!

In Blue, when I finally stopped playing, my Charizard was 99, and every other pokemon was below 60. I'm far-too-often a player that powerlevels my starter, with maybe one or two others as backup, and I want to change that. So far, I've restarted 3 times, and I think I'm going to stick with it this time. I'm going to capture as many different kinds of pokemon as I can, but I'll only nickname (and use) the ones I really want. The rest are for show, and for stats, and if I need them I can powerlevel them later on. For now, I've got a Piplup, a Starly, and a Geodude, just after the first gym, and I'm liking the experience more than when I powerleveled.

Spike

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #85 on: 26 Apr 2007, 20:25 »

After playing for a while I can only ask myself one thing. How the fuck did I catch an Abra before?
Quote from: Joe Salton, a spam bot
I have seen all Internet.
Do or die, guys!

Thy Dungeonman

« Reply #86 on: 26 Apr 2007, 20:39 »

I actually managed to catch an Abra. At level 20 no less. I saw one in the wild, and threw a great ball at it, and it was caught. I didn't think it would work, either. I guess I'm just really lucky, but I remember doing the exact same thing in Sapphire.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #87 on: 26 Apr 2007, 20:45 »

I know my Abra from Blue was traded. My second Abra was caught using Sleep Powder and that one move in Silver that that mantis-type had that would NOT faint the pokemon, but WOULD go to 1HP. I am sooo fucked this time around.

ackblom12

« Reply #88 on: 26 Apr 2007, 22:48 »

Dear lord I had forgotten over the years how goddamn annoying Confusion is.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #89 on: 26 Apr 2007, 23:49 »

There is a character in one of the early towns (Oreburgh, I think?) that will trade you an Abra for a Machop. Do it. You won't be able to use it a lot at first because it will gain levels too fast from the extra experience and that will outstrip your badges and therefore your ability to control it, but it's a lot easier than catching one and you get it at a lower level so it maximizes stat growth. Right now that Abra is a level 32 Alakazam in my game and it's probably my best Pokemon besides my starter.

HFrankenstein

• Emoticontraindication
  • El Bueno!!
    • Hindrances to Progress
« Reply #90 on: 27 Apr 2007, 10:16 »

I've been nicknaming the Pokemans in my party after dead Viper pilots.  That's just ferociously geeky, even for me.
Hindrances to Progress Games to get in the way of your dreams!

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #91 on: 27 Apr 2007, 16:12 »

NEW CODE!

Melodic
0602 2778 2898

telephone

• Not quite a lurker
  • S'me
« Reply #92 on: 27 Apr 2007, 17:53 »

I stopped following pokemon after gold and silver.  I wanted crystal, but I couldn't find it.  Ruby and sapphire just confused me, I think there was someting about running shoes??  Anyway, I dont plan on getting the new pokemon games
Grt

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #93 on: 27 Apr 2007, 23:46 »

I've succeeded in getting all of my team except my Ponyta to level 36. I just need 3 more levels and I'm gonna finally take on that 6th Gym leader.

Ally

« Reply #94 on: 28 Apr 2007, 09:41 »

Hey guys, here is my very uneven team. I need a Shinx or something, and definitely a grass type. I have a few more Pokemon chilling in my box that I don't feel like training, though. I just got the first badge if that helps you place my progress.

Piplup, lvl 13 (water)
Starly, lvl 11 (normal, flying)
Abra, lvl 11 (psychic)
Geodude, lvl 11 (rock, ground)
Bidoof, lvl 9 (normal)

I'm not fond of the Bidoof - it was the first Pokemon I caught, though. I'm probably going to ditch it soon. Aroound what levels are the Pokemon of the next gym leader? I need a goal - I'm thinking lvl 16 for every Pokemon in my team (I'm trying to keep things even). Tipsss?

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #95 on: 28 Apr 2007, 13:30 »

I've just beaten the second gym leader, exclusively using my Staravia. Right now it's at level 24, with Prinplup at level 22. I find I've only really used my started for the first gym leader, and a couple of the caves: Staravia's Wing Attack is my new favorite move (next to Fire Spin from Red and Blue). I've caught every Pokemon up to this point, and ditched them in the PC for later use: right now, the only two I'm using are Staravia and Prinplup.

I had a Geodude with Rock Smash that was level 18, but I've thrown him away, caught two new Geodudes, nicknamed one "ROCK SMASH", game HIM the HM and ditched him in the PC, and leveled the new Geodude without the crappy HM. I did the same with CUT for Bidoofs. Currently trying to level my new Geodude back to 20.

ackblom12

« Reply #96 on: 28 Apr 2007, 13:41 »

So far my Bidoof has been my HM machine. He's got Cut, Rock Smash and can probalby learn some other uselesss HM move. It also just occured to me that I still find it hilarious that the Duo in Red and Blue could learn fly.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #97 on: 28 Apr 2007, 16:36 »

I just caught Dialga (the Diamond legendary, if you don't know)! Not before it KO'd half my team, but still. It's a level 47 Steel/Dragon type. It has only two weaknesses, and like, 12 resistances according to the Move Checker Poketch application.

My problem is, I have to figure out who to dump from my team now:

Emporeon, lvl. 49 (Water/Steel)
Luxray, lvl. 42 (Electric)
Alakazam, lvl. 42 (Psychic)
Golem, lvl. 40 (Rock/Ground)
Rapidash, lvl. 41 (Fire)
Gengar, lvl. 39 (Ghost/Poison)

I'm leaning towards Rapidash, just because it's stats are so low because Ponyta evolves so late and thus gets the bump in stat growth much later than the rest of my team. But at the same time I've had to make Golem a bit of an HM bitch because I taught him Rock Smash before realizing I'd be using him as much as I ended up doing. I taught him Rock Climb (another HM) as well, but it's a much better move than Rock Smash.

By the way guys, Pelipper (the evolved form of Wingull) is a great HM bitch if you find one. It can learn Surf, Fly, and Defog. Then again, Surf and Fly are actually decent moves, unlike Cut or Rock Smash, but Defog is pretty shitty. I just found it convenient and thought I should let you guys know.

Guardian 452

« Reply #98 on: 28 Apr 2007, 17:41 »

I wish I had some pokeymans.  :-(

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #99 on: 28 Apr 2007, 17:44 »

I've ended up saddling all of my current HMs with Bidoof (Rock Smash, Cut), and hope I can saddle him with most of the others ones, too. Obviously he can't learn Surf or Fly, but since both of those are decent moves I won't feel awful saddling one of my combat Pokemans with 'em.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up