THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 07:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi ya'll, Musicality time?  (Read 2629 times)

Zadorzky

Hi ya'll, Musicality time?
« on: 19 Mar 2007, 19:37 »

Hey everybody, I'm new to this forums and though I swear to god I saw a "If you're new, post here" thread, but I haven't been able to find it since activation  :?

Anyway, I'd like to share a few of my favorite bands with the community, since this is in fact the Music Topic area.

Here goes:

Poets of the Fall       www.poetsofthefall.com

Finnish band that somehow manages to sing in perfect non-accented English.  They are quite diverse in their songs and I can't honestly give a specific Genre for them, seems like it ranges from Light Rock to Country to Almost techno-rockish.  I haven't yet found a song I dislike, though my personal favorites are "lift", "Sleep", and "Late Goodbye".  (If you have played Max Payne 2 all the way through Late Goodbye is the song at the end of the Credits I believe)

Stabilo

Just overall goodness, real light and easy to listen to without having to worry about concentrating too hard.  "Flawed Design" and "Don't Look In Their Eyes" are especially good.

Sugarcult

More hard-rock and mainstream, still, though are quite good in their own right.  Somewhat Hit and Miss occasionally though.  Personal faves are "Out of Phase", "Los Angeles", "Pretty Girl".

The Rasmus

Extremely hit or miss.  What they do well is really done well.  What they dont do so well is somewhat lacking.  "Keep Your Heart Broken", "No Fear"

Idle Sons

Hard Rock.  Tough to describe other than Pretty Good.  "Waiting around" is a must-hear

That's about it for now, just wanted to post these up in the hopes that someone else will like the same music as I, and z0mg-Internet-Speakings will result.

From your friendly neighborhood Ukrainian.

Zadorzky

Re: Hi ya'll, Musicality time?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Mar 2007, 20:20 »

Welcome to the forum, Sir.
There is an 'Hi, I'm New' Forum but I wouldn't worry too much.

I'm not familiar with any of those bands I'm afraid!

Hehe, well you can sample some of their stuff on their respective websites, and if all else fails, you can AIM me @ "necro milk 1990" and we'll see if I can addict you  :evil:

Ernest

• Scrabble hacker
  • Buy my book!
« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2007, 07:35 »

Hi, Zadorzky, let me introduce you to PRIMUShttp://www.primusville.com/
Where I come from, we usually just shorten that to "yee-haw!"

amok

• Duck attack survivor
  • low AI ketamine android
« Reply #3 on: 20 Mar 2007, 08:24 »

Poets of the Fall are fuckin' wicked. You're right about the non-accented bit, I would never have guessed they were from Finland...

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #4 on: 20 Mar 2007, 11:12 »

Sugarcult

Shitty pop-punk bands are a dime a dozen these days, but Sugarcult are a better one. They're a great live act, and they also have two bona fide great songs in 'Bouncing Off The Walls' and particularly 'Pretty Girl,' which is one of the best songs pop-punk has produced, mainly because it blends in reggae and allsorts without turning into ska.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #5 on: 20 Mar 2007, 11:26 »

Man, I really liked the start of Lift but the vocals coming in dissapointed me. I don't really like how they tone down the music for the vocals. Hi!

Zadorzky

« Reply #6 on: 20 Mar 2007, 19:14 »

I somewhat agree, the guitar and instrumental parts of Lift are superior to the Lyrics.

Still, I thought the Lyrics weren't bad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up