THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 10:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo tales is out.  (Read 2138 times)

Manix

• Balloon animal serial killer
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo tales is out.
« on: 06 Apr 2007, 18:23 »

Has anyone here played this game yet? It is pretty dang interesting sofar. You play as that erstwhile FF mascot the Chocobo. In it you go through various storybook in order to rescue your trapped chocobo friends. Each one of the books is based on a classic fairytale (The tortoise and the hair, the Ugly Duckling, and Jack and the beanstalk are all examples) Plus there's the card battle system you use whenever a boss shows up. I won't spoil anything abou tit, but it is different from other card based battle systems. Of course, it's all very cute, as you can tell just by looking at the cover.

There are some parts that are both fun, but also a bit frustrating, especially with some of the goals you need to reach in the book's minigames (which take up a large part of the game, and are part of the story). But it is fun.

MadOvid

Re: Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo tales is out.
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2007, 02:59 »

It's alright I guess. The art is decent and some of the mini-games are fun. But its more of a game for kids than anything else.

MattBurns

« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2007, 06:15 »

Is it too hard for a 5 year old?

MadOvid

« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2007, 13:52 »

There's a rhythm game in it that's giving me a hard time. But I suck at rhythm games. Other than that I think it would be a perfect game for a young child. It depends on how techno-savy the five year old is. But it has some good basic morals worked into the storylines and most of the games are fairly easy to figure out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up