THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 08:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sew cool (hurr)  (Read 4402 times)

Ally

sew cool (hurr)
« on: 02 Jun 2007, 11:59 »

I really like how American Apparel clothes look but I don't adore the company, obviously. I know that there are a lot of substitutes but for some reason I love the AA clothes more than any other company and this makes me sad, because I feel guilty buying them.

Today I found this pattern site that has clothes that are actually really similar stylistically. There aren't a lot of patterns there yet, but they are all fairly cheap (no more than three bucks, some things are free) and there are links to more similar sites. Plus the dresses are wicked cute. So I decided that this summer I'm going to start sewing again, a lot; I want cheap fabric and quick clothes that I can wear all the time. Not fancy stuff that I'm terrified that I'm going to ruin. Just... clothing.

Thing is, I'm not a fantastic seamstress - I'm pretty crafty in general but I haven't done this for ages. So help! What advice do any of you guys have? I have a few weeks before I really have time to sew, anyways.
« Last Edit: 02 Jun 2007, 12:18 by Ally »

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
Re: sew cool (hurr)
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jun 2007, 17:45 »

This is awesome! I'm so gonna buy some of these patterns.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

SeanTheFilmGuy

« Reply #2 on: 03 Jun 2007, 20:43 »

this is cool...but i am unsure of why there is the AA hating going on...who wants to fill ole sean in on the new politics?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #3 on: 03 Jun 2007, 20:45 »

I actually don't like the because the times that I've been in their stores the employees treated me like crap.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Valrus

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • moo hoo ha ha
« Reply #4 on: 04 Jun 2007, 05:50 »

this is cool...but i am unsure of why there is the AA hating going on...who wants to fill ole sean in on the new politics?

This comic is a decent primer; the CEO's name is Dov Charney and you can Google that name to get more info. I couldn't find a single comprehensive source for the controversy going on, but you won't have trouble finding a lot of information about it.
Quote from: Johnny C
Whatever you give up for Lent, it better not be your day job.

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
« Reply #5 on: 04 Jul 2007, 15:34 »

Someone tell me how to do this so I can make someone something.
Pages: [1]   Go Up