THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 12:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the first game you played?  (Read 18468 times)

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
Re: What's the first game you played?
« Reply #50 on: 08 Mar 2007, 17:37 »

Altered Beast, on Sega.
DAMN...my brother and I never beat it, either...

Have you played the arcade-stand-up-type version of Altered Beast? HELL OF awesome, right there.

Oooh. Paperboy. Hours of entertainment, right there.

win.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Dimsey

« Reply #51 on: 13 Mar 2007, 22:26 »

The first game I actually played would've been Alex The Kidd.
We briefly borrowed a master system and it was in built.. So yeah.

The first game I really played, seeing as I actually owned it and didnt have to return it or anything was Super Mario/Duckhunt on the same cart.
Was awesome.

dps

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #52 on: 14 Mar 2007, 15:52 »

First video game I played was Pong, on the original Atari.  Yes, I am that old.

First computer game I played was some space invasion game that didn't actually take place in space.  Basically, Earth and some alien planet were at war, and all the action took place on one of the two planets.  Can't remember offhand what the name of the game was. 

mentospleen

« Reply #53 on: 18 Mar 2007, 00:49 »

I remember that my brother had something that I believe was a nes and he had the ground pad.  It looked like something between twister and DDR and it attached to the system.  You had to jump up and down and in different directions to play.  I think their were alligators and I think their was also track and field.  I have to admit that I can only barely remember a screen with alligators on it, and i am not sure if i was playing.  I know that the first game i remember playing was either that stupid space invaders game on the gameboy or super nintendo with the whole mario bros set.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #54 on: 22 Mar 2007, 13:56 »

super nintendo with the whole mario bros set.

Super Mario All-Stars is the shit.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #55 on: 22 Mar 2007, 18:11 »

It was Frog Bog.

Thank you, Crave.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

camelpimp

« Reply #56 on: 22 Mar 2007, 18:50 »

I've been playing video games from since before I can remember (which, to be fair, isn't that far back). The first game I remember playing and having a real impression on my is FF2 (okay, FF4, but at the time it was FF2). I always watched RGPs being played, but I never played them myself, so actually playing it was memorable. It also turned me on to RPGs. (Then, not too long after, I played Lunar, the orignial Sega CD version, and I was sucked in! I couldn't fight it)

Janny

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #57 on: 22 Mar 2007, 23:56 »

The first game I ever played was that classic game with the little spheres on the board, and you're supposed to make 5 in a line etc. (I've forgotten the game's name :oops:)

But the first real 3-D game is Tomb Raider 2 (which I still love to this day very much).

The Cosmic Fool

« Reply #58 on: 23 Mar 2007, 01:14 »

Donkey Kong Country. It was a good start to a neverending addiction.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #59 on: 25 Mar 2007, 14:30 »

Hey, speaking of Final Fantasy, I just got a ROM for my SNES emulator called "Final Fantasy - Mystic Quest."

Is this actually the first FF game, or just something completely different with a similar name?

EDIT: To keep things semi-on topic, another early one was Duck Hunt.

the_tard

« Reply #60 on: 26 Mar 2007, 18:38 »

Wow, I am seeing alot of Duck Hunt and Mario Bros! I remember way back when my babysitter had that. Also, I saw that Mystic Quest thing back when I was a ROM fanatic.  I am under the impression that it is something completely different because... well... it was completely different from the other FF's I remember. I got through the first forest type place and got bored.

Stryc9Fuego

• 1-800-SCABIES
  • Qualified Awesomeologist
« Reply #61 on: 02 Apr 2007, 08:15 »

Gonna have to join the old-skool lineup and say pong. Not the bright yellow coin-op stand up, but a home console. It had about 6 versions of pong on it, and it was fun. Then my parents got a 2600, and that was it. Goodbye sunshine, hello video games.

BostonTentacleParty

« Reply #62 on: 02 Apr 2007, 09:29 »

Super Mario Brothers, on my grandmother's NES. I was but a wee lad of 3.

heyboygetasweater

« Reply #63 on: 02 Apr 2007, 11:20 »

first game i can remember playing was Zelda: a link to the past

BillAdama

« Reply #64 on: 04 Apr 2007, 17:20 »

The first video game I played was some kind of hockey game on NES.

It was at a friend's house and I sucked.  But that set into motion the chain of events that led to me pestering my parents into letting me get a Nintendo.

quanticle

« Reply #65 on: 04 Apr 2007, 19:33 »

Seriously though mine was PROBABLY Sonic The Hedgehog 2.

Heck yea!!  Reading the thread until now made me think that I was the only other Sega lover out there.

the_tard

« Reply #66 on: 06 Apr 2007, 22:40 »

The genesis was my first console other than a compy with dos. It came with Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Taz: Escape From Mars.

linkstarwind1

« Reply #67 on: 09 Apr 2007, 23:12 »

Wow, as opposed to many here this whole thread is making me feel really young... my first video game was Zelda: Ocarina of Time,and I was like 7. From there I back tracked to SNES and NES. Now I'm a Zelda addict, and such a Nintendo fangirl, lol.

Zoe_Gurl

« Reply #68 on: 10 Apr 2007, 08:18 »

Hm, hard question.... I know the consol was an Atari ST. This thing fucking rocked... Just too much fun. ^_^

First few games: Boston Bomb Club, Indiana Jones, Hudson Hawk! I have to find one of these on ebay or something. I think i would drown in my reminissing.

HardWearJunkie

« Reply #69 on: 10 Apr 2007, 18:02 »

Atari 2700: Pac-Man with its clunky audio. Space invaders where the last alien didn't really move that fast.
Nintendo: Super Mario Bros. Gradius. (Up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-B+A-start saved my sanity.)

--HardWearJunkie
« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2007, 18:04 by HardWearJunkie »

BisCoctum

« Reply #70 on: 11 Apr 2007, 00:37 »

The original Commander Keen up until they released Keen Dreams I was addicted to those games as a kid. Also Space Quest was another one of the first I remeber.

Mr_Seth

« Reply #71 on: 12 Apr 2007, 07:53 »

EVER?

I dunno. It was a racing game on my parents' Atari VCS. That's the 2600 before they called it 2600, for you whippersnappers.

The first that I can remember playing avidly was "Castle Adventure" at the age of 6. It was an ascii-art adventure game where you were locked in a castle with demons, ogres, giant spiders and the like and had to find out how to get home. It took me months to figure it out... and I never did win the second way. You would also win if you got EVERY SINGLE piece of treasure and put it all in one room. Anyone remember that one?

Desmonkey

« Reply #72 on: 12 Apr 2007, 09:26 »

Tetris, I remember it like it was yesterday...

i was only 6 and my brother made a deal that if i could make 30 lines in tetris on the NES (in just 5 attempts), then he'd give me his gameboy.

he still says it was the biggest mistake he ever made. :-D

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #73 on: 13 Apr 2007, 07:47 »

I'm not sure which is literally the first. The earliest I can think of is Wizard of Wor, but I'm pretty sure I've played other games before that even. That was at a friend's house on his Atari, but I'm guessing the first videogame I ever played was in Korea at an arcade, so maybe Space Invaders.

The first Nintendo game I ever played?

Metal Gear

f'real yo
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up