THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 10:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help configuring my router to be able to host in Warcraft 3  (Read 2735 times)

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy

Right, so I've tried everything I can think of doing while only half-knowing what I'm doing in the first place.

Basically the story it I've gotten tired of not being able to find any games on the Warcraft 3 servers other than the endless parade of DotA, so I would really, really like to host my own games, which would also make it easier for me and my friends online there to join up in the same game, because its pretty hit and miss.

I go into technical support at Blizzard and of course the exact question is there, and it tells me to allow port 6112 under port forwarding in my router. I know how to get into my router, how to get to these settings, but from there I'm stumped. There are a lot of options in there and I'm not sure where to start. We recently switched to Verizon for all of our services including internet, and its one of their routers, so its a bit different from what I'm used to. And I've tried everything I can think of, which is obviously not a whole lot since I have absolutely no knowledge on this subject beyond trial and error and what I've learned from another friend a while ago. Anyone know anything about how to resolve this or who maybe knows enough to talk me through some of this? I've been messing around in there for like an hour and a half (and I know enough to not fuck up any settings that are already there and if something doesn't work I immediately revert back to the way it was previously) and it has really made my day a miserable hellhole.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.

Reed

• Bling blang blong blung

This one is easy:

Portforward will have step-by-step (day-by-day!) directions based on your exact router model and everything
Quote from: meebo
[22:49] Quietus: I'm personally imagining a white supremacist locked in his basement, furtively listening to Parliament on headphones
[22:49] Quietus: "Oh, lawd, why must them coons rock me so"

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties

Make sure that NAT is supported and enabled on the router before hosting, too.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Yayniall

• Bling blang blong blung
  • ◔ ◡ ◔

Tried GGclient to find games?

Boro_Bandito

• William Gibson's Babydaddy

finally figured it out, was an issue with making my IP static.
Yeah, I mean, "I won't kill and eat you if you won't kill and eat me" is typically a ground rule for social groups.
Pages: [1]   Go Up