THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 18:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: On the radio...  (Read 2984 times)

MlKE

On the radio...
« on: 10 Aug 2007, 10:48 »

yesterday, I heard Trust Company. For the first time in at least four years.

I somehow remembered every word to the song "Downfall".

when I was a freshman in high school, I absolutely loved the song. I still like it.

So, what songs have taken you on a stroll down memory lane, upon hearing it on the radio?

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
Re: On the radio...
« Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2007, 10:56 »

Not so much on the radio, but while driving home for the weekend my sister and I found a CD in my car that had stuff like Savage Garden, Sarah McLaughlin, and Next on it. It was a smashing good time.
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Lotus

« Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2007, 10:57 »

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" sends me back a ways.  Not even for nostalgic purposes do I turn up that song in the car.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #3 on: 10 Aug 2007, 10:58 »

I found both of The Toadies cds in the trunk of my friends car. It was pretty sweet. It got me into those guys all over again.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

MlKE

« Reply #4 on: 10 Aug 2007, 11:05 »

The same radio station that played Trust Company yesterday, plays the Toadies' "Possum Kingdom" on pretty regular rotation. I probably hear it once every few days.

Kai

• ASDFSFAALYG8A@*& ^$%O
« Reply #5 on: 10 Aug 2007, 14:16 »

I was cleaning my room and I found a mix cd I received from Robbo on these here forums about 3 or so years ago. grindcore and black metal galore. It was good memories time!

Sometimes I put on albums for memory purposes and then realize why I stopped listening to them.
but the music sucks because the keyboards don't have the cold/mechanical sound they had but a wannabe techno sound that it's pathetic for Rammstein standars.

clarerose

« Reply #6 on: 10 Aug 2007, 15:01 »

pretty much anything by counting crows.

i threw in "recovering the satelittles" a few days ago, and it hasnt left since.

thenosebleedkid

« Reply #7 on: 10 Aug 2007, 16:28 »

t work there is an extensive collection of 90's pop playing, takes me back. Spice Girls, The Corrs, randoms whose name or song name I can't remember but I do know all the lyrics.

SeanBateman

« Reply #8 on: 10 Aug 2007, 17:04 »

I hate regina spector.

Except that one song

teh pwn queen

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Capiam vos in obscurum
    • Just fucking click it
« Reply #9 on: 10 Aug 2007, 20:21 »

A lot of those pop/alt rock songs between 95-98 do that for me.  Very impressionable time in my life.  Also being that I moved around a lot I associate songs I listened to to the area which I lived.  Like, when I hear Dishwalla's counting blue cars or smashing pumpinks 1979 I really remember how I felt during those Maryland springs.
I haven't logged in on the forum in literally 10 years and my website URL was still my MySpace profile...

MlKE

« Reply #10 on: 12 Aug 2007, 12:54 »

quite possibly one of the greatest songs ever written came from that time.. "Hey Jealousy" by Gin Blossoms. it reminds me more of my brother, than anything, because he grew up listening to the 90s alternative bands, and I heard them by just being around him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up