THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 03:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Life On Mars Series 2  (Read 5956 times)

Mark7

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • My sandbox is crunchy
    • My Music
Life On Mars Series 2
« on: 14 Feb 2007, 12:33 »

Started last night with two fine episodes (the first on BBC1 and the second on BBC4).  The first episode added new depth to the mystery of what exactly is happening to Sam Tyler and a twist at the end that brings into question the "he's just in a coma" thesis.  The second was more straightforward and featured a great performance from guest star Kevin McNally.  Though Marc Warren and Yasmin Bannerman also did good work in episode 1.

Anyone else see it?
« Last Edit: 15 Feb 2007, 05:22 by Mark7 »
Will be at your local record store this Friday handing out the hot dickings

Utopian

Re: Life On Mars Series 2
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2007, 04:26 »

Marc Warren in is a god, and virtually unrecognisable every time I see him.

And yes, I made sure I watched the first episode (had to go to work early the next day so skipped the second one on BBC4). I reckon series 1 was the best thing I saw on telly all last year so I hope this one matches it - so far so good, if a little heavy on the morality.

The Sam and WPC Cartwright will they/won't they thing is probably the main reason I'm watching it right now. Didn't he have a fiance/long-term girlfriend back in 2006? I don't know what'll come of that if/when he wakes up and I find the idea that he's falling for a figment of his imagination interesting.

Hugely entertaining all round :)

Enie

« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2007, 04:55 »

Ooh! Ooh!

I shamefully didn't watch all the episode in series one, but I did however watch both episodes on...
whenever they were on. It was very good, although I didn't realise it was a new series and I thought he was gonna wake up.
I really do like it though, I think the best actor would be the boss of Sam, Gene Hunt,  he's godamned funny.

This is good TV, so much for Big Brother, ucck I hate that programme with a vegance of a thousand...souls.

Yakob

« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2007, 06:21 »

IS THERE LIFE ON MAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRSSS

But seriously, what the hell are you guys talking about?

Mark7

• My sandbox is crunchy
    • My Music
« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2007, 06:31 »

It's a TV show about a cop from 2006 who gets injured in a hit and run and wakes up in 1973.

Yakob

« Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2007, 07:01 »

Oh.

thehoopiestfrood

« Reply #6 on: 15 Feb 2007, 14:03 »

I missed the first series but I very much enjoyed the first episode. I was going to watch the second one but my TV aerial crapped out on me. :(

MasterInquisitor

« Reply #7 on: 15 Feb 2007, 14:15 »

Oooh I loved the guy who plays Sam Tyler as mole in Wind in the Willows New Year special! I never really watched the first series, and Enie filled me in, but I managed to catch the end of the second episode of the second series after I did my homework. I'll try and be a good girl this time round and watch them all. Next one is tuesday people!

Enie: CBB would have been better if D. Tourette stayed in.

Mark7

• My sandbox is crunchy
    • My Music
« Reply #8 on: 15 Feb 2007, 14:28 »

Mole was played by Lee Ingleby, not John Simm.

Who wasn't even in it.

MasterInquisitor

« Reply #9 on: 15 Feb 2007, 14:31 »

My apologies. I was thus mislead by my mother, probably some conspiracy.

But it is seriously one of the best TV programmes around, even if I just catch snippets, and listen to it from the other room (Life on Mars, not Wind in the Willows).

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #10 on: 15 Feb 2007, 15:28 »

Yeah, I should watch this series more.

Utopian

« Reply #11 on: 16 Feb 2007, 05:12 »

Lee Ingleby played Vic Tyler, Sam's Dad. So your mum was close.

CBB this time was a bit rubbish, they're running out of ways to shake things up. Same goes for BB, sadly.

MasterInquisitor

« Reply #12 on: 16 Feb 2007, 05:35 »

Thanks Utopian, that whole kerfuffle got me a tad confused. I'm like the way they do the ads for it in the old-style 70's BBC ads. Next one 9pm Tues, I can't wait! :)

Utopian

« Reply #13 on: 16 Feb 2007, 11:54 »

I'd love to get my hands on one of the posters they have all over bus stops at the moment. Dead sexy. I'm looking forward to episode 2 more than anything outside my social calendar all next week.

Enie

« Reply #14 on: 16 Feb 2007, 12:10 »

Aftaft thaaf.
*slaps "master inquisitor"*

You conformist, Goat beard.

MasterInquisitor

« Reply #15 on: 16 Feb 2007, 14:31 »

Pfft.

*bitchslaps Enie*

If it wasn't for me you would never have even *known* about QC. So shut your face, bizatch.

Anyhow, the repeat of the BBC4 showing is on BBC1 on Tuesday at 9pm. For those of us in England: brilliant.
America: Can you get BBC 1?

Utopian

« Reply #16 on: 21 Feb 2007, 00:48 »

So, I think episode 2 was much better, I guess there was less in the way of cathing-up going on and more story. Episode 3 was also excellent.

Also, I'm pretty sure I read in the paper that series 2 is the last series. I like knowing we'll have a good solid conclusion.

thehoopiestfrood

« Reply #17 on: 22 Feb 2007, 14:16 »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the end of it. I heard one of the other guys in it though, on the radio, (Gene Hunt, I think) saying his character may be getting a spin-off series.

John Simm is going on to do something else, I've been told, but saying would involve spoiling this new things.

Yakob

« Reply #18 on: 22 Feb 2007, 14:18 »

You, madam, have an awesome screenname.

« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2007, 14:23 by Yakob »

Mark7

• My sandbox is crunchy
    • My Music
« Reply #19 on: 22 Feb 2007, 14:24 »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the end of it. I heard one of the other guys in it though, on the radio, (Gene Hunt, I think) saying his character may be getting a spin-off series.

John Simm is going on to do something else, I've been told, but saying would involve spoiling this new things.

Ooh ooh ooh... I know what it is, I know what it is

*Jumps up and down like an over-excited 5 year old*

thehoopiestfrood

« Reply #20 on: 22 Feb 2007, 14:40 »

I knew you would. :P

thehoopiestfrood

« Reply #21 on: 10 Apr 2007, 17:31 »

Bump.

So it's all over. Thoughts, feelings, comments? I've heard so many theories it's insane.

I think I need to watch it again, and also the first series which I've never seen.

I'm not entirely sure how they're going to work Ashes To Ashes.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
« Reply #22 on: 10 Apr 2007, 18:09 »

It's a TV show about a cop from 2006 who gets injured in a hit and run and wakes up in 1973.

No, seriously, what are you guys talking about??

Utopian

« Reply #23 on: 20 Apr 2007, 06:03 »

It was really fascinating. I don't really want to spoil anything for anonye who hasn't seen it but I found the ending deliciously unsatisfying, albeit a bit sudden. Not something I would have come up with myself, although I'm not really one for theories of where a TV series is headed - I just sit back and let it all wash over me!

Such a great series, one of my favourites ever, even. Really very inventive and I'll definitely get it on DVD if I can as it's probably something that you pick up on new aspects every time you watch. I particularly liked the way Sam was in some way involved in every scene. That gave me the impression that if wasn't there it wouldn't exist (yay Idealism). And I loved the mini rip-off of Camberwick Green!
Pages: [1]   Go Up