THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 21:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cloud Cult  (Read 2357 times)

asyluman

Cloud Cult
« on: 29 Mar 2007, 18:52 »

Does anybody else out there think they are seriously amazing?

I think one of the best bands around.

crotch_lobster

Re: Cloud Cult
« Reply #1 on: 02 Apr 2007, 07:09 »

Wow! I came upon this thread just as I was listening to Happy Hippo! That was the first Cloud Cult song I ever heard, I saw it on Napster (new one, not the old one) and had to give a song with a name like that a try. It's got just enough electronic stuff to satisfy both of my music sensibilities (rock with solid vocals and electronic blippy bloopy stuff). So naturally from there I listened to the whole cd (Advice from the Happy Hippopotamus) and really enjoyed it! Moving to Canada, Living on the Outside of Your Skin, and Car Crash are others that stood out to me.

For any Princess Bride fans (gotta be a few here!) you have to check out the song "Princess Bride" off of Aurora Borealis, it uses samples from the movie in a pretty cool sounding way.

I'm psyched for when they go on tour in April, I seem to remember they're going to pop up somewhere in boston (middle east maybe?) in April/May.

asyluman

« Reply #2 on: 02 Apr 2007, 08:44 »

Yeah they're gonna be at the Middle East on April 13.

And they still don't have a Philly show.  Bleh.

samoasneoartform

« Reply #3 on: 10 Apr 2007, 18:06 »

a friend of mine loves them

crotch_lobster

« Reply #4 on: 13 Apr 2007, 08:47 »

Now that I've listened to "The Meaning of 8" all the way through I'm pretty excited to see them tonight, whether they play anything off of "Advice from the Happy Hippopotamus" or not. Its not my favorite stuff by them but it sounds like it'll be a fun show for sure

If anyone's going, I'll be in the black At The Drive-In shirt (probably the only one there I'd assume), Indietits be damned!

Never been to the Upstairs at the Middle East either, perhaps I'll actually try the food there for once like I've been meaning to for a while.

BrittanyMarie

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2007, 15:17 »

I get to see them on the 22nd and I am pretty pumped.
What about orgasmic chemistry.

I can expand the definition of that if anyone wants to roll around to my Fortress of Love.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #6 on: 25 Apr 2007, 23:32 »

They had an incredibly well received show at Mercury Lounge in Manhattan.  That being said, although I like Meaning of 8 I don't see anything distinguishing about the band that will give them a shot at the kind of blogosphere hype that benefited say The Arcade Fire, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, or Beirut.

crotch_lobster

« Reply #7 on: 26 Apr 2007, 08:03 »

The Boston show was excellent. They played Happy Hippo and it was total. auditory. sex.

I love how the painters are really fun to watch, they're in sync the whole time, they paint on each other's canvases, and the finished products are very different.

I wanted to buy one for my new apartment, but I was about $230 short (they both went for around that much)

And damn Craig is a charismatic guy, the bassist was really fun to watch as well.
« Last Edit: 26 Apr 2007, 08:07 by crotch_lobster »
Pages: [1]   Go Up