Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: papier  (Read 2956 times)

grrraham

papier
« on: 26 Mar 2007, 03:00 »

holy shit, I realized today just how much better comics or art or anything looks on paper than on a computer screen.

Pixels are so awful.

I can't believe how lazily I've been looking at things for so long not to notice this sooner?

I can't believe web cartoonists who presumably put some care and attention into their creation could ever be content at all with their audience only seeing their work via a flickering screen.

Shishio

Re: papier
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2007, 13:35 »

Personally, I don't notice much of a difference as far as appearance is concerned.  Maybe you just have a shitty monitor?

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2007, 09:44 »

No, there definitely is something. Paper is a much more satisfying medium visually, I find things invariably look better if they are physical rather than just an image on a screen.

RefinedxCorrupt

« Reply #3 on: 05 Apr 2007, 06:23 »

I find it hell of a lot easier to draw on paper than with my tablet.  I try time and time again to get the hang of it, considering I've had my tablet for several months now.  And what I can do with a tablet isn't necessarily bad, but I find when I'm drawing on paper I have a lot more control of my pencil/pen.  I guess for me, my art looks better on paper because I'm more accustomed to paper, rather than digital mediums.

jarska

« Reply #4 on: 05 Apr 2007, 06:31 »

I find it hell of a lot easier to draw on paper than with my tablet.  I try time and time again to get the hang of it, considering I've had my tablet for several months now.  And what I can do with a tablet isn't necessarily bad, but I find when I'm drawing on paper I have a lot more control of my pencil/pen.  I guess for me, my art looks better on paper because I'm more accustomed to paper, rather than digital mediums.

I'd think, an LCD with pad/pen function would be the optimal merging of digital and, eh, analogue art... You'd be actually drawing on the picture, instead of a detached pad.

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #5 on: 05 Apr 2007, 18:34 »

I don't know. I've got a Chugworth book, and I think the comics look so much nicer on screen than they do on paper. That is the thing about digital drawing: it is made of pixels, and no matter how well it is printed it will still look pixelly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up