Fun Stuff > BAND

Let's talk choral music.

<< < (2/17) > >>

ampersandwitch:
This is more a choral setting with background orchestra, so less of a "choir" feel, and more of an orchestral one, but I love Williams' work, "Serenade to Music,"  which basically a dreamy melange of Shakespeare's works set to great, ethereal melodies.  It's a trip.

Stefan Autsa:
The Gyütö Monks.

Liz:
Most of the choral music I have is from my high school choir, so I'll share a couple of those first. We were not that great. Good for a high school of our size, but whatever.

Full choir: Give Us Hope
Chamber choir: In This Very Room

Otherwise, here is a song by a men's choir from my college. They are good.

Uberkor: Ave Maria

Will:
Oh, man, IO...Cloudburst is SUCH a fun piece to perform! I did it once in high school and then again in college. It's an incredibly powerful piece.

I was always a big fan of the gospel pieces that Moses Hogan arranged. This thread has now made me all nostalgiac for the days when I was in chorus, and I will go remember fondly. Back later, guys!

sombrasoubrette:
I've been lurking for awhile and I joined for this thread. OH MY GOD ERIC WHITACRE. Our school's Chamber Choir (which I just found out I got into, hehee) does a piece by him every year. This past it was Leonardo Dreams of his Flying Machine, which is really hard. A recording of them at Heritage Festival in Chicago:  http://kit.kitkorp.com/archives/festivalmp3s/choral/chamberchoir.mp3 (there's another song first but it's very quick)

I've been doing choral music for several years now. Last year I did the Messiah, but I'm not so into Handel or baroque because it has the sickening tendency to all sound the same. I also sang the Durufle and Faure requiems, but my favourite big classical work to sing was one of Mozart's missa brevises (don't remember which). My school choir has a more modern tint to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version