Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skins  (Read 3024 times)

JingleBunny

Skins
« on: 26 Apr 2007, 11:28 »

Anyone else on the forum a fan of Skins?
If so, who do you like, hate, and what do you think of the series one finale?

I love Cassie (hence icon) and Sid. Don't really hate anyone, but Tony's a bit of a bastard, and I LOVED the finale. So brilliant. I have their version of 'Wild World' downloaded on my iTunes.

Spinless

Re: Skins
« Reply #1 on: 26 Apr 2007, 12:23 »

There is so much television you could be watching that is better than skins! Probably.
I tried to like it, really. But I couldn't get behind any of the characters. They were so flat. I saw about three episodes, they seemed to focus more on a different character each week, but even with the added attention there was no character development. It was all walking teenage stereotypes.
The dialogue wasn't very good and the plots were engineered just to set the 'characters' up into awkward situations.
I've seen people laughing hysterically just talking about the show and I didn't understand at all.

That said, I think some of the younger actors did great jobs with what they were given and I hope they get to perform in a program that is much better than skins.

JingleBunny

« Reply #2 on: 26 Apr 2007, 12:55 »

Well, I suppose (like all TV shows), it's a matter of opinion. I do feel I got to know the characters better as the series went on, I found it funny and I thought the plots were interesting.
Still, I like to know other people's opinions, whether negative or positive.

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #3 on: 26 Apr 2007, 14:35 »

I watched all but the first episode. I disliked how, due to constant shifting on the main character, there was no real constant story to keep you interested, or caring about the characters. The only reason I actually watched the show, and this is no exaggeration, was the Cassie/Sid story, which got barely 2 minutes an episode. For some reason, I really liked Cassie and wanted to see her get with Sid.
The rest of the show wasn't bad, per se, it's just that there was very little reason to watch the program week to week.

JingleBunny

« Reply #4 on: 26 Apr 2007, 14:39 »

I liked the relationship between Maxxie and Anwar, that was cute.
And Chris was really amusing, too.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2007, 12:04 »

I despised this show on several levels.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

Spinless

« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2007, 08:39 »

DK, say why. I know it was terrible, but you have to tell us why. I know you're very capable of doing it,

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #7 on: 09 May 2007, 16:07 »

I think we can just let him off and pick some reasons from this big hat here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up