THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 06:04
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I made a fountain!  (Read 3284 times)

swiftfoxe

I made a fountain!
« on: 05 May 2007, 16:21 »

So this was an idea I had brewing in my head for several months. I wanted to start an herb garden, and I've also noticed that my kittens (Kwiquack & Cerulea) love running water. Thus, the inside fountain/herb garden idea. Since I don't have any natural sunlight coming to my apartment, I am using a 500 Watt metal halide ballast with a full spectrum bulb set on a timer. It's really wonderful having my own sunrise. The pump I got from an aquarium shop. The fountain consists of slate, marble, and sandstone, with lava and granite gravel for decoration. About 250 pounds (thank you Sandy)!

[img width= height=]http://www.unc.edu/~rwsnyder/Photo_011707_003.jpg[/img]

Barmymoo

• Mentat
Re: I made a fountain!
« Reply #1 on: 06 May 2007, 07:12 »

That looks pretty cool... I love small water features, not madly keen on outdoor ponds and things but little ones are amazing. My friend has a very small fountain that is basically a stack of pebbles with water running down them... yours is cooler :-)
There's this really handy "other thing" I'm going to write as a footnote to my abstract that I can probably explore these issues in. I think I'll call it my "dissertation."
Pages: [1]   Go Up