THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 09:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crochet help/Fancy crochet stitches  (Read 8662 times)

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
Crochet help/Fancy crochet stitches
« on: 05 Jun 2007, 13:17 »

I'm a very very beginning crocheter. I pretty much know how to just do the regular sticth. All I've made is a bag, and a little wrist cuff thing. I've never used a pattern. Pretty much if I want to make someting I just look at it, and make it. I learn pretty quickly.

But now I want to learn some fancy stitches. I know how to knit, and I can do some fancy sticthes with that, but they are very limited. I also don't like to knit as much as I do crochet, so I'd like to learn more crocheting stuff.

I want to do these stitches.
http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=30983&vid=652

Anybody know how? Or know of any good sites with fancy stitches, or any books I should pick up?

Thanks
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

yelley

• The Neighbor of the Beast
  • i believe in knitting.
    • it's peanut butter yelley time
Re: Crochet help/Fancy crochet stitches
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2007, 11:55 »

can't make out the stitching on the top part, but the bottom of the tank is done in shell stitch.

http://crochet.about.com/library/blsolidshell.htm

as for books, i really recommend stitch n bitch the happy hooker by debbie stoller for great instructions for beginning crocheters and really nice patterns to get you started.

yay ^_^
Quote from: tommy
you do lurk below the surface of the forum, emerging occasionally to pluck a young man from our ranks before plunging back into the murky depths from whence you came
Quote from: J0n
You are pretty totally creepshow, yelley
Pages: [1]   Go Up