THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 27 Apr 2024, 15:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uplink, heard of it?  (Read 2745 times)

Desmonkey

Uplink, heard of it?
« on: 05 Apr 2007, 10:20 »

i recently found a game called Uplink, Hacker Elite.
you guyshave to try it, it's the best game ever made.

you are a hacker and you do what hackers do best. steal, destroy, impersonate and generally ruin somebodies life... it's great fun! :-o

J_Saunders

Re: Uplink, heard of it?
« Reply #1 on: 05 Apr 2007, 16:52 »

I just downloaded the demo. Turns out that this was made by the same people who made Darwinia! Though Darwinia was better, I am somewhat hooked at the moment.

Desmonkey

« Reply #2 on: 06 Apr 2007, 00:33 »

i've never actually played Darwinia, but i also have the demo of Defcon. defcon is great, but its mostly multi player 'coz the ai players school me every time. 
what other "small" games do you know about?

J_Saunders

« Reply #3 on: 06 Apr 2007, 02:35 »

Oh, not many... I do not find it as easy to keep up with indie anything as most people here. But there is a cool game called Plasma Pong that is free to download. Lots of pretty colors, and a physics testing sandbox mode that I spent hours messing around in.

As for Darwinia, look for a demo of it! It really is one of the coolest games ever made.

Oh, I found links to these 2 games.

http://www.plasmapong.com/
http://www.darwinia.co.uk/

Desmonkey

« Reply #4 on: 06 Apr 2007, 10:51 »

plasma pong is pretty cool, thanks for showing it to me. What's your highest score?

i live in South Africa, the land of slow, capped Internet, so i haven't tried Darwinia yet, but i definitely will within the next week or two. i just need to be a bit conservative with my Internet usage.

you should also look out for a game called Wingnuts. it's simple, but great fun.

J_Saunders

« Reply #5 on: 07 Apr 2007, 02:51 »

I have not had a chance to try Wingnuts yet, but I will within the next few days. As for my high score in Plasma pong, I managed level 31 at some point. But I have messed with the sandbox more than the 1 player game...

Desmonkey

« Reply #6 on: 07 Apr 2007, 05:12 »

Damn! your 31 puts my 18 to shame. problem is, I've been too busy playing Uplink and Defcon to get good at plasma pong.
Small free ware games are awesome!

what "big games" do you play?
i mostly play Tactical games, like Full Spectrum Warrior and splinter cell, and RPG's, like Neverwinter Nights and KOTOR.

J_Saunders

« Reply #7 on: 07 Apr 2007, 19:23 »

I do not play a ton of video games, but my favorites are the quick to learn multi-player ones like Guitar Hero, or nearly any arcade game that uses a light gun. I really liked the police trainer and point blank games. I can get into some of the more complex single player games if they are good, but not often. I do love the C&C games, and I have played ff7-10. Splinter Cell was not bad, but I wished it were a little faster paced. Front Mission 3 was probably my favorite single player game. I did play WoW as a PvP Feral druid, but it got dull after they released the new talents before the expansion.

Edit: I thought of another game you may like that is free. Scorched Earth 3D.
http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/
« Last Edit: 07 Apr 2007, 20:45 by J_Saunders »
Pages: [1]   Go Up