THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 01:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about Adobe Audition  (Read 2090 times)

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook
Question about Adobe Audition
« on: 19 Apr 2007, 12:23 »

Someone suggested it earlier, so I thought I'd try it out. I downloaded the trial version of it (which may be my problem). The problem is, I can access all the music that was on my computer before iTunes, but none of the music I've uploaded since iTunes was installed. Is there some kind of format issue I should be aware of? What should I do to fix this? Thanks, guys.

IronOxide

• Scrabble hacker
Re: Question about Adobe Audition
« Reply #1 on: 19 Apr 2007, 14:51 »

You are probably importing your songs into M4A format from iTunes

And nothing likes M4A.
Quote from: Wikipedia on Elephant Polo
No matches have been played since February 2007, however, when an elephant, protesting a bad call by the referee, went on a rampage during a game, injuring two players and destroying the Spanish team's minibus

Will

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Creeeeeeeepy bear HEARTS YOU!!!
    • William James (author page)
« Reply #2 on: 19 Apr 2007, 15:07 »

Correct. Adobe HATES m4a. There are plugins that exist to allow Audition to convert them, but I myself have not had any success thus far in doing so.
Quote from: JohhnyC
In grade six one of my classmates during sex ed asked if the penis could be broken. The teacher's response was "Not in the same way you'd break a bone. I still wouldn't take a hammer to it or anything."

fish across face

• The German Chancellory building
  • Fugu, I won't do what you tell me.
« Reply #3 on: 19 Apr 2007, 23:55 »

If you have the original media you made M4A files from, I'd recommend ripping the files again rather than transcoding (i.e. going from one compressed format to another).

Also, if you don't like stealing from software designers and think Audition's really expensive you could try Audacity.  It's not as full-featured but ... "fucking whatever bro" is, I think, the appropriate phrase.
Pages: [1]   Go Up