THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 30 Apr 2024, 12:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: POKEMANS  (Read 53696 times)

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
Re: POKEMANS
« Reply #100 on: 29 Apr 2007, 16:40 »

Psh, you kids and your newfangled pokemans.  My gold lineup is superb at this point, and I'm only on the 5th gym.

Lv. 21 Butterfree (Bug/Flying)
Lv. 21 Quilava (starter; Fire)
Lv. 21 Pidgeotto (Normal/Flying)
Lv. 21 Raticate (Normal)
Lv. 22 Sudowoodo (Rock)
Lv. 25 Flaaffy (Electric)

Flaffy was level 22 before I surfed to Cianwood, and he gained 3 levels from fighting all the water-types on the way over.  I swear, I'm going to be so happy once I get fly for Pidgeotto.  Also, instead of having an HM bitch I just decided to spread my HMs out. Quilava has Cut, Sudowoodo has Strength, Raticate has Rock Smash, and this random thing I can't remember the name of has Surf in my PC.  I'll be teaching surf to a better water-type when I find one.  Probably when I catch the red Gyarados on Lake of Rage or something because he is for win.

Oh, and, is it possible to get a Silver Wing in Gold version, or only in Silver, and then they can't get the Rainbow Wing or something?  Also, what's the pokemon you get with the Rainbow Wing again?
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Yakob

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
« Reply #101 on: 29 Apr 2007, 18:15 »

Ho-oh. You get Lugia with the Silver Wing.

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #102 on: 29 Apr 2007, 18:18 »

I am playing Pearl now! It's quite fun.

Right now my team is...uh...man I can't remember the damn names of the friggin' things.

Just got the second badge, my core three POKEMANS (LET ME SHOW U THEM) are all in the low-20s. Right now I'm usin' a Grass, an Electricity, and a Ghost as my primaries. Really need to find some fire critters now.
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #103 on: 29 Apr 2007, 20:18 »

Ho-oh. You get Lugia with the Silver Wing.

rightthnx.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #104 on: 29 Apr 2007, 21:02 »

Man, I found out you can't get Misdreaveus in Diamond. Which is pretty shitty, because Gengar is still Ghost/Poison, which means it's still vulnerable to Psychic, which is annoying as hell when you're vulnerable to the very type you're trying to counter.

Right now I'm training up my team for the Elite Four! I have been playing this game way too much for the past week. I blame senioritis.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Postino

« Reply #105 on: 29 Apr 2007, 23:59 »

Get Drifloon, he is outside the power plant on Fridays. Ghost/Flying for the win.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #106 on: 04 May 2007, 23:08 »

I have Drifloon, actually, but Ghost/Flying is vulnerable to Electric and Ghost types are already immune to Ground, so the second type is sort of a liability there too.

Ally

« Reply #107 on: 05 May 2007, 14:22 »

Bryan I caught you a Misdreaveus. <3 Level 10, holla! I even nicknamed it something special for you. I'll post my friendcode soon and send it to you.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #108 on: 05 May 2007, 14:47 »

Ally you are the best. I'm going to need to find a Wi-Fi station, though. Maybe I can do that tomorrow.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #109 on: 05 May 2007, 16:36 »

I want one toooooo :'(
Bryan we gotta fights. I'll bring mah gloves.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Ally

« Reply #110 on: 05 May 2007, 16:38 »

I'll catch you one, too. It'll be low level, though, I just got my second badge. It will also have a ridiculous nickname.

ackblom12

« Reply #111 on: 06 May 2007, 14:58 »

I now have a ditto and much gooey love will be had.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #112 on: 06 May 2007, 15:04 »

Wait, where did you find one? Is it in Diamond/Pearl naturally, or do you have to get it through GTS/Pal transfer?

ackblom12

« Reply #113 on: 06 May 2007, 15:37 »

Friend of mine Pal Parked it. It's making my anal retentive training methods much much easier. That's assuming you consider training any and all pokemon I use from single digits only easier.

Duchess Tapioca

• Larger than most fish
    • Somebody wrote something about me on the internet!
« Reply #114 on: 06 May 2007, 17:27 »

I am pretty sure I have almost all the pokeman doods now. I never played before a month ago and all I remember from the tv was "POKEMON, gottta catch em all." My doods are a dragonite named Pistacio, a sableeye named Mervin, a dodrio named Bonkers, an American gastrodon named Nudibrank, a noctowl named Archemidies and my very favorite - a kangaskhan named Petuina. I caught them!

I am making them harder better faster stronger, to battle other doods and punch them in the face. Do you guys want any doods? My doods are cute.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #115 on: 06 May 2007, 17:39 »

Man, I just found out that my local McDonalds' doesn't have a Wi-Fi station I can steal, so I'm going to have to wait until next weekend when I can go to my friend's house so I can use his wireless to generate my friend code.

But I will totally trade/battle anybody when I'm over there! Especially if you have any of the Pokemans that you can't get in Diamond, whether they be from Pearl or older games. I don't know what I'd really be able to offer in return, but if you want to hook me up I would be grateful!

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #116 on: 06 May 2007, 19:54 »

Jesus, how many pokemans are there now?

I mean the only games I will actually accept as valid are red/blue, with gold/silver as a lesser extent.  Yellow was for pussies who didn't want to trade with other people.

ackblom12

« Reply #117 on: 06 May 2007, 20:01 »

493 total now if you include the event pokemon.

Seriously, this game beats the shit out of Red/Blue.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #118 on: 06 May 2007, 20:46 »

Yeah guys, I'm gonna be blunt: all the 'Red/Blue were the only REAL Pokemon games' stuff is bullshit. More Pokemon, more moves, and more types just means added layers of strategy which makes the games better for everyone. Besides, Psychic types were way overpowered in Red/Blue because the only Ghost types in the game were also Poison subtype and thus were vulnerable to Psychic attacks anyway, and because there were no very powerful bug type moves in Red and Blue. The only problems I have with Diamond/Pearl are that A) it's impossible to complete the Pokedex unless you've purchased every Pokemon game that has come out on the GBA or are willing to do an assload of trading to get the ones you're missing, and B) the event Pokemon. That being said, if I get a chance to go to a Nintendo event I will totally bring my copy of Diamond with me. Hopefully E for All will count because I want to go to that anyway.

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time
« Reply #119 on: 06 May 2007, 20:53 »

pokemon pearl
trainer name: yelley
friend code: 3394 0138 2214

be my pokemon friend.
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley

ackblom12

« Reply #120 on: 06 May 2007, 21:11 »

Son of an emaciated crack whore!

I just taught my Empoleon both Surf and Waterfall cause I was on Victory Road, and realized I had forgotten my goddamn Bibarel and was too lazy to go back and fight back through.

Sadly, I'm considering keeping Surf. Waterfall can kiss my ass though.

Also, everyone here has been added.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #121 on: 06 May 2007, 21:51 »

I have Surf on my Empoleon and it works just fine. Its movelist right now is Surf/Metal Claw/Hydro Pump/Drill Peck. I'm probably going to replace Metal Claw and possibly Drill Peck as well. But I haven't quite decided with what yet.

miss mephisto

« Reply #122 on: 07 May 2007, 11:51 »

Does it annoy anyone else that for D/P they started a list of 150 that mixes the old poke from the original list with new ones?

I'm not very far yet, but the game seems promising. I don't like the breeding thing though. There's too much thinking involved. Does anyone know if that crap is essential to the game?

ackblom12

« Reply #123 on: 07 May 2007, 12:34 »

Breeding is actually one of the easiest things in the game.Humanoid types can only breed with humanoid types, etc. etc.. Males determine what moves the hatchling has, and the female determines what pokemon it is. If you can find someone to give you a ditto, it pretends its whatever the sex your other pokemon isn't.

Breeding certainly isn't essential, but it aids you GREATLY in trading.

Also, fuck the Elite 4.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #124 on: 07 May 2007, 12:51 »

I've fallen for Nintendo's devious marketing scheme. I bought FireRed today. It was only 20 bucks, and you can barely get any of the original 150 in D/P and apparently FireRed/LeafGreen have some of the Pokemon from Gold and Silver as well. Problem is, you can only transfer in groups of six, so I have to start with one dude, catch 6, transfer, restart, and then repeat the process with the other 2 starters, and then start over AGAIN so I can actually play through the game in earnest. Ah well.

ackblom12

« Reply #125 on: 07 May 2007, 13:32 »

You know, I'm seriously wondering if I'm gonna bother doing EV training. My common sense tells me that's too goddamn much bother, while the side of me wanting to get all 493 entries in my pokedex is curb stomping its ass.

*sigh* Off to breed my little warriors.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #126 on: 07 May 2007, 14:01 »

Man, you are a sucker.

ackblom12

« Reply #127 on: 07 May 2007, 22:09 »

Says the man who recently bought Fire Red.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #128 on: 07 May 2007, 22:13 »

A) it was only 20 bucks.

B) buying Fire Red doesn't require me to learn an entire new levelling system, or breed an entire team from scratch and train them meticulously for that stupid system, or have the crazy delusion that I will somehow manage to get all 493 when there are are so many ridiculous hoops that must be jumped through in order to achieve that goal, probably including buying the aforementioned game in the first place.

So... yeah.

Thy Dungeonman

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #129 on: 07 May 2007, 22:14 »

Pokemon Diamond
Name: JESSE (I messed up and put all caps)
Code: 5111 9904 5161

I'll add everyone in the thread tomorrow.

Edit: Entire new leveling system? Wha? If there is one, I haven't noticed it.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #130 on: 07 May 2007, 22:17 »

That's because all the statistics about it are hidden from viewing in-game.

Welcome to the mindfuck.

ackblom12

« Reply #131 on: 07 May 2007, 22:44 »

Naaaaah, I'm relying on other people actually to get all of my thingamajigs. Namely a couple of friends who already have most of the older games. That, and message boards do a whole lot of good for rarer trades.

As far as EV's go, it's not that hard to get them, it's just a matter of it being a pain in the ass and tedious to get the ones you want. IV's on the other hand can kiss my obsessive ass.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #132 on: 07 May 2007, 22:52 »

The point is, I am not interested in monitoring every battle my Pokemon ever get in. As such EV/IV are of no interest to me.

ackblom12

« Reply #133 on: 07 May 2007, 23:18 »

Completely understandable, I'm just going to end up wasting a stupid amount of my life in this game.  :-P

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #134 on: 08 May 2007, 14:34 »

Yeah guys, I'm gonna be blunt: all the 'Red/Blue were the only REAL Pokemon games' stuff is bullshit. More Pokemon, more moves, and more types just means added layers of strategy which makes the games better for everyone. Besides, Psychic types were way overpowered in Red/Blue because the only Ghost types in the game were also Poison subtype and thus were vulnerable to Psychic attacks anyway, and because there were no very powerful bug type moves in Red and Blue. The only problems I have with Diamond/Pearl are that A) it's impossible to complete the Pokedex unless you've purchased every Pokemon game that has come out on the GBA or are willing to do an assload of trading to get the ones you're missing, and B) the event Pokemon. That being said, if I get a chance to go to a Nintendo event I will totally bring my copy of Diamond with me. Hopefully E for All will count because I want to go to that anyway.

This isn't really the point I was going for.  I'm totally not one of those "they're the only REAL games" kind of guys, but they were the only ones I planned on buying for myself.  The only reason I have Gold is because my neighbor gave me an extra copy he had.  He got Crystal, so he gave me Gold and another friend got his Silver.  After I beat Gold I stoppaed caring for like 5 years, and now things are so different it's just ridiculous to me.  "S all.  I don't really have a problem with them, per se, they're just advanced as fuck compared to Blue and Gold, my two.  Also I don't have a DS.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #135 on: 12 May 2007, 17:25 »

Finally got my friend code!

Version: Diamond
Trainer Name: Bryan
Friend Code: 4854 3097 4916

Ally

« Reply #136 on: 13 May 2007, 07:37 »

Storm, sorry we couldn't trade last night. I unexpectedly fell asleep at 9 PM. Actually, considering how much I slept last week, it wasn't really that unexpected.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #137 on: 13 May 2007, 10:03 »

No problem! If you're available in the next couple hours, I'll still be here, but if not, next time you're available I'll run down to a wifi station real fast and steal theirs.

Choco

« Reply #138 on: 17 May 2007, 02:57 »

So I got Pearl about 2 weeks ago, and restarted until I got a Mild natured Piplup. Now I'm in the north east island going up to Stark Mountain. About 57 hours clocked, 5 of which were used to breed Eevees to get a Hasty and Mild nature. I luckily got a female on a restart.

So.. As of now, my lineup:

L62 Empoleon
L60 Palkia
L60 Staraptor
L74 Heatran [Friend gave it to me before I did E4]
L46 Jolteon [Hasty nature ftw.]
L53 Alakzam.
L16 Bibarel for my HM whore.

I spent at least 5 hours EV training my Jolteon. It now has 172 speed at the moment at 46. Pretty good times. Some people may criticize me for using Palkia, but he's pretty decent, and I nature farmed him to get a Mild. His Special Attack is crazy as of right now. He dies way too fast, though.  Heatran is a great tank, but I could use a better fire Pokemon. I do have an Infernape, but it just has too many weaknesses. Anyways...

Version: Pearl
Trainer Name: Raisa
FC: 0731 1297 7421

PM me if you ever want to battle or trade or something.
« Last Edit: 17 May 2007, 03:00 by Choco »

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #139 on: 17 May 2007, 19:21 »

OK guys, if you let me know ahead of time and give me your friend code, I am open for trades. I reeeeally need a few Water Stones, a Dusk Stone, and a King's Rock if anybody has one. Also, if anybody with Pearl has the Poke Radar, I could also use a Slowpoke or a Bagon.

I can produce the following (with a bit of time):

Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Piplup, Geodude, Wingull, Sneasel, Zigzagoon, Shinx, Chatot, Zubat, Mareep, Gible, Poliwag, Gastly, Eevee, Happiny, Drifloon, Larvitar, Snubbull, Spiritomb, Ponyta, Aerodactyl, Bidoof, Wooper, Murkrow, Shuppet, Riolu, Skarmory, Porygon, Growlithe, Glameow, Ralts, Stunky, Cranidos, Dratini, Abra, Wailmer, Pachirisu, Lileep, Mankey, Rattata, Bronzor, Barboach, Girafarig, Budew, Magikarp, Spoink, Staryu, Meditite, Tyrogue, Elekid, Skorupi, Weedle, Azurill, Psyduck, Hoothoot, Starly, Kabuto, Cleffa, Snover, Bellsprout, Oddish, Kricketot, Goldeen, Caterpie, Spearow, Bonsly, Machop, Anorith, Slakoth, Phanpy.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #140 on: 25 May 2007, 17:05 »

I now have Diamond! I have only played it for a few hours so far and have not yet got any badges. Lineup so far is:

Bidoof - Level 4
Shinx - Level 5
Abra - Level 5
Chimchar - Level 10
Starly - Level 10
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

Demonic Angel

• Plantmonster
« Reply #141 on: 27 May 2007, 21:11 »

As soon as Buizel shows up, dump Bidoof for it, beavers of smiles may be cool but otters are made of sheer win right next to starter bird with intimidate.

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #142 on: 30 May 2007, 06:12 »

I'm playing this game on a emluator to see if it's worth getting a DS and pearl. So many glitches, but the clear worst one is that I can no longer change pokemon in the box so I have to go through the game with the pokemon I have on me.  :x so very frustrating.

Anyway so far I like the game, though I'm dissapointed with the selection of pokemon available before the e4 i mean only one nonstarter fire pokemon, and ponyta at that, though I suppose it's one of the few that dosen't have a terrible weekness to water that  doesn't need a fire stone to evolve. exept houndoor. Why can no game give you a houndoor early, no game has yet let you catch one before the E4. Also why can't Nintendo make a Electirc/anything I mean apart from flying (which is a lengendary, making it scummy) steel (which can't learn any steel moves) and water there is no combo electric. I mean is it that hard to make a /dark or /fighting or even /bug.

question can you catch laparas in this game, laparas kicked major arse. 
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

TrueNeutral

« Reply #143 on: 30 May 2007, 09:23 »

You must have a horrid emulator. Then again, all DS emulators are horrid.

Also, Serebii.net says: Lapras is available on victory road, where they are uncommon.

I played for a second on an emulator, and it played slow whenever I got outside. I dug it though, and I am fo sho getting it when it comes out in my backwater country. I am currently going through my copy of Fire Red, though. I have a pretty good line-up, but I need a water pokémon. Sadly, the only one I like available is Gyarados, and I ALWAYS have Gyarados. So, I'm waiting until I get something else I dig. I figure I'm gonna go for Kingler or Cloyster, 'cause I dig those.

greenMonkey

• The Tickler
  • WOO
« Reply #144 on: 30 May 2007, 19:16 »

When school gets out next week I plan on breaking out my Blue.  I believe I only have to train up and then beat the Elite Four.  Hopefully I will get my friends together and we will battle old school style with a LINK CABLE.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #145 on: 30 May 2007, 20:05 »

Are you living in the fucking Stone Age or something, man?

Ally

« Reply #146 on: 30 May 2007, 20:27 »

My friend is replaying Red and naming her Pokemon after literary characters (her Charmander is named Gatsby) but she couldn't remember the name of the guy in Death of a Salesman so her Caterpie is just named Salesman.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #147 on: 30 May 2007, 21:15 »

Willy Loman. Duh.

Thy Dungeonman

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #148 on: 30 May 2007, 21:27 »

My Red/Blue versions are so old that they don't even save anymore. In fact, any pokemans game before Crystal I have doesn't save.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #149 on: 31 May 2007, 15:06 »

actually Shawn Handyside said that one, dude.

it was a guest comic from Staccato.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up