THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 22:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lunar Knights  (Read 2560 times)

Narr

Lunar Knights
« on: 11 May 2007, 14:32 »

Picked up this gem for my DS once I got home from teh coll-edge.  It's very fun!  You play as either Lucian, this dark swordsman type dude, or Aaron, a "gunslinger".  It's technically the sequel to the Boktai GBA games, but they did away with the sun sensor.  Time and weather effects are now entirely in-game.  You can switch between the characters with select once you get to chapter 3 (which is, like, 1 and a half hours of gameplay, TOPS, if you're slow like me).

Gameplay itself is pretty fun.  It reminds me of a twist on the old Secret of Mana games.  Very fun.  I highly recommend it.

ScrambledGregs

Re: Lunar Knights
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2007, 19:23 »

I almost bought this during my last videogame buying binge, but Portrait of Ruin was too tempting to pass up. I plan on picking this up someday.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2007, 00:31 »

I own this game. I played it for a while but I wasn't completely blown away by it and when Puzzle Quest came out it more or less got abandoned.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2007, 21:01 »

I loved the first Boktai, didn't much care for the second one, so getting this was obvious to me.

Unfotunately there was nothing in it that could actually hold my interest for very long.  Hell, I don't even think I made it past the second dungeon before trading it in for store credit.

what was sort of un-needed in my opinion were the space parts of the game.

Narr

« Reply #4 on: 16 May 2007, 02:57 »

Honestly?  Wow.

I am having a blast with it.  It starts out kind of slow (the first two chapters are seriously a cake-walk) but it's picked up quite a bit.  I guess I just love me some hack-and-slash games.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #5 on: 16 May 2007, 23:29 »

I dunno. I guess I just felt the dungeons were too long and required too much backtracking.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there
Pages: [1]   Go Up