Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: LOST  (Read 67295 times)

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
Re: LOST
« Reply #100 on: 22 Feb 2008, 18:32 »

I literally went "GAHHHHHHHH" when it happened.

OMG.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #101 on: 22 Feb 2008, 19:12 »

Man, am I the only one who saw it coming a mile away?

Honestly, they've got a shit ton of explaining to do. Considering Kate was clearly not visibly pregnant when she boarded the plane, considering the short amount of time they've been on the island, it'd have to be obvious that Aaron is not really her kid.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #102 on: 22 Feb 2008, 19:22 »

She could've been pregnant, its only been ninety days on the island. She so could have been pregnant this whole time, it doesnt start to show in the first month or so.
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #103 on: 22 Feb 2008, 19:42 »

Given, but I'm pretty sure the implication is that that baby is Claire's Aaron. There are multiple people who saw her soon before 815 went down and in order for that baby to have been born on the island, she would've had to be at least six months pregnant, making her quite visibly knocked up.

There's plenty of explaining to do. My current suspicion:

While testifying, Jack mentioned that there were eight survivors, but there's only six who made it home. This indicates that their story involves there being two people who survived initially, but didn't make it. My guess is that they list Claire as an initial survivor who "died in childbirth," with Kate taking care of Aaron.

What I'm curious about, is whether Jack is aware he is Aaron's closest blood relative (Being Claire's half brother and all) if his father isn't around
JON MADE ME GAY

lordjim

« Reply #104 on: 23 Feb 2008, 07:03 »

The 90+ days on the island doesn't mean that much.  Remember that the clocks that Daniel Faraday received, the 30+ minute difference in them?  Time isn't the same on the island as it is in the rest of the world (that also explains "bigger" Walt).  So it could be that the rest of the world thinks that they have been missing for like 3 years or 5 or whatever.  I've stopped trying to think things out on this so and I'm just letting it flow.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #105 on: 06 Mar 2008, 19:05 »

Guesses based upon the newest preview:

Jin and Sun are the last of the Oceanic six. This is something I've been assuming for a few weeks.

Michael is the captain of the freighter and he's Ben's man on the inside (Based upon the note saying "Don't trust the captain" and the fact that Sayid's encountering someone we apparently "never expected to see again."
JON MADE ME GAY

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #106 on: 07 Mar 2008, 15:21 »

The 90+ days on the island doesn't mean that much.  Remember that the clocks that Daniel Faraday received, the 30+ minute difference in them?  Time isn't the same on the island as it is in the rest of the world (that also explains "bigger" Walt).  So it could be that the rest of the world thinks that they have been missing for like 3 years or 5 or whatever.  I've stopped trying to think things out on this so and I'm just letting it flow.

Except for the fact that it's December 2004 on the freighter and the island at the same time.

The only difference in time for anyone happened on the helicopter. The helicopter left at the same time from both frames of reference and landed at the same time. It just condensed a day into 20 minutes for its passengers.
[/quote]
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

lordjim

« Reply #107 on: 10 Mar 2008, 06:38 »

Yeah, I really screwed that one up.  Oh well.  Lets just see who the captain is Thursday then piss and moan that there won't be any new episodes till late April.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #108 on: 10 Mar 2008, 06:42 »

Wait, fuck what?

Edit: GAH! What the fuck! It makes sense, but I didn't notice that. Although of note, we've actually got two more episodes before that hiatus occurs.
« Last Edit: 10 Mar 2008, 06:43 by 0bsessions »
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #109 on: 10 Mar 2008, 08:57 »

SilentJ, I disagree with the Kate thing. She's up on trial as herself, not someone else, and she is considered on of the Oceanic 6. Something will happen that will explain why she has Aaron, but my guess is something happens to Claire, as I doubt she'd just give Aaron up.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
  • You're talking shit. Explain yourself.
    • I say things sometimes.
« Reply #110 on: 12 Mar 2008, 15:11 »

Well, yeah, I disagree with myself now as well, since I made that prediction like three episodes ago.  I would've re-evaluated my own assumption by now, but for the past like three episodes I missed them on the thursdays and had to watch 'em on abc.com those saturdays, so I've pretty much avoided this thread for the past three weeks or so to avoid spoilers.

This'll be the first time in like a month that I remembered to catch LOST!  Or rather, I only actually missed one, the other times I was busy on thursday nights.
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #111 on: 13 Mar 2008, 19:04 »

I...did not see that coming...
JON MADE ME GAY

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #112 on: 13 Mar 2008, 20:13 »

Jesus, that hurt my head until I fully realized what they did. They are never allowed to mix their timelines like that every again, dangit.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #113 on: 14 Mar 2008, 04:46 »

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what Lostpedia calls a "mindfuck."
i shotgunned a beer, made my facebook pic an american flag, and have been yelling "AMURIKA" all evening.

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #114 on: 14 Mar 2008, 06:37 »

Yeah, pretty much. But I was wondering why Jin had such an old fashioned cell phone. Poor Sun.

Spoiler: I was really hoping for the both of them to get off and survive, but I am very happy that she was able to have a healthy baby. It was also very nice of Hurley to go and visit her.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #115 on: 14 Mar 2008, 07:24 »

Actually, that wasn't an old fashioned cell phone. I used to work with cell phones and that appeared to be something along the lines of a Nextel "candybar" series. It was pretty non descript and could've been anything from an i500 (Which came out in '96, but I've seen as recently as 2005) to something like an i205 (Debuted in 2003).

More theorizing:

The alleged death in the next episode will be either Claire, Jin or Desmond. Desmond makes sense as Sayid is said to get off the island and he's already off, technically. Desmond might get killed on the freighter because he's not one of the Oceanic survivors and he might represent a problem with the conspiracy that seems to occur. As far as Jin goes, his grave said 2004. Considering it's Christmas 2004, he has to die in the next few days for it to not be a continuity error (Unless it has something to do with the time anomolies). If he doesn't die there, he'd have to die soon after leaving the island since this flashforward couldn't have been any later than about July of 2005. It could also lend credence to the eight survivores, six returned thing (In Kate's episode, Jack mentioned there being eight survivors). If Aaron counted as one of the Oceanic Six, then one could figure that the two "survivors" who didn't make it were Jin and Claire, explaining why Kate has Aaron and why Jin's grave says 2004. Claire is also a candidate as I can't believe that she would let Kate take Aaron after all that "you must raise this child yourself" crap. This all could be moot if the time anomaly were involved somehow. As it stands, it doesn't make sense that there would be ANY survivors popping up when the captain said that they found all 340 passengers dead.
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #116 on: 14 Mar 2008, 07:38 »

By "old fashioned" what I meant was more like not up to par with most cell phones you see. Also, the man he worked for was pretty rich and powerful and I'm sure he would have had a fancier cell phone than that at the time.

I agree with your theories.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #117 on: 14 Mar 2008, 08:17 »

New note: The grave didn't just say 2004. It said September 22, 2004, the date of the crash. This seems to imply that he dies on the island as they're listing him as someone who "died" in the crash, on the other hand, this doesn't add up. Sun had to have obviously gotten pregnant on the island due to her date of conception, so unless it's something to do with the time anomolies, it's a flaw in the conspiracy.
JON MADE ME GAY

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #118 on: 14 Mar 2008, 09:43 »

I don't think Jin is dead, due to the fact that he apparently officially died in the crash.

I think Jin is "dead". As dead as anyone else who isn't one of the Oceanic Six. He probably did something very brave and stupid to get Sun off the island and got left behind.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #119 on: 14 Mar 2008, 09:55 »

I can't imagine Sun reacting as tearfully as she did if he were just on the island. It seems to me that, as far as she's concerned, he's gone forever.
JON MADE ME GAY

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #120 on: 14 Mar 2008, 16:23 »

I am still a little caught up in the fact that Juliette spit out Sun's secret like that. I was literally yelling "You dirty whore!" at my computer.
Liz is touching me.

Aceandcups

« Reply #121 on: 15 Mar 2008, 12:38 »

Juliette was really stepping into "that baby might not be yours, day-time talk show" territory.

Does this mean that Michael's the inside man that Ben has? Or is it someone else? And what was up with that lady throwing herself into the water?

karl gambolputty...

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #122 on: 18 Mar 2008, 09:45 »

I think Jin is "dead". As dead as anyone else who isn't one of the Oceanic Six. He probably did something very brave and stupid to get Sun off the island and got left behind.

I agree.  They were very careful to leave it open to interpretation, and whenever a major character has died-for-real so far, they've been pretty explicit about it, as far as I can remember.

I can't imagine Sun reacting as tearfully as she did if he were just on the island. It seems to me that, as far as she's concerned, he's gone forever.

Perhaps, but we don't know the circumstances in which some people left and some people didn't.  Maybe, as far as she can tell, there's no way he can ever get off, or she can go back.  When she was in the hospital bed she kept yelling for them to fetch him.  I think that's a clue that he's not dead, it would be weird for her to suddenly lose it like that, maybe. 

Dang, it seems like everywhere I look there is major haterade for Juliette.  I think she's pretty ok.  She seems to have good intentions, at least so far.
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2008, 09:48 by karl gambolputty... »

Aceandcups

« Reply #123 on: 19 Mar 2008, 20:06 »

I agree, Juliette is getting the cold shoulder on the island. But I'm sure she'll eventually redeem herself... she didn't have a flashforward like everyone else has been having, so she might not make it. And since she's always willing to throw herself in harms way, she won't meet her end by sitting on her hands.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #124 on: 20 Mar 2008, 06:47 »

She didn't have a flash forward because she's not one of the Oceanic 6. Notice that Ben's still in one of Sayid's flashbacks, but he's not one either. Juliette, Desmond and Ben could all make it while not being listed in that group because none of them were on Oceanic 815, they were on the island beforehand.
JON MADE ME GAY

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #125 on: 21 Mar 2008, 13:12 »

I love love love the irony of Sayid turning in Michael for working for Ben.

So good.

Good episode. It didn't skip over anything or add any new questions, just filled in a blank.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #126 on: 14 Apr 2008, 13:17 »

Good news, everyone!

ABC have signed on to add an hour to Lost's season finale, bringing the season total to 14, which is only one shy of what we would've gotten before the season was cut for the strike.

We'll get our first new episode a week from Thursday, followed by three more episodes before a one week hiatus and then May 29, we'll have a two hour finale episode (As opposed to a two hour finale on the fifteenth, as it was set beforehand).
JON MADE ME GAY

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #127 on: 14 Apr 2008, 13:59 »

Awesome! I was going to have to miss the finale because (I believe) it was originally scheduled for the 22nd and I'm going to a Silver Mt. Zion concert that night. This is excellent news!
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

RobbieOC

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Whachaw!
    • Facebookfacebookfacebook
« Reply #128 on: 14 Apr 2008, 16:17 »

That is very good news, indeed.

I have been upset for the last season and a half because they haven't been using Sayid as much as they should be, but this season has been great so far. They are taking him to places I never expected, and I'm quite pleased with it.

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #129 on: 24 Apr 2008, 21:17 »

Holy goddamn hell @ Alex's death and Ben actually failing to worm his way out of a situation for once.

I liked Alex so much. :(

Still, I think I'm going to love this direction of the show. I'm not convinced Widmore killed Nadia, but I still think he's the evil one.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

SilentJ

• Beyoncé
« Reply #130 on: 24 Apr 2008, 21:53 »

Wow.  So... that just happened.

Does that blow your mind?

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #131 on: 25 Apr 2008, 08:41 »

JON MADE ME GAY

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #132 on: 25 Apr 2008, 11:32 »

That would be terrifying.
Liz is touching me.

bryanthelion

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • I'm a lion, and I'm flyin'.
    • My blog
« Reply #133 on: 25 Apr 2008, 21:09 »

Wow just wow
"Cause I might be a werewolf...but why would an inquisitor of the pope be in a webcomic forum?"

Luke C

• Beyond Thunderdome
    • http://www.john87.com
« Reply #134 on: 26 Apr 2008, 12:03 »

Lost is so awesome but it drives me insane!
"These capitalists generally act harmoniously and in concert to fleece the people, and now that they have got into a quarrel with themselves, we are called upon to appropriate the people's money to settle the quarrel." Lincoln in 1837

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #135 on: 26 Apr 2008, 14:56 »

I am so so so happy they are doing flashes of the future instead of the past now. It's helping things make more sense. It's all still confusing, but it's making more sense.

Oh, and I hate the actor that was the guy who shot Alex. He was in 3:10 to Yuma and I was so happy when he was beaten to death because his character was such an ass. He's basically the same guy but in the present, so maybe he'll get his face smashed in again.  :-P

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #136 on: 15 May 2008, 21:49 »

I don't think the flash-forwards are about the ending. I think the end of this season will meet up with the current flash-forwards with next season being the return to the island to save the ones left behind.

Called it!

Sun is a fucking business badass, BTW.

Anyway, I have a small theory about what's going on (unfortunately, it's time travel crap):

A) Christian Shepard died in September in Australia. That's when he died and he stayed dead. However, that doesn't mean that he's not alive on the island right now. He could have gone forward in time, done everything he's doing now before he died, then jumped back and, possibly, the process killed him. Which brings me to

B) When he said move the island, he didn't mean to somewhere else on Earth. That would be noticed. That could be found. He meant to somewhen else. Backwards or, more likely, forwards in time. That's what the Orchid is. The Orchid Orientation video shows the rabbit bouncing backwards or forwards in time and that's what Locke's about to do to the island and everyone on it. I suspect Widmore's been waiting a long, long time for the island to reappear.
« Last Edit: 15 May 2008, 21:59 by Ozymandias »
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #137 on: 16 May 2008, 11:37 »

Wow, I think last nights episode was by far one of the most tense of the series SO much awesome/weird/crazy stuff. I don't want to wait two fucking weeks! Any one have ideas on how the next two seasons are going to work in terms of flashbacks/forwards ect.? One of my guesses is they'll start doing parallel story lines, one focusing on the Oceanic 6 maybe leading up to them trying to get back to the island and the other focusing on whoever is still alive on the island by the finale's end.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #138 on: 16 May 2008, 13:39 »

Well, I suspect if the second part of my theory is right, the distinction between flashback, flashforward, and concurrent is going to become a little blurry.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Symptom

• Plantmonster
« Reply #139 on: 25 May 2008, 10:30 »

did the season[4] just end with episode 12?
the poster formely known as gutyreader

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #140 on: 25 May 2008, 10:39 »

No.

Two hour season finale is on Thursday.
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #141 on: 29 May 2008, 20:08 »

Finale=HOLY SHIT!!!!

Hollow Press (my blog)

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #142 on: 29 May 2008, 20:15 »

Everybody remember:

That Octagon Global Recruitment ad is DEFINITELY going to be something important.
JON MADE ME GAY

pig nash

• Plantmonster
« Reply #143 on: 29 May 2008, 21:16 »

ARG.

KvP

• WoW gold miner on break
  • COME DOWN NOW
« Reply #144 on: 29 May 2008, 23:11 »

I review, sometimes.
Quote from: Andy
I love this vagina store!
Quote from: Andy
SNEAKY
I sneak that shit
And liek
OMG DICK JERK

CamusCanDo

• Curry sauce
« Reply #145 on: 30 May 2008, 05:04 »

Man, what?

Such a good episode, I'll post more later when I don't have to get up in 5 hours.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #146 on: 30 May 2008, 10:36 »

Major Spoilers:

I am absolutely convinced that Jin survived. Think about it:

*Jin has been blown off a boat before, quite probably almost as far off shore as this one. Anyone else remember the season one finale? Where we thought he was dead and then he turned up, bound by the Tailies calling them Others? The guy was raised in a fishing village. He swam there faster than Michael and Sawyer floated in.

*The explosion was below deck on the bridge end of the ship. He was on the far other side of the top deck. The explosion didn't reach that far. It's possible, even probable by the show's standards, that he was knocked clear of the deck by the explosion.

*Faraday's raft was en route to the freighter when it blew. It's quite possible that, upon seeing the explosion, the rafters keep going to make sure the freight's not salvageable. I wouldn't be surprised to see the season five premiere end with Faraday's group discovering Jin.

Given, this is mostly me hoping that one of my favorite characters survived. They've killed two important characters at once before (Ana Lucia and Libby), they've had situations where there was no body for weeks and then they confirmed it (Danielle and Karl) and they've killed off countless main characters. I'm still not convinced until I see a body or the producers say "he dead."
JON MADE ME GAY

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #147 on: 30 May 2008, 12:58 »

SPOILERS:

Well Michael might not be dead either. I mean, Walt obviously thought he was alive on the island, since he asked Hurley if Michael was one of the people they had to protect by keeping silent and Hurley confirmed it. Of course, they could just be being nice to Walt and sparing him the knowledge that his father is dead but I doubt it. Also, Christian told Michael he could go right before the boat exploded. What if Christian, who obviously can move around in space (teleportation?) can also move other people around in space? Either way, I think Michael might be alive. Jinn has to die at some point, however, since Hurley's and Sun's visit to the graveyard was definitely genuine. I'm not 100% convinced he died in the boat explosion but he'll die later on if he didn't. I actually didn't consider, at the time, that he might have even survived.

Also: Locke in the casket??? That floored me. I thought it might be Ben, but then that seemed to obvious. Then I thought it might be Desmond for some reason. The idea that it might be Claire was obviously thrown out with the Jeremy thing. I guess since the real Jeremy Benthem, the philosopher, was a big advocate of utilitarianism and legal reform, it kinda makes sense that Locke would be adopt that name. Still, I really wasn't expecting to see him in the casket and literally exclaimed something aloud when I did. Did anyone see that coming??

Hollow Press (my blog)

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #148 on: 30 May 2008, 13:18 »

I think it was pretty obvious Hurley was full of shit when he 'confirmed' it. Watch the scene again, he clearly looks uncomfortable when Walt asks him that question. In terms of the 'you can go' line, that one seemed pretty obvious to me: Tom had told Michael that the island would not let him die until it was finished with him, a fact that Ben later reiterated. I think it's pretty clear that 'you can go now' is Christian telling Michael he can finally die, as he wanted to all along. Christian, I'm convinced, is an apparition of some sort, not a legitimately tangible being.

In terms of Jin's having to die at some point, I think you missed the whole point. As far as Sun is concerned, Jin died on the freighter. That's what she saw and she's yet to be presented with evidence otherwise OFF the island. That doesn't confirm his demise in any way, shape or form, however. I'm banking that he either made it back to the island before it was moved (Clearly there's a perimeter to the island outside it's actual above ground portion, or it'd somehow leave stuff like the Looking Glass station behind), which Sun would have no way of knowing about, or he is in hiding off island so as not to contradict the Ocean Six's story. If he survived, but didn't meet up with them before the story got out, he likely couldn't bring himself to approach Sun, knowing that if they remained together it would out their story, dooming everyone, or ruin Sun's and Ji Yeon's lives as they'd need to go underground with him.
JON MADE ME GAY

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
« Reply #149 on: 30 May 2008, 14:57 »

Hmm good point. Your first point is definitely convincing so I think you're right. I guess I was just looking for potential ways we could be being fucked with a little too hard. As for point number two, I'm less convinced but it sounds plausible at least.

Hollow Press (my blog)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up