THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 04:26
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Model Kits  (Read 6146 times)

Tyrial

• Not quite a lurker
  • Resident Tripod Nut
Model Kits
« on: 29 Apr 2007, 02:07 »

Since I neither bake nor sew, I thought I'd start a crafts thread that I can actually participate in, the subject being any models you have crafted from kits, such as my Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker B fighter jet:

This one started life as Revell model kit, and is currently biggest and most detailed fighter jet model I have made. Hopefully later I'll take pictures of some of my other ones

Get posting!
"There ain't no nothing we can't love each other through" - Tripod

Thnikkaman

• Emoticontraindication
  • Owner of the Terrible Pun Racket
Re: Model Kits
« Reply #1 on: 29 Apr 2007, 03:09 »

Whoa, that is all kinds of awesome.

Here's two considerably-lesser-quality models that I constructed quite a few years ago:

P-38 Lightning

F-14 Tomcat:

I used to have a huge and awesome B-17 model too, but it got lost somehow.
Quote from: Eris (gabbly)
maybe I shouldn't have hit it

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2007, 05:15 »

Model kits woo!

I made a model once. Guess which one:

If you guessed the pink camaro, DUH.
I put so much effort into this to make it perfect, the boys were very impressed that my very first try with a model kit turned out so well. I used three-haired brushes and dry-brushing to get some of the details exact. I am good at fine detailing.

I was halfway through a silver 1st gen Camaro vert when we had to pack up and move, and I've not touched it since. It was going to be great though. I'd whited in the tyre lettering and everything.

Ballard

• Older than Moses
  • This is my happening and it freaks me out!
« Reply #3 on: 30 Apr 2007, 07:00 »

Those are all pretty sexy.

Nice job Lunchy! Maybe now you can make a life-sized version and travel the country feeding QCers your baked goods.
I'm like the boy who cried "you guys are faggots"

Kosh

• Not quite a lurker
    • The Life Effect
« Reply #4 on: 01 Aug 2007, 08:54 »

I really like those. The camo painting on the Sukhoi is really precise. The Tomcat, well, I've always loved that plane. And that Camaro, damn, I couldn't tell it from the other two in terms of detail (I assume the other ones are pre-completed models?).

Anyhow, I may post some of my work later. I haven't built a model kit in, phew, almost two years now. My chosen type, don't frown, are robot model kits, with a big focus on Gundam (but also others such as Mazinger and The Five Star Stories). The last model I finished, if anyone knows what I'm talking about, was the AMX-004 Qubeley (Blood Tear Custom)
we are the universe made manifest

Lunchbox

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Resident Beard Advisor
    • Tiger Darling
« Reply #5 on: 01 Aug 2007, 16:50 »

The other two were made by my little brother (Superbee) and my boyfriend (heavily customised racing Cuda).

deamoncow

« Reply #6 on: 05 Aug 2007, 11:30 »

I'll post my Warhammer 40k models when the damned photobucket site stops doing "maintenence on itself

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #7 on: 06 Aug 2007, 04:50 »

*High fives DC*

ZOMGSPACEMUHREENZ

Also, this one needs to be painted, but it, and my paint, are on the other side of the world. (the guns, and front armour are basically the result of some good oldfashioned hacksawing)

Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up