THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 00:38
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: splendour  (Read 2097 times)

anditsdiscontents

• Emoticontraindication
  • my SimCity's bigger than your SimCity
    • last.fm
splendour
« on: 14 May 2007, 03:26 »

So, uh... I'm not going to Splendour In The Grass (Australian music festival). Becuase $200 ticket + $130 camping ticket + the torturous ticket buying experience + 9hr train trip was a bit much for me.

mainly the money.

but i'm disappointed, because to be honest i'm a sucker for poppy new wave stuff, and i'm going to miss my favourite international band, Bloc Party, as well as a whole lot of scenester bands that i'm curious about (Klaxons, Hot Chip, !!!) and the rest of the not-at-all-bad lineup, the specific details of which i can't recall right now.

But, i like to torture myself and i'm procrastinating over writing an essay, so... who's going? who are you gonna see? how many times did that ticket countdown cycle thing reset itself? and have the promoters won the scalping war by charging ridiculous prices and making everyone register their names, or are the tickets on eBay already?
« Last Edit: 14 May 2007, 03:28 by anditsdiscontents »
Hey, it looks like I am irrevocably damned, I should probably get some dancing in.

valley_parade

• coprophage
Re: splendour
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2007, 09:11 »

Bloc Party got totally meh. =/

I don't know if I'd want to see them anymore.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2007, 09:30 »

I saw them about two months ago, and they didn't put on all that great a show.  You aren't missing much, not if they keep on playing like that.

godinpants

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
  • Jolly good show old bean.
    • Godinpants
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2007, 04:25 »

I thought splendour pretty much won out against scalpers last year with the birth date/id thing.

And that is way too much to pay.

Also, don't be telling me Bloc Party are crappy live, Im seeing them in august(think its then) they better pick up their act.
Or else ill be in a fist shaking mood.

Joseph

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2007, 06:47 »

The weren't crappy by any means, just not particularly exciting.  Could have been the choice of venue (it was shitty), but even then, they didn't seem fully into it.  Not after Final Fantasy, who opened, and always puts on a spectacular show.

anditsdiscontents

• Emoticontraindication
  • my SimCity's bigger than your SimCity
    • last.fm
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2007, 01:46 »

yeah... bloc party sold out in nothing flat, so despite being eighth in line at ticketek in the middle of sydney, the guy in front got tickets.

me and my friend are going to see the shins instead.
Hey, it looks like I am irrevocably damned, I should probably get some dancing in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up