THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 02:25
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you get this as much as I am?  (Read 12381 times)

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
Re: Do you get this as much as I am?
« Reply #50 on: 05 May 2007, 22:26 »

The awesome thing about tapes is that with not much effort at all you can put anything you damn well want on them, then just tape over them when you want something else on there. Tapes are the most fun music format ever.

only issue here is that my tape player, when recording, only records through the left channel. the right channel is pretty much dead silence with the exception of a faint sound in the distance.

Basically I'm still stuck with the Misfits, Run DMC and a Cure remix album
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

*Sights*

• Larger than most fish
  • " "" "
« Reply #51 on: 06 May 2007, 01:10 »

Basically, yes, i do get this a lot. What really annoys me is that most of the people that tell me this are just falling prey to the "if it's indie, it is shitty disposable music" fashion, i'm positively sure they have never actually heard more than two songs by bands i like.

To be fair though, most of them listen to music i consider crappy anyways.

B!shop

« Reply #52 on: 06 May 2007, 01:24 »

As a side note - Keeping your music on when you are driving people somewhere is fine. Having it up stupidly loud isn't (in my opinion).

Mind you, this comes from the fact my Mum always refused to turn her music down. I had to get car rides with her for the better half of a year. I now for some reason have tinnitus and a lowered hearing in my left ear. *shrug*

jimbunny

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • I'll show you the life of the mind!
« Reply #53 on: 07 May 2007, 15:53 »

Wouldn't have happened if she'd been listening to M(ú)m.

...ok, so the joke doesn't really work now that accents actually show up.

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
« Reply #54 on: 07 May 2007, 17:10 »

I walk to work every day, which means i have to walk down the street that passes infront of my school.  This means i'll be walking along, when i am suddenly thrown from my feet into the front yard of a house, by somebody's bass as they drive by.  So when i get my lisence, i'm going to put all the hardcore punk and metal stuff i can find on my mp3 player, and blast it as loud as i can without blowing my already shitty sound system, and headbang when stopped.

This also means, when i can give people rides, they will be harassed with Bear vs. Shark or Alexisonfire, or whatever kind of stuff i could be liking at the moment, which varies too.  So they could be lucky and get some Sufjan or Broken Social Scene or Explosions in the Sky.  Because in my car it's, you listen to my music and quit your bitching, or you can walk your lethargic ass.

It's commonplace to have someone insult your music.  Hell, people do so to me every day.  My girlfriend hates most of my music, and it rather irritates me how she makes generalizations about it, then tells me not to make generalizations about the kind of stuff she listens to, or rap.  Also, most of my friends either listen to classic rock, or rap, or mainstream.  I do however have friends with good taste.

I'm really bad with this kind of thing, because, since i've started my account on these forums, i've developed a music Nazism complex sort of thing, so if anyone says my music sucks, without proper reasoning, then i will generally get kind of pissed.  So now, a couple of my friends say "X band that i listen to sucks.  Yeah, what now?" just to piss me off and see me rant.

SeanBateman

« Reply #55 on: 07 May 2007, 22:06 »

You guys are missing the basic principle of friendship here.

What you are like is not important.

Your worth as an individual and a human being is entirely determined by what you like.

I do not care if you fucking washed Mother Teresa's feet, if you're a Yellowcard fan you are still not someone I want to associate with. You make your bed when you buy your albums, and if you aren't willing to lie in it, well you shouldn't have sheets made up of Fall Out Boy Album Covers.

music fop

« Reply #56 on: 07 May 2007, 22:16 »

Dude, my friends and I, with our many and varied types of music, fight about music all the time.

Frankly, it's one of our favorite things to do.  (Myself and another friend being music majors probably helps with that...)

But the main point is, from my experience, friends like to give each other sh**.  I'm sure you can get 'em back with something
good, no?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up