THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 10:54
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with postcards  (Read 2912 times)

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
Help with postcards
« on: 29 May 2007, 17:21 »

So, I'm making postcards for a few of my friends, one of which is in the navy. I'd like to draw something personal for each postcard(one of my friends has a podcast, I'm drawing something to do with that. Another one I took photography with, I'm drawing something for that), but I can't for the life of me think of what to draw for the one in the navy. He took a really awesome picture of an octopus, and I do love drawing them, so I'm thinking of drawing his picture, but I don't know. It seems a bit cheesy, and like I didn't put a whole lot of thought into it. Any suggestions?

Here's some facts about him:
We bonded over Joanna Newsom
He loves metal
He love science
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Fabric Softener

Re: Help with postcards
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2007, 07:22 »

I reckon you could just go with octopus if you want... Nothing wrong with cheese... and even then it's not really cheesy? just because you didnt think about something much doesn't make it any less awesome. In fact, thought is quite overrated. All the worlds greatest thinkers recommend against it. And beside, he may even be honoured or something along those lines by the fact that you have turned his photo into a drawing?

But maybe you secretly just don't want to draw an octopus and you are using the whole cheese thing as a cover for your octopus hating ways?!?!?! That's it! You're an octopus hater aren't you!

But putting your specist views aside  :-P  :lol:  :roll:

You could do some moshing metalrs going hard to some harp whilst scientists gather up the sweat to clone them to make a hoarde of metalheads? im not sure why they would want to do that? but you know what those crazy scientists are like!
Or you could make it less silly and more personal. And so you bonded over joanna newsom? how about you draw something relating to that connection? Or you could draw a picture of the two of you listening to it, Or you could draw a picture of the two of you watching a capsicum listening to joanna newsom... everybody loves capsicum. and you could both have lab coats on and watching the capsicum would be some crazy experiment in the name of SCIENCE!!! and somehow contributes to curing cancer.... or something useful like making chain capsicums grow  :|
Or you could just give him a postcard of scribble and say it's a conceptual postcard about childhood and fish
Or you could peel potatos until a good idea came?

And now I'm going to run away....
Pages: [1]   Go Up