Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: LOST  (Read 67303 times)

quietfox

Re: LOST
« Reply #50 on: 29 May 2007, 19:35 »

it's so true!  "If you're good I'll teach you to kill someone with a frond leaf and this egg spoon, dear." "Ooooh!"

Hee hee, I love Danielle.

Hm, only Jack & Kate, you say? Poor Kate/Sawyer diehards that think they're totally married now. I don't know if it would be EVERYONE left behind - I think Jack would freak if even a few were. Still... can't wait!!!

MattBurns

« Reply #51 on: 30 May 2007, 09:53 »

That still leaves the question of who died.

and what about all of that business with the arg last year and some kind of virus they were making?

what was Desmond shooting himself up with all the time?

What if they got out and killed half the population?

beat mouse

• The German Chancellory building
  • HEADACHE
« Reply #52 on: 30 May 2007, 14:12 »

it's hard to tell what's factual and what isn't. by saying there's a virus it could be easier to convince pergnant women to take drugs to help them not die, but also keep people from going outside when they shouldn't, etc. once desmond got outside he seemed pretty convinced that there was no virus and that he's going to be just fine. I suppose we'll find out.
you could have been fine, you could have made it, you could licked the lips of god but you chose the pavement.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #53 on: 30 May 2007, 15:09 »

OTOH, Danielle was convinced there was an illness on the island, completely separate from Dharma or the Others.

However, the virus from the Lost Experience is not the alleged virus of the island, I'm reasonably sure. That virus was due to Mittelwerk's recent takeover of the Hanso Foundation to find a drastic and quick solution to changing the Valenzetti numbers.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

weenus

« Reply #54 on: 30 May 2007, 15:28 »

For everyone complaining about the season finale and the flash forwards, will you EVER be happy?

I've been watching LOST for three seasons now. I will admit, that the second, and even third season, had derailed most of what I enjoyed about the show, and I was growing extremely frusterated with it. The season finale was powerful, moving, and while mysterious, it was enough to keep me on board. Jack, as determined as he was to get off the island, is a broken man in normal society. I'm not going to waste my time guessing since the show won't be back on for atleast another 6 months, I'm going to enjoy that last scene as some of the most powerful work on a TV show that I've watched, and wait.

philosopherqueen

« Reply #55 on: 15 Jun 2007, 15:23 »

The season finale was indeed some of the best television ever. I had started to get really annoyed and fed up with lost a while back (early season 3 or late season 2, not sure anymore cause i don't watch it on the same timeline as everyone else, I download it and watch it later... but I thinkit was around the time the others had captured Kate and Sawyer and put them in the cages) cause it was getting really stupid. Seemed like they were just throwing more and more layers and more and more mysteries onto the plot without resloving anything and i was starting to think they would NEVER be able to tie it all together in a way that would satisfy intelligent audience members. I even started to question whether the writers even knew where they were going with all of this or were they just making shit up as they go along? But the last half of season 3 was great, still leaves you with that 'wtf? i'm so lost' kind of feeling but in a good way, and you feel like you're making progress in terms of getting some answers or hints as to what may be going on. And then the finale. The potential for some boat to get some of the people off the island but they may actually be bad guys so you're left with that "what's gonna happen" cliffhanger feeling. The flash forwards were great too in so many ways. We now sort of know that some of the losties will be rescued or get off the island somehow but still we are left with more questions. Who is Kate needing to get back to? Is she being kept against her will or is she simply with someone (Sawyer maybe?) who doesn't want her seeing Jack? Who was in the coffin? Is Jack's dad alive? (They never did find his body and he did appear to jack on the island once.... that fact and the numbers have been 2 things that i've felt were very important since the beginning). The whole Jacob thing is awfully intriguing as well.

Season 4 is going to be amazing. I just wish we didn't have to wait 8 or 9 months for it  :cry:

Since the finale rekindled my passion and i tend to have a bit of an obssessive streak to me, I have begun re-watching the entire series. I want to be reminded of details and hints I may have fogotten or missed the first time around. Plus it's a way to keep from going crazy with withdrawal till february.

Damn this show's good. I just hope it doesn't dissapoint in the end like heroes season finale did.

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
  • Liev Schreiber scares me
    • myspace!
« Reply #56 on: 04 Jan 2008, 04:55 »

now I know the rule about rekindling a dead thread but season 4 starts in about 27 days and the trailers have been put out (the extended 1 1/1 minute one is awesome) so i figured it was fair to revive this so conversation can start up again on Season 4.

if you dont like Lost there's pretty much no point in posting just to say so, i'm not expecting everyone to like it, i'd just like to hear some ideas and thoughts etc on the new season!

to start off, the extended trailer is here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ou7cWOTXJs for anyone that hasnt seen it.

my biggest question looking at that is if like creepy new guy says, rescuing the losties isnt the freighter teams main concern, then, like jack asks, what the hell is?

either something we dont know about is about to be introduced, or (more likely), we'll find out more about one of these many mysteries we've been left with. there was speculation as to stuff to do with DHARMA because of the image of a rock or something with a dharma logo on in the shorter trailer. i'm pretty sure they've wrapped up the arc about DHARMA's presence on the island towards the end of season 3, but i reckon we'll hear more about the company outside of the island.

what does anybody think?
Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #57 on: 04 Jan 2008, 09:06 »

I think they're continuing to just make shit up as they go along.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Tom

• Older than Moses
  • 8==D(_(_(
« Reply #58 on: 04 Jan 2008, 12:32 »

I doubt they would, stupid people eat up like candy.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #59 on: 04 Jan 2008, 12:34 »

The show's been plotted out for the next three seasons, right up to its final episode, and has been contracted until then. The Writer's strike is the only thing that could get it canned.

Also, fuck you.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • oh hi
« Reply #60 on: 04 Jan 2008, 13:44 »

I hope the ratings go in the crapper and the expense of the series cause it to be cancelled before the last season JUST BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED TO CARNIVALE AND CARNIVALE WAS A MILLION TIMES BETTER OF A SHOW.

Deadwood, too, for that matter, though it's not as bad in that case because you can enjoy Deadwood on an episodic basis without really needing a "conclusion" to a "mystery".  (For one thing, the historical record can tell you what ultimately happens to most of the main characters anyway.)
Man, this thread really makes me want to suck some cock.

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
    • myspace!
« Reply #61 on: 04 Jan 2008, 15:50 »

should have known politely asking people to just post if theyre interested instead of talking crap about it would go to shit.

oh well!

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #62 on: 04 Jan 2008, 15:54 »

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
    • myspace!
« Reply #63 on: 04 Jan 2008, 16:04 »

i know i know, i didnt mean to come across that pissy. i've just heard the same complaints over and over again and i've always kind of figured if you dont like something dont talk about it.

i never mention prison break, alias or 24. or anything joss whedon has done other than firefly.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #64 on: 04 Jan 2008, 16:21 »

I prefer to pretend that Firefly is the only thing Joss Whedon has ever done.

Nah, I actually enjoyed some of Angel, but that was because of Boreanz and... uh... the "good" demon guy with the green skin... being good actors more than the actual writing or plot.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #65 on: 04 Jan 2008, 20:21 »

Three.

Shortened to sixteen episodes each, eight less than the industry standard television season.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #66 on: 06 Jan 2008, 23:02 »

Yeah, the writers already agreed there will be 48 more episodes.  No more, no less.

I'm kind of disappointed in what they can do now, though, with the whole flash-forward thing setting up the rest of the show.

We know Jack and Kate make it off the island, but we don't know if anybody else does, and at that, we don't know who dies or not and how.

At this point, there are way too many loose plot ends to tie up, I have a feeling just those ones will take up all 48 episodes.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

blanktom

• FIGHT YOU
    • myspace!
« Reply #67 on: 07 Jan 2008, 08:46 »

i'm pretty convinced the flash forwards will make up alternate realities for each of the characters, sort of like a 'this is what could have happened'. the situation on the island for the survivors is so delicate i think even the smallest decision could tip the future of each character onto a whole new path.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #68 on: 07 Jan 2008, 09:55 »

OK seriously, if the flash-forwards are "alternate realities" then that is officially stupider than that season of Dynasty that ended up all being a dream.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #69 on: 07 Jan 2008, 17:16 »

I dont think its alternate realities. I think it'd be straight up "We shouldnt have left the island!" sort of thing, like everyone's life being ruined after leaving.
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #70 on: 09 Jan 2008, 04:33 »

Honestly I had to rack my brain to remember the stuff I put in my last post.  I don't remember shit about this show.

So, torrent files of all 3 seasons were in order.  So far I'm like 5 episodes into season 1.  Ah, those were good times.  Remember when we first found out about the caves?

None of that Dharma bullshit to deal with.  Those were simpler times, better times.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Fidel Fanst

« Reply #71 on: 09 Jan 2008, 05:22 »

Man, when are they going to start season 4??

And, GO LOCKE!

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #72 on: 09 Jan 2008, 07:38 »

January 31st.

And no, I am not counting the days until then.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #73 on: 10 Jan 2008, 05:17 »

and why the hell not?

Oh man you guys I watched the episode where they first find the hatch last night.  I forgot just how good this show is.

and how great its replay value is.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #74 on: 10 Jan 2008, 05:29 »

I forgot about all of this stuff... :/ I guess I'll have to watch the recap show.
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #75 on: 31 Jan 2008, 19:18 »

Well, I'm sufficiently confused now.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #76 on: 31 Jan 2008, 19:37 »

This episode turned me from a LOST hater into a fan.  That's saying a lot.

It appears they have actually decided to map out a definite plot instead of just OMG RANDOM SHIT THAT WILL NEVER BE EXPLAINED.

Also, the fact that Locke, Sawyer, Hurley and Ben (ie "the cool characters") are now all on the same "side" and the intensely annoying Jack/Kate wondertwins are on the other side is rad.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #77 on: 31 Jan 2008, 19:47 »

I missed it tonight because of class/a meeting, but once I watch it online tomorrow I will chime in.

You can not comprehend how excited I am about this.
Liz is touching me.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #78 on: 31 Jan 2008, 19:59 »

I will say that this was about the best Hurley's been and I am incredibly pleased to see him revealed as one of the "Oceanic 6." With Charlie dead (Or is he?), Hurley's defaulted to my favorite character with Locke bringing up the rear.

Also of note: Did we all notice who was sitting in Jacob's chair? It may not have been so obvious if you weren't watching Missing Pieces.

Spoiler: Jack mother fucking Shephard! He was wearing that same black suit and white sneakers outfit in White Rabbit and the final installment of Missing Pieces. The plot thickens...
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #79 on: 31 Jan 2008, 20:02 »

Yeah, I'm glad they said 6, too. And I did see what was in Jacob's chair, but I want to know who was looking at Hurley through the window. And who the hell Jacob is.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #80 on: 31 Jan 2008, 20:09 »

I'm pretty sure that was just Locke. It looked like his eye and considering his connection to the island and the fact he showed up immediately afterward makes it seem pretty clear to me.
JON MADE ME GAY

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #81 on: 01 Feb 2008, 01:47 »

Clearly Jacob is Management from Carnivale.

Bearer

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • The Corgi Commands Awesome
« Reply #82 on: 01 Feb 2008, 09:42 »

At first I was skeptical about the flash-forwards and I actually wasn't planing on watching this episode, but man I'm glad I did.  Haha, I was half expecting a cloverfield reference though.  When Hurley said, "Slushy" if he had said Slusho, it would have been perfect, haha
Therefore, I cast aside my useless dick-broom, and I let the ocean come.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #83 on: 01 Feb 2008, 13:32 »

The flash-forward thing is a pretty amazing way to switch up the show's format a tiny bit. Makes you feel like you're working towards the end. Appropriate, considering this episode was called The Beginning of the End.

Also, Ben is an enormously entertaining asshole. I hope we get more Ben-centric episodes.

I'm hell of excited and hope so hard the networks cave to the writers soon.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #84 on: 01 Feb 2008, 14:19 »

I have a love-hate relationship with the flash-forwards. It's definately and interesting way to end the show, but now we know that only six people make it off the island, and we know who three of them are. This makes things a little less interesting to me. Also, now that people from off the island know exactly where they are, how is this thing going to stretch three more seasons?

That being said I loved last night's episode. The ending was perfect, I was practically shouting at my laptop.
Liz is touching me.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #85 on: 01 Feb 2008, 17:12 »

I don't think the flash-forwards are about the ending. I think the end of this season will meet up with the current flash-forwards with next season being the return to the island to save the ones left behind.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #86 on: 01 Feb 2008, 17:50 »

Ooh, I like that idea. I can go for that.
Liz is touching me.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #87 on: 02 Feb 2008, 18:48 »

I love this show!

I'm too tired to talk about plot ideas, but still.

I love the whole Rousseou and Alex (I think thats her name) bonding, "Help me tie her up"

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #88 on: 03 Feb 2008, 20:24 »

*potential spoilers from my head below*

Looking back on the past season,  I've decided Michael is in the casket Jack goes to.

Which means the Oceanic Six are Jack, Kate, Hurley, Michael (but not Walt, because Michael goes back to the island in season 4, I think), Sun, and Jin.

apparently (my friend listens to podcasts and whatnot, generally 100% reliable) the premonition was showing that jack and kate were the only ones to get off the island

Yeah, that was a big lie.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #89 on: 07 Feb 2008, 19:09 »

Double-you-tee-eff?

Great episode, but fuck if I'm not confused as shit.
JON MADE ME GAY

Bearer

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
  • The Corgi Commands Awesome
« Reply #90 on: 07 Feb 2008, 20:09 »

haha, I liked the slightly taller Walt thing.  How long have they been on the Island again?
Therefore, I cast aside my useless dick-broom, and I let the ocean come.

Jackie Blue

• BANNED
  • oh hi
« Reply #91 on: 07 Feb 2008, 20:12 »

Awesome episode.  The "rescuers" are great new characters, especially "the crazy one", who seems like he might turn into a good-guy.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #92 on: 07 Feb 2008, 20:16 »

93 days since the crash according to Wikipedia. It should be sometime around Christmas of 2004 as of the current season's start.
JON MADE ME GAY

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #93 on: 07 Feb 2008, 23:14 »

Great episode, but fuck if I'm not confused as shit.

Welcome to Lost!
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #94 on: 08 Feb 2008, 08:03 »

Something I just realized. I had to have been wrong about Locke being at the cabin. He wouldn't have been so surprised to hear Hugo mention knowing of "the cabin" if he were the one who spotted him.
JON MADE ME GAY

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #95 on: 17 Feb 2008, 18:48 »

Spoiler: Jack mother fucking Shephard! He was wearing that same black suit and white sneakers outfit in White Rabbit and the final installment of Missing Pieces. The plot thickens...

I just realized that you meant Christian Shepard and I'm far less confused.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #96 on: 17 Feb 2008, 23:27 »

You guys something just occurred to me about the Oceanic Six!

Needless to say, spoilers.

okay, one of two things is true here.  Either, Kate is not a member of the Oceanic 6, since she is wanted, or, more likely, she is under the persona of another survivor (probably somebody deceased).
Also, if you remember that premonition Desmond had, Claire and Aaron get off via the helicopter, but I think they only count as one of the Oceanic 6, since Aaron wasn't technically a passenger.

desultory

« Reply #97 on: 21 Feb 2008, 08:24 »

Something I just realized. I had to have been wrong about Locke being at the cabin. He wouldn't have been so surprised to hear Hugo mention knowing of "the cabin" if he were the one who spotted him.

Not to mention that apparently the cabin moves
And why would it do that if Jacob asked Locke for help? Is Hurley the new "one" or something?

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #98 on: 21 Feb 2008, 11:05 »

Not the date of the entry, I wrote that well before the episode where they noted that the cabin apparently moves.
JON MADE ME GAY

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • My blog
« Reply #99 on: 22 Feb 2008, 17:59 »

zomg, the end of last week's episode was SO good!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up