THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 00:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need a new DAP  (Read 2125 times)

Unosuke

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
I need a new DAP
« on: 19 Mar 2007, 20:17 »

The title pretty much sums it up. My iPod is 2 years old (doesn't even have a color screen), its scratched all to hell, and I just figure its time for a new one. I don't want another iPod, i kinda want to shake things up a bit. I want something that 20+ gigs. I'm actually kind of leaning closer to the Zune (i know, I'm scared too). But ya, if anyone has a reccomendation, go for it. I know theres Creative Zen vision M, but Zune has a bigger screen.
Jeph: I think I like drunken baking. It has a sense of danger that you just don't get when you're sober.

nihilist

Re: I need a new DAP
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2007, 20:31 »

If you want to watch stuff, the Zune is pretty good.  If you just want a small awesome portable player, look at the Sansa e280.

no one special

• Curry sauce
  • I been rockin' this brainslug since I was like, 5.
« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2007, 06:22 »

Yeah, I'm deciding between those two too.  I was all set and ready to go for the Zen Vision M - until I saw the Zune's screen.  Wow.  Huge screen, and crisp picture too.

The problem is, I like everything else better on the Zen Vision M.  No Microsoft software to deal with, easier access to more file types, better interface (in my opinion) - but that screen...   *sigh*

If you can live without the screen, go with the Zen Vision M.  Without the screen to take into account, it's a no-brainer.  Zen is better in every other way.
Quote from: Kai
if I was making music I would want to be able to eat. If you download it, at least like, make me a fucking sandwich or send me some pop tarts or something.

lb969

« Reply #3 on: 23 Mar 2007, 15:38 »

Creative also makes the Zen Vision W.

The Vision M is a nice player. Its extra functions are excellent, and you can allocate space and use it like a portable hard drive. The W also has a CF reader. (the M lacks that, atleast on my 60GB.)

The M has a 2.5" HD-LCD where as the W has a 4.3" 16:9 widescreen.  The origional Vision has a  3.7? LCD.

Resolution:

Vision: 640 x 480 VGA

Vision M: 320 x 240 HD-LCD

Vision W: 480 x 272 LCD

The Vision is available in 30GB, the M and W come in both 30 and 60GB versions.

Zunes suck. The Wifi thing drains your batter in nothing flat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up