Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: LOST  (Read 67321 times)

alongwaltz

LOST
« on: 05 May 2007, 13:44 »

What's going on?  What the hell is Jack hiding that he feels Kate isn't ready to hear yet, even though Juliet wanted to tell her?  Is Charlie really going to die?  What's with the rough initation rites to get into the Others?  Who did Cindy kill to join the club?  Is Richard Alpert really part of the alleged Others' rift or was he just part of Ben playing with Locke?  Do we finally meet Jacob next week?  Will Walt and Michael reappear before the end of the season?  What's Rousseau going to blow up?  Will we ever see Rose & Bernard again?  Whatever happened to Karl?

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
    • The Church of Boredom Forums!
Re: LOST
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2007, 22:18 »

I've been watching the show since the beginning.
I've always really liked it. A lot of suspense and cliff-hangers...

I don't like the negative press it's gotten since it went on hiatus. I think that's pretty ridiculous.

As for what's going on in the show, I assure you, no one has a clue XD

We'll probably see Walt and Michael again some time, unless some real-life issue had them leave the cast.

I'd like to know what's up with the polar bear, the giant statue with the weird feet, and the smoke monster.

If it ends up that they're all in Hell or purgatory or something, I'll be pissed. That seems like an easy way out.

On a personal note: I miss Echo. He was cool.

As for Jack... I think he's being really naive with Juliet, although we were lead to believe she was all right... so it's only natural that he does too. I just think he's being a little dumb spending all his time with her, and alienating all his friends... they don't even trust him anymore.

The whole thing with Charlie is weird. It seems like eventually he'll have to die... unless Desmond has to sacrifice himself for him or something. It'd better be for a really good reason.

I'm pretty sure the audience is supposed to feel "lost" while watching though. Constant mystery, and loose ends. Some people don't like that.. I personally don't mind.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

alongwaltz

« Reply #2 on: 06 May 2007, 08:03 »

Michael and Walt left in the season finale of last season.  So I expect them to show up in last or second-last episode of this season.  If they don't appear all season, people will be pissed.  You can't have two characters disappear in a boat for a month and not let us know what happened.

I've read that producers said in interviews that it is an island in our world in the ocean.  The rumors of it being hell or limbo or in a different time period or in a biodome for a reality show are all false.  They just tease those ideas occasionally.

I do think Juliet's playing Ben and she's going to turn around and help Jack and the castaways survive.  Her main desire is getting off the island.  Ben messed with her too many times.  He tells her she can't leave, tells her her sister's dying, shows her that she's better, then cuts off the feed abruptly, and tells her she can't go again.  Juliet hates him and she's just going along with him for the time being.

I'm thinking Charlie won't die and I hope not.  But apparently he embarks on a dangerous mission in an episode or two to possibly end the Others' reign once and for all.  So I guess he could.  He could die heroically, saving the castaways in the process.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #3 on: 06 May 2007, 14:00 »

This show has been crazy good since the hiatus. Thank God.

And, yeah, the Hell/Purgatory thing is not going to happen. It's been guessed at since the first season so, even if that was ever an idea they were going to use, they aren't now.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

MattBurns

« Reply #4 on: 07 May 2007, 06:35 »

We'll probably see Walt and Michael again some time, unless some real-life issue had them leave the cast.

Like Puberty?

I thought the hole polar bear thing had been pretty much settled, between the ship that Rousseau came on (I thought that had bears) and the abandoned zoo on the other island, a few stray polar bears don't seem that strange to me.

I also dont' think Cindy had to kill anyone. in fact I would think that if Locke had killed his father they would have rejected him, I think this is all some elaborate test for him, the man who would be King.

I'm sure it's not Hell. If for no other reason than the explosion was detected off the island, and a ship was dispatched to check it out. Sawyer senior was ran off the road and kidnapped by Dharma agents, which is why the guy was smiling when he stuck the IV in his arm. 

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #5 on: 07 May 2007, 11:45 »

Quote from: USA Today
The end is in sight for ABC's acclaimed island mystery Lost, but fans will have to wait until 2010 for all the answers.
In a highly unusual move, the network announces plans today to end the show after three more shortened seasons of 16 episodes each. The episodes will air consecutively, repeat-free, from February to May.

ABC's bold step marks a response to the show's producers, who have been eager to set a finish line to better plot out their convoluted mystery of plane-crash survivors and to placate fans who are frustrated that the show seemed to be vamping its way to a conclusion.

"Among fans there was an unease that they were making an investment in a show that's complicated without any sense of where that's going to lead them," co-creator Damon Lindelof said in an exclusive interview. "From the very beginning, fans and even critics have been saying, 'Are you making it up as you go along?' " which was "a legitimate question."

Now, with a still far-away ending in sight, Lindelof says he and executive producer Carlton Cuse have "specific designs for ending the next two seasons" and promises that with the answer-filled season finale May 23, viewers "will begin to get an idea of what that design will be, and it will not be at all what they expect."

The finale completed filming in Hawaii on Saturday, a day after Lindelof and Cuse signed new contracts that will keep them working on Lost exclusively for the duration. With 48 more episodes due, the show will have completed 60% of its planned six-season run.

"It's practically unprecedented in network TV to announce the end of a show this far out," Cuse says.

ABC Entertainment president Steve McPherson says the unusual long-term commitment is "a unique situation" he would be unlikely to repeat for other series. "It's one of the best shows that's ever been on," he says. "It's got brilliant storytelling, incredible character work, and takes chances beyond anything that's on the air now."

With Desperate Housewives, Lost re-energized ABC in fall 2004 and became a top 10 series. But after two time-slot switches, interruptions for low-rated repeats and a mystery that tried the patience of some fans, Lost has lost some steam. Ratings are down about 14% this season, though Lost still ranks highly among young adults and is the most heavily recorded show on DVRs.

McPherson concedes that splitting the current third season in two "was not the best for the show" and says the network also is discussing a return to an earlier time slot to draw more family viewership.

Shorter seasons will allow plots to be more tightly constructed and "will make it a real event," Lindelof says. "We won't have to do episodes where people are standing on the beach looking at the water and wondering what's going to happen next."

Will Lost risk losing fans' interest with an eight-month lag? "People wait longer than eight months for the next books and films in the Harry Potter story and they don't seem to lose interest," Cuse says. "We have faith that our audience, knowing exactly how much of the story we have left, is going to be with us for the rest of the ride."

But, Lindelof says, "the last five minutes of (this month's) finale are going to seal our fate."

So, there it is. The writers have an end in the cards and a timeline to do it in.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook
« Reply #6 on: 07 May 2007, 14:53 »

Like Puberty?

Yeah, Walt is gone. The kid who played him would be/look way to old by now. Michael might be back, but it wouldn't make much sense if he came back without Walt.

I've loved it sense the hiatus. I'm also really glad they have a set timetable. I've been saying that it just needs one more season and I'd be happy, but three short seasons works well for me, too. As long as they bring back Shannon... am I right?

MattBurns

« Reply #7 on: 08 May 2007, 09:28 »

I don't think Shannon needs to come back.

Any hot chick who spends most of the day in her bikini would be fine.

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook
« Reply #8 on: 08 May 2007, 15:36 »

I don't think Shannon needs to come back.

Any hot chick who spends most of the day in her bikini would be fine.

Fair enough.

alongwaltz

« Reply #9 on: 09 May 2007, 19:28 »

Okay, that was amazing.  Clears up a lot of things and ties some really interesting pieces together.  A million new questions, to be sure, but in the meantime a kickass episode.

Clearly every single character has daddy issues, though.  And I think the Dharma vs. Hostiles war is supposed to represent Science vs. Religion.  Hence the "purge".  And echoes of the old Locke vs. Jack battles from season two.

fish across face

• The German Chancellory building
  • Fugu, I won't do what you tell me.
« Reply #10 on: 10 May 2007, 07:34 »

POSSIBLE SPOILERS RE: EPISODE 20 WRITTEN REALLY VAGUELY

I watched the bit in the cabin on the hilltop in slow motion and there's a guy on the chair in the middle of the room at one point.  He's obviously very much in the dark, but either way he's definitely not someone I recognised.  Interesting touch of ambiguity.

I know there've been threats of violence in previous Lost-related topics re: comparisons with Twin Peaks, but something about that scene in the cabin really did remind me of the horrific flashbacks to the place where Laura Palmer died.  Consequently I was probably a touched more scared shitless than I had any right to be.

quietfox

« Reply #11 on: 10 May 2007, 09:05 »

About ep. 20 -

Oh. My. Hell. I literally yelled "NO!!!!!!!!!!" at that one point - you know what I'm talking about.

On a more awesomer note...

My boyfriend found this on the 4815162342.com forums by deadchip.
« Last Edit: 10 May 2007, 09:21 by quietfox »

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #12 on: 10 May 2007, 23:07 »

Yeah, I screamed "NOOOOOO!" then looked at the clock and realized the big white letters were coming and screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" even harder and pounded my fists.

This show is so fucking awesome these days.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

alongwaltz

« Reply #13 on: 12 May 2007, 10:16 »

So who the hell are Hostiles and why does Richard Alpert not age?

The biggest theories I've heard is they were initially members of Roussea's crew or descendents of the Black Rock.

And what happened to the original batch from the purge era?  Because Ben said pretty much all the current Others were brough there by him.

fish across face

« Reply #14 on: 12 May 2007, 16:11 »

The thing is Ben was talking about bringing the others to the island in the same breath as saying he was born there.

The ageless Richard quirk is pretty cool, especially given what he said to Locke about Ben distracting everyone with the fertility business.  If he (and some others?) don't age they're probably not too worried about making babies. 

I've said it before, but I hate the way they go this kind of Freudian route of linking characters' traits back to traumatic childhood events... Ben's interest in the fertility thing now looks like it's tied to his mother's death in childbirth.  Lame.

I hate liking this show.  :(

alongwaltz

« Reply #15 on: 13 May 2007, 09:42 »

I'm wondering what happened to Annie too.  I think she died before the purge which is what helped push Ben over the edge about not caring anymore and just wanting all the Dharmites to die.

I wouldn't be surprised if we find out that she died trying to give birth to his child.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #16 on: 13 May 2007, 10:25 »

I've said it before, but I hate the way they go this kind of Freudian route of linking characters' traits back to traumatic childhood events... Ben's interest in the fertility thing now looks like it's tied to his mother's death in childbirth.  Lame.

Every single character on this show has daddy issues. It's just a theme of the show. I don't think the mother thing is really the driving force of the fertility thing or, even if it is, it's rather irrelevant. It's also just a parallel to the Biblical story of Jacob(eh? eh?) and Rachel, who died giving birth to Benjamin.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

alongwaltz

« Reply #17 on: 16 May 2007, 18:12 »

I'm pretty excited for the season finale now.

That was pretty great.  And quite a few loose ends and whatever-happened-to?s wrapped up.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #18 on: 16 May 2007, 20:14 »

I think the oar to the face was excessive. A simple "No, I must do this" would've sufficed.

Jeeze.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #19 on: 16 May 2007, 20:49 »

I don't think tomorrow night's gonna tide me over until next Wednesday.

I am so goddamn excited for this.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

quietfox

« Reply #20 on: 16 May 2007, 21:38 »

Potential spoiler is tiny, just in case...

Oh, I am too - I really really don't want Charlie to die - but I know the finale is going to make me angry at waiting until season 4...

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #21 on: 16 May 2007, 21:43 »

Oh man. So goddamned excited for next week. I do not know what I'm going to do with myself for the next week, let alone the 8 months after. Goddamn!
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

MattBurns

« Reply #22 on: 18 May 2007, 07:40 »

I'm starting to wonder if Desmond and Locke really survived that explosion.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #23 on: 22 May 2007, 17:59 »

which, the hatch?  I'm thinking they did since Locke got shot and felt pain and all.

So my cousin went into some LOST blog and found out that from like 3 episodes ago there were 4 characters that were going to die; Locke's dad was one.

NOT ACTUAL SPOILERS BUT STILL

I'm thinking the other three are Sawyer, Kate, and Desmond.

I have no idea why those three, but it's just this feeling I've got.

24 HOURS AND COUNTING
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

quietfox

« Reply #24 on: 22 May 2007, 21:04 »

if you're right, I will be angry.

I think Jack may, and maybe Sun or Jin

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #25 on: 22 May 2007, 21:36 »

If Sawyer, Kate and Jack all died, the next season would practically be a spin-off.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

alongwaltz

« Reply #26 on: 23 May 2007, 11:08 »

I'm going with Bernard, one of the Others, and maybe someone from the radio tower crew.  But I'm not sure who.

alongwaltz

« Reply #27 on: 23 May 2007, 20:05 »

Holy shit.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #28 on: 23 May 2007, 20:29 »

Brilliant and unsettling ending.

Well done, Lost.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

Bearer

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • The Corgi Commands Awesome
« Reply #29 on: 23 May 2007, 21:11 »

Are you kidding me? 
*spoilers below*

They unveil the freaking ending, They got off the island!  What's left to watch now but them trying to tie up the infinite loose ends they've created?  The mystery has been ruined for me, and especially since Charlie died I have much less interest left to watch it at all, or at least no hype for the new season anyway.  The episode would've been fine with me if they hadn't had those "flash forwards" in between.  While they were cool, they would be better suited for a spin off after the series ends, not ruining the ending for me.
Therefore, I cast aside my useless dick-broom, and I let the ocean come.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #30 on: 23 May 2007, 21:26 »

I think it left us hanging quite enough not to have ruined the show.

I for one, sure as hell want to know how things ended up that way, who Jack was so upset over, did the boat actually send rescue? What about everyone else? Etc.

That ending only answered "What happens to Jack and Kate?" And even then, not completely.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #31 on: 23 May 2007, 21:45 »

I'm pretty sure that that future is where the next season picks up, not where it's getting to.

The next season will be about life off the Island, the survivors coming back together to go back, with flashbacks about the aftermath of their rescue.

There's so much we still know nothing about and I'd wager that Ben was being totally truthful when he called the ship the 'bad guys'. Unfortunately, it was too late.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
« Reply #32 on: 23 May 2007, 21:49 »

That's one thing about Ben.

He's only got one facial expression, so I never know what he's up to.
Boredom Makes You Cool.

quietfox

« Reply #33 on: 23 May 2007, 22:45 »

I'm pretty sure that that future is where the next season picks up, not where it's getting to.

The next season will be about life off the Island, the survivors coming back together to go back, with flashbacks about the aftermath of their rescue.

There's so much we still know nothing about and I'd wager that Ben was being totally truthful when he called the ship the 'bad guys'. Unfortunately, it was too late.

Yeah, like who's in the coffin? Who was Kate talking about when she said something about someone else knowing where she was?

I sure hope Des got off this time. Poor guy is too screwed over as it is. I liked the way Charlie died, though, although it was so sad... poor Claire.

beat mouse

• HEADACHE
« Reply #34 on: 24 May 2007, 04:33 »

They unveil the freaking ending, They got off the island!  What's left to watch now but them trying to tie up the infinite loose ends they've created?  The mystery has been ruined for me, and especially since Charlie died I have much less interest left to watch it at all, or at least no hype for the new season anyway.  The episode would've been fine with me if they hadn't had those "flash forwards" in between.  While they were cool, they would be better suited for a spin off after the series ends, not ruining the ending for me.

...you dont "get" Lost, do you?

edit- wait, you actually LIKED charlie? christ, i was waiting for the day they'd finally kill him.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

MattBurns

« Reply #35 on: 24 May 2007, 07:14 »

Charlie was a dumb ass. if he started taking deep breaths as soon as the water started coming in, then he could have swam out the window once the water got hight enough.

though I'm also calling bad science. That is a water proof room, under water and air tight. once the water level got over the window, no more air could have escaped to let the water in. there would have been an air pocket at the top that he could have survived in for some time.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #36 on: 24 May 2007, 07:35 »

Yeah, that was a bit silly. He could have fit through the window, but he died because he thought he had to to save Claire and the baby. I liked Charlie and I'm sad he's gone, but there are other people I like on the show, too. The finale was interesting and I really want to know who was in the coffin. It was someone that nobody really liked anymore, I guess as no one was there, and I really want to see why Jack ends up suicidal. I'm kind of glad they've given some insight into the future, because I was getting really sick of not getting any information about what is going to happen, not what already happened.

And I liked it when the French woman elbowed Ben in the face, because that guy is freaky and definitely needed it.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

alongwaltz

« Reply #37 on: 24 May 2007, 16:14 »

All these people who are like "Charlie could've swam out!" are totally missing the point.  He died on purpose.  He thought he had to die in order for Claire to be rescued and he had accepted that.

The flash-forward was incredible, once you realised what it was.  My theories include:
-Ben was the body at the funeral
-Kate had to get back to Sawyer
-Jack managed to get some people rescued and off the island but not everyone and had to sacrifice something to do so.  He deeply regrets this, which is why he desperately wants back, studies maps and flies on planes left and right, hoping that they'll crash.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the castaways get rescued next season and then bridge to that point that we saw, with the last season or two being Jack trying to get back to the island and make things right.

Interesting to note:

The plane crashed on September 22, 2004.  Each season has been one month, with Naomi being killed by Locke taking place just before new year's eve.  The paper that Jack was given by the stewardess in the first flash was dated April 2007.

Naomi's people are definitely the bad guys who might help Claire, Jack, Kate, etc. get home if only to get them off the island so they can take it for themselves.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Ben, Locke, Richard, and maybe some others team up and try to fight them.

The big questions now are:

-Walt.  Was it the Monster, Jacob, the real Walt (and what are the repercussions if that is the case?), or something different?

-Is Penny working with Dharma, the Others, the Other Others, or by herself?

-Will Desmond make it to the beach in time to walkie-talkie Jack?  Will they take him seriously?  Will Jack ignore him and insist they're being rescued?

-Why is Richard taking people to a temple?

-Why the fuck do we have to wait until February to find out?

fish across face

« Reply #38 on: 24 May 2007, 16:37 »

Thought it was interesting that Jack said whatever he said to the new surgeon about going and getting his father.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #39 on: 24 May 2007, 18:19 »

Rose became one of my favorite people ever with "Jack, if you say 'live together, die alone' I'm gonna smack you in the face."

alongwaltz

« Reply #40 on: 24 May 2007, 19:35 »

Thought it was interesting that Jack said whatever he said to the new surgeon about going and getting his father.

Yeah, there's different interpretations to "Get my father down here and if he's drunker than I am, then you can fire me."

a) His father's somehow alive and well and working again.
b) By "down here", he meant down from heaven.
c) The booze and the pills just put Jack in a really f'd up state and it was either dementia or he was delirious.

alongwaltz

« Reply #41 on: 24 May 2007, 21:02 »

Something I've been pondering:     
What is the status of Desmond's visions now?

All his past visions (other than when he traveled back in time) were about Charlie dying.  Now Charlie's dead.  Does that mean no more visions?  Will he start having visions of another person dying?  Maybe his own death?  Or something else entirely, visions of the future, but not death related?

beat mouse

• HEADACHE
« Reply #42 on: 24 May 2007, 22:07 »

the big question is by saving charlie did desmond bring people to the island that should never have found it?
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

fish across face

« Reply #43 on: 25 May 2007, 03:45 »

Yeah, the whole flash-forward business opened a shipping container of worms, really.  I don't think it ruined the story any more than watching Pulp Fiction or Memento in the intended order ruins those movies.

-Jack managed to get some people rescued and off the island but not everyone and had to sacrifice something to do so.  He deeply regrets this, which is why he desperately wants back, studies maps and flies on planes left and right, hoping that they'll crash.
The big question this raised for me wasn't actually why Jack was so upset but why he can't get back to the island!  If they can get be found and rescued, why can he now not go back?  Given his messed up state (tend to think his father was dead at that point, but he was too screwed to remember that) is he trying to go back to a place that's now destroyed?  Is he just misguided in believing he needs to crash to get back there?  Really, we can't trust anything he said in that flash-forward, including his perception that the whole thing was a mistake (which Kate seemed to disagree with).  It's awesomely unreliable narrator time.

Another thing I've been thinking about...
Naomi's people are definitely the bad guys
Didn't Penelope just say she a) wasn't on a ship and b) didn't know who Naomi was?  Did Charlie leap to the conclusion that the ship is not Penelope's people?  I'm pretty sure Naomi said she'd never met Penelope, does anyone remember?  I guess Pen did say "What ship?" but, still, I think it's a possibility.

Also, Ben will have to be forever cast as a bad guy, since he's now connected with images of mass graves and the usual stuff we associate with genocide.  A TV show can't really turn around and cast that kind of guy in a favourable light without getting some serious condemnation, can they?

I'm always wary when writing this kind of thing that it's the kind of show where we're never really gonna get many of the answers, the fun's just in mulling stuff over and getting sucked in for a bit.
« Last Edit: 25 May 2007, 03:47 by fish across face »

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #44 on: 25 May 2007, 04:40 »

All his past visions (other than when he traveled back in time) were about Charlie dying.  Now Charlie's dead.  Does that mean no more visions?  Will he start having visions of another person dying?  Maybe his own death?  Or something else entirely, visions of the future, but not death related?

They actually adressed that in the episode.  In the Looking Glass Charlie asked Desmond if he had had any more visions, and Desmond said no.  Since Charlie is dead, Des' visions have stopped.

alongwaltz

« Reply #45 on: 25 May 2007, 12:15 »

They actually adressed that in the episode.  In the Looking Glass Charlie asked Desmond if he had had any more visions, and Desmond said no.  Since Charlie is dead, Des' visions have stopped.

But Charlie hadn't died yet.  They were still in the middle of the vision coming into being.  Just like, when they were walking through the jungle, Desmond didn't have any more visions until after he saved Charlie from the arrow.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #46 on: 25 May 2007, 20:45 »

Meh, I still think they're gonna stop.  Especially since all of them were roundabout ways of saving Charlie, and now he's died.

I mean, think about it.  If Desmond kept having visions, they'd be repeating the same storyline but set for a different character and the show would lose viewers.

quietfox

« Reply #47 on: 27 May 2007, 17:42 »

What is the status of Desmond's visions now? ... Or something else entirely, visions of the future, but not death related?

Zombie Charlie coming back to eat brains.

I was kind of pissed that Desmond heard Penny but didn't get to talk to her. Poor guy.

I liked Charlie, especially since he changed so much from innocent to corrupt rock star then back again.

I think it's implied that Kate has to get back to Sawyer. One theory I've heard is that somehow they get rescued to the wrong timeline (like the Desmond episode) and Jack's father IS still alive. I saw it as Jack being pathetically messed up to the point where he writes prescriptions for himself as his dad. His beard was crazy, though.

Again, the show is taking us somewhere we'd never really expect it to. I'm pissed that we have to wait until February, but I'll live.

And I thought the finale was also directed at tormenting the shippers, as well. It made me laugh evilly under my breath a bit. You'd have to be stupid to get involved with someone on the island. Fortunately, Charlie & Claire didn't make it to the "go on a picnic" stage. Then it's final: the girl dies. That's why Charlie had to die to save Claire. If he loved her, eventually they would go on a picnic. He didn't want her to get shot.

One last thing: wasn't it cool when Ben introduced Danielle to Alex as "your mother"? Then Danielle gets this look in her eyes and says "want to help me tie him up?" or something. She was thinking "we must make up for the last 16 years by being crazy French ladies together! Soon, you will be boobytrapping this jungle, just like I did!"
« Last Edit: 27 May 2007, 17:56 by quietfox »

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #48 on: 28 May 2007, 20:21 »

it's so true!  "If you're good I'll teach you to kill someone with a frond leaf and this egg spoon, dear." "Ooooh!"

beat mouse

• HEADACHE
« Reply #49 on: 29 May 2007, 19:04 »

apparently (my friend listens to podcasts and whatnot, generally 100% reliable) the premonition was showing that jack and kate were the only ones to get off the island, bargaining somehow or doing whatever to get off the island, i suspect that is why jack turned into such a wreck, knowing he condemned all of the people he promised to save.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up