THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 02:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mascot Costumes  (Read 7123 times)

Splintered1

Mascot Costumes
« on: 08 Apr 2007, 21:04 »

I design Mascot costumes.  Yeah, the big goofy ones at sport venues.  It's part of my "day job".  I am the art director/lead designer for Alinco Costumes.  I design and draw the costume, then work with a team of designers to build each costume.  It's a whole lot artsy and pretty darn crafty, so I though I would mention it. 

Kevin Wasden
www.splintered-mind.com

J_Saunders

Re: Mascot Costumes
« Reply #1 on: 09 Apr 2007, 03:10 »

The Pirate Captain one is really well done.  I also like the lion one. Though I would assume far less detail is necessary to pull off an animal than an outfit, I still love it!
« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2007, 00:26 by J_Saunders »

Barmymoo

• Mentat
« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2007, 06:04 »

That is such a fantastic job  :-o I know what I'll be discussing at my next career meeting!

Although to be honest, I do not have a monkey's chance in the ocean of doing anything that involves the ability to draw or create something. Other than music, or words strung together in a way that resonates pleasantly in the brain.

Not that I'm doing much of that at the moment.

Anyway, I admire you immensely for being abot to create such an amazing lion suit.
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."

cohen76

« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2009, 05:56 »

I design Mascot costumes.  Yeah, the big goofy ones at sport venues.  It's part of my "day job".  I am the art director/lead designer for Alinco Costumes.  I design and draw the costume, then work with a team of designers to build each costume.  It's a whole lot artsy and pretty darn crafty, so I though I would mention it. 

Hey,

I love various funny mascot characters and I think Mascot costumes design is really a great and interesting job.

Keep up the good job.

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2009, 06:23 »

FURRIES
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Jerry Kipler

• Notorious N.U.R.R.
« Reply #5 on: 16 Jun 2009, 13:24 »

Hey that's cool that you are able to do that.  I once helped my kid design and build an Optimus Prime Halloween costume out of milk cartons.  We spray painted it and everything and all sorts of stuff.  He was really excited about it.  I don't think he'd ever want to do it for a living though.  Designing mascot costumes?  Hmm, I would have to ask him, cause he had a blast doing his own.

phooey

• FIGHT YOU
  • prisencolinensinainciusol
« Reply #6 on: 16 Jun 2009, 18:57 »

How are spammers from a 'bestmascots.com' finding this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up