THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 08:00
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe CS3 stuff.  (Read 9790 times)

imapiratearg

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Oh thanks. They're not mine.
    • http://www.myspace.com/superpunkdout
Adobe CS3 stuff.
« on: 12 Jun 2007, 21:15 »

Is it any good?  I'm downloading a trial version of Dreamweaver CS3.  Any opinions?  Are the serial codes generally all the same formula or whatever mathematical thing that generates the random sequence of numbers that is unique to Adobe products from program to program and Creative Suite to Creative Suite?

Does anyone understand what I'm rambling about?

celticgeek

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
  • Linux Geek
    • The Celtic Geek
Re: Adobe CS3 stuff.
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2007, 21:22 »

Sorry, I'm a Linux type.
a 'dèanamh nan saighdean airson cinneadh MacLeòid
We Wear Woad When We Write Code
Ní féidir liom labhairt na Gaeilge.
Seachd reultan, agus seachd clachan, agus aon chraobh geal.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2007, 21:31 »

[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Scytale

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2007, 00:43 »

Don't waste your money on it use the GIMP instead (I'm also a Linux user)

Catfish_Man

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
    • Assorted Stuff
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jun 2007, 02:38 »

Photoshop CS3 is pretty rockin'

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jun 2007, 07:17 »

The only thing I know about added to CS3 over CS2 is the built-in previewer for 3D models. As a 3D artist, I'm pretty jazzed about that.

HFrankenstein

• Emoticontraindication
  • El Bueno!!
    • Hindrances to Progress
« Reply #6 on: 13 Jun 2007, 07:56 »

The only thing I know about added to CS3 over CS2 is the built-in previewer for 3D models.

Don't forget that the Mac version is now Universal, also. BIG boon for me. CS2 under Rosetta was killing me.
Hindrances to Progress Games to get in the way of your dreams!

jeph

• Administrator
  • Duck attack survivor
  • MON DIEU!
    • Questionable Content
« Reply #7 on: 13 Jun 2007, 10:38 »

Don't waste your money on it use the GIMP instead

hahahaha

hahahaha

hahahaha

HAHAHAHAH
A
Deathmole Jacques' head takes up the bottom half of the panel, with his words taking up the top half. He is not concerned about the life of his friend.

HFrankenstein

• Emoticontraindication
  • El Bueno!!
    • Hindrances to Progress
« Reply #8 on: 13 Jun 2007, 10:50 »

HAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, seriously, I'm all for open source, I think it's good for innovation, but I have never come across an open source application that wasn't morbidly difficult to use. It's a product of having dozens of disconnected hobbyists working on a project: no cohesion. The application comes out looking like it was glued together from hundreds of tiny pieces all manufactured by factories in different countries with different measuring systems.

EDIT: With wars constantly breaking out between those countries.

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #9 on: 13 Jun 2007, 11:42 »

Yeah, that Firefox browser that everyone keeps raving about is awful. And the same goes for Linux. Worst OS ever.
Internet sarcasm aside, I do prefer Photoshop over GIMP, mainly because of the unified interface, which I find is much nicer to use than the GIMP interface. Basically, if I'm doing art, it just makes sense if the damned program is pretty.

HFrankenstein

• Emoticontraindication
  • El Bueno!!
    • Hindrances to Progress
« Reply #10 on: 13 Jun 2007, 12:18 »

Yeah, that Firefox browser that everyone keeps raving about is awful. And the same goes for Linux. Worst OS ever.

Sarcasm noted and delicious. :laugh:

The thing with Firefox and Linux, though, is that the source control on those projects is ferocious, at least compared to other open source projects. It's comparable to the source control found in corporate settings, oftentimes surpassing it. I would be surprised, however, to find such hardcore control in suites like GIMP or Eclipse.

imapiratearg

« Reply #11 on: 13 Jun 2007, 14:12 »

Who said I was paying money?  *cough chough*  I don't think I'll be able to do that this time around though.  Too many viruses on the interwebs, and I'm too damn lazy.

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #12 on: 13 Jun 2007, 22:34 »

CS3 is nice, and a definite step-up from CS2. Most of the extra features fall into categories that texture artists will fawn over, thanks to a variety of new plug-ins, and built-in support for 3DS Max and Milkshape Pro. One point that really irritates me is that it demands more of my computer than CS2, forcing me to dump 1.8gb of RAM to make creating new images take under 10 seconds.

Also, Adobe has upped the security yet again, with probably the most comprehensive coding behind its serial numbers used today. It ain't no ROT13, that's for sure, and from the brief research I did on the subject for a nerd-essay, it seems there aren't too many successful hacks on the market, probably thanks to more legal downloads and a much larger database needed to work from. As surprised as I am to say this, Adobe seems to be curbing illegal copies quite efficiently this time around, although I'm sure that if you looked hard enough, you'd find something eventually.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Scytale

« Reply #13 on: 14 Jun 2007, 00:48 »

Well if your going to pirate it by all means. Go ahead. I know a lot of people (Mainly uni students) who are some how inspired to trying to do amateur art, music recording, Website design or whatever and waste a tonne of money on apps like Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Cubase etc. They use it for about 2 months get bored and then move on. Reeks of a horrible waste to me.

Hell if your using it professionally like Jeph maybe it is better, if you don't need it and only have a passing curiosity, you're wasting your money. Stick to something thats free.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #14 on: 14 Jun 2007, 14:54 »

Actually, CS3 has been giving me a lot of crap recently. It isn't even happy to eat away at 1.8gbs of my RAM: it wants moar. I'd actually roll back if it was an option at this point: too bad Adobe stopped serving CS2 the second their new version came out.
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

HFrankenstein

• Emoticontraindication
  • El Bueno!!
    • Hindrances to Progress
« Reply #15 on: 14 Jun 2007, 15:27 »

Actually, CS3 has been giving me a lot of crap recently. It isn't even happy to eat away at 1.8gbs of my RAM: it wants moar. I'd actually roll back if it was an option at this point: too bad Adobe stopped serving CS2 the second their new version came out.

That's how much memory I have, too (2 gigs), and I'm only even giving PS access to 1.5 gigs, and I'm not having any problems at all. What are the specs for the rest of your machine?

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #16 on: 14 Jun 2007, 16:19 »

It's a C2D E6600 at 2.4ghz, with an Asus P5W-DH DX motherboard. What irks me is that it worked properly for maybe an hour, and then defaulted to being whorishly slow. I've even tried moving my picture directory, to no avail.

EDIT: It's working right now, but I'm almost positive it won't in an hour's time.

imapiratearg

« Reply #17 on: 14 Jun 2007, 20:09 »

Holy fuck.  If it takes that much RAM then fuck it.  I only have 512mb.   :'[

HFrankenstein

• Emoticontraindication
  • El Bueno!!
    • Hindrances to Progress
« Reply #18 on: 15 Jun 2007, 09:46 »

Holy fuck.  If it takes that much RAM then fuck it.  I only have 512mb.   :'[

Yowch. How old is your computer? I can't imagine buying a machine with less than 2 gigs today. Maybe 1 gig in a purely business notebook to take on the road with me.

imapiratearg

« Reply #19 on: 17 Jun 2007, 10:53 »

I bought it a couple years ago.  I'm aware it's severely outdated already.  I'm upgrading the RAM.  Can you remove and replace all the sticks of RAM without losing or corrupting files?  I have a fear of swapping all my RAM out and completely fucking up  my system.

Lazer

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • PIZZA TIME
« Reply #20 on: 17 Jun 2007, 21:45 »

Don't waste your money on it use the GIMP instead

hahahaha

hahahaha

hahahaha

HAHAHAHAH
A[/i]

That's what I said. But seriously though, Photoshop CS3 is the shit, I do graphic art on a fairly regular basis and I'd have to say the significant amount of lag reduction is a godsend. When you're working with 20+ layers in CS2 it's pretty much a given that your machine is going to putter to an ass grinding halt, CS3 doesn't seem to have that much of a problem with it.

As for Melodic getting the ram munchies from CS3, sucks to be you dude. It is new software so I'm assuming there'll be bugs in it involving memory leaks and what not.

Melodic

• archive chin panties
« Reply #21 on: 17 Jun 2007, 23:33 »

It comes and goes, so I assume it's a problem running a dual-core processor, as it likes to feed of of only one, which fucks with most of my other apps being bounced from CPU to CPU.

I do agree with multi-layer work, though. It also seems to run much more smoothly while applying certain effects. It's definitely streamlined.

HFrankenstein

• Emoticontraindication
  • El Bueno!!
    • Hindrances to Progress
« Reply #22 on: 18 Jun 2007, 09:26 »

I bought it a couple years ago.  I'm aware it's severely outdated already.  I'm upgrading the RAM.  Can you remove and replace all the sticks of RAM without losing or corrupting files?  I have a fear of swapping all my RAM out and completely fucking up  my system.

Memory is independent of hard drive data. As soon as you turn off your computer, your RAM completely empties out because it needs to have power supplied to it in order to store anything. So, yes, you can swap in new memory without hurting anything (unless you end up with seriously bad memory that manages to eff up your machine).

hypeserver

« Reply #23 on: 29 Jun 2007, 08:37 »

Haha you're a funny person you know that? Free software as good as photoshop. Anyway the gimp is good but it doesn't top photoshop. If you didn't look at prices be prepared to drop $600 U.S. on CS3 and to drop a nuke on your wallet.

dennis

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • A sockful of quarters makes the medicine go down.
    • Lies! Truth!
« Reply #24 on: 05 Aug 2007, 23:24 »

Dreamweaver CS3 is a definite improvement over Dreamweaver 8.

They've gotten rid of a lot of irritating bugs like DW thinking you edited your template when you really didn't, etc.

Acrobat is still a travesty and I uninstalled it. Adobe Crashobat more like.

imapiratearg

« Reply #25 on: 06 Aug 2007, 08:08 »

Yeah, I have a trial of Dreamweaver.  I haven't used it yet, but it looks a lot nicer.

The Cheesinator

• Plantmonster
« Reply #26 on: 07 Aug 2007, 20:02 »

I have a pirated copy of CS3 sitting on my desk. I don't really want to upset whatever delicate balance I maintain on my laptop, so I'm settling for my pirated/installed copy of CS2. All the custom brushes on DeviantART can be used in CS2, so, I cannot complain.
This calls for a thumbs up.

azgarth

« Reply #27 on: 17 Aug 2007, 16:01 »

since i can't seem to find the rules here, can anyone tell me if it's allowed to post warez sites? if so, i've got one or two that will make sure you dont get any trojans or related whatsoever, and still get what you need, direct download, so no mess about torrents(with torrents there's always torrentz.com ofcourse, and for ftp there's [url=http://search.ftphost.net/indexer/search.aspx]napalm ftp inderxer, but still...)

anyway, i like CS3, not that heavy into image editing, but it starts up pretty fast(just a few secs, really fast compared to cs2, granted, i have a nice pc, but cs2 was just rediculous in load times), though if i'd want to use free software, i'd either use the gimp or PAINT.NET(no, not paint, i'm not THAT horrible).
Pages: [1]   Go Up