THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Apr 2024, 09:11
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feeler for selling my Nintendo Wii  (Read 5832 times)

will: wanton sex god

• Cthulhu f'tagn
Feeler for selling my Nintendo Wii
« on: 17 Oct 2007, 07:02 »

I'm only selling because I have sorta differentish interests now. Also super smash bros brawl is delayed till february.

Anyway,

I've got a Wii with 2 remotes, 2 nunchucks, 1 classic controller, a gamecube controller, (i can throw in some gamecube games) resident evil 4, zelda, super monkey ball, and wii sports, a 1GB SD card, and i can throw in some rechargalbe energizer batteries (rechargables have come a long way since I was a kid, these last as long as regular batteries.)

I have a shit ton of virtual console games, and for the most part, these are the games you want.  I've been gaming for a long time, so my selection, if I may say so, is pretty good!

NES: (were 5 bucks each)
Adventures of Lolo
Ice Hockey
Punch-Out!!
Super Mario Bros

SNES: (were 8 bucks each)
Breath of Fire II
Diddy's Kong Quest
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Street Fighter II
Super Mario World
Super Metroid

N64: (were 10 bucks each)
Mario Kart 64
Paper Mario
Sin & Punishment (was actually 12, due to localization)
Star Fox 64
Super Mario 64
Yoshi's Story

Genesis (were 8 bucks each)
Gunstar Heroes
Shing in the Darkness
Shining Force
Streets of Rage 2
Streets of Rage 3
Wonderboy in Monster World

Turbo Grafix (6 bucks each)
Bloody Wolf
Bomber Man 93
Neutopia II
R-Type
World Class Baseball

Neo Geo (9 bucks each)
Art of Fighting

Yeah, 215 dollars in virtual console games.
250 for a wii
50 each for monkey ball and zelda
30 for resident evil 4
40 for a wiimote, 20 for the nuchuck, 20 for the classic controller
50ish for he SD card.

So yeah, that puts it at over 700 dollars. Everything is used, but in pristine condition. i take care of my shit. Anyhow, i'm not really in a hurry to sell at all, but if i get a reasonable enough offer i'll probably let it go for a lot less than 700.  Send me a PM.

P.S. I asked a mod if i could post this before I did, so suggit.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
Re: Feeler for selling my Nintendo Wii
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2007, 07:14 »

Selling it now, used, after sinking so much money into it already is really just a horrible idea. Used, you'll be lucky to get even half your money back. You really killed the resale potential by buying all those VC games. No one's going to pay much of anything extra for a bunch of extra VC games they may or may not even be interested in.

Just sack up and wait for Smash Bros. It's all of an extra two months. The only reason to sell it at such an inevitable loss would be if you were absolutely desperate for the money.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2007, 07:27 »

One thing I don't need is people coming in to tell me how much I will or won't get.  I'd prefer if people omitted their opinions on my selling price or the likelihood of me getting any real money, and simply not post.  Thanks for the advice, but I'm staying optimistic.  a) alot of those VC games are good, b) i didnt expect to get it back either, but felt a retail reference point was a good idea.

If i really find myself wanting smash when it comes out maybe ill get a wii again then, right now i want a bike.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2007, 08:15 »

Okay, this is a forum. You'd do well to remember that. It's not ebay or Craigslist or the WantAds. Expect to deal with opinions on all ranges of the spectrum and don't be an uptight dick about responses you don't care for.

Beyond that, you just completely fucking contradicted yourself. You don't need people telling you how much you will or won't get, yet you're putting out "feelers" for selling the damn thing. How the mods okayed this is beyond me as it's barely a step above spam to begin with, but don't be a prick about it.
JON MADE ME GAY

ackblom12

« Reply #4 on: 17 Oct 2007, 08:50 »

To be quite honest, asking for $700 is pretty ridiculous no matter how "pristine" the console is. The fact is it's used. You're gonna have to end up losing $200 - $300 unless it's someone you know personally.

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #5 on: 17 Oct 2007, 10:35 »

I don't feel like I'm being a dick.  I feel like if you're not goign to buy it then don't but saying "hey you can get that much" is just sort of pointless.  At best it does nothing, at worst it gets me less money, which I can't see how that would hurt you.

To ackblom12: i certanly don't expect 700.  If it seems that way, it's that my wording is off.  Again, 700+ is what I PERSONALLY spent for all that, not even close to what i think i WILL get for it.

I mean to directly quote form my post " I'll probably let it go for a lot less than 700"
I'm curious as to what kinda offers I'll be getting.  I wansn't meaning to be a dick to you, obsessions, but since you all you did is say "hay thats not worth that much" and not even bother with a guess at how much it's worth/how much youd spend on it, I feel like you were the one being unhelpful :)

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #6 on: 17 Oct 2007, 10:50 »

Used, you'll be lucky to get even half your money back.

Honest answer, honest assesment. $350 would be pushing it and to get that, you'd need to find an ideal customer who's looking for most of the games you dumped cash into the VC for anyway. I'd say $300 is the likely amount, as anything more than that and most sensible people would rather just buy one new. Otherwise, you'd be pretty much unconscionably fleecing someone and you don't even deserve good advice.

You asked for opinions and I gave one, one that equates to pretty sound advice. Whether you enjoyed what I had to say or not, it's something I'd recommend heeding. You're saying that if you really want SSBB later then you'll just buy another one. If that's the case, it's an outright idiotic idea to sell it in the first place. Look at the math:

You've spent over $700 already, but as it is, you've got a Wii with a lot of VC games going for it. You've at least gotten something out of your money.
If you sell it, you'll get, at most, half of that back, bringing you to $350 in the hole with absolutely nothing at all to show for it.
A Wii price drop is likely close to another year off at their current pace, so if you buy a new one for Brawl, that's another $250 to spend, minimum, putting you $600 in the hole and lacking all of those VC games you spent good money on.

Fiscally speaking, selling the thing at this juncture with how much money you've sunk into it is nothing but a money pit and the basic equivelant of taking about $1,000 and throwing it right down the shitter. If that sounds reasonable to you, I'd recommend you stay the fuck out of the stock market, for your own good.

Instead of throwing a way a piece of equipment you'll very likely end up either replacing later or regretting the sale of, save up for the bike. Otherwise, you're sacrificing long term value for short term and impatient gratification. This should be common sense.
JON MADE ME GAY

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #7 on: 17 Oct 2007, 11:39 »

I guess we'll see what the offers are vs waht you think they'll be.  I kinda haven't gotten any yet.

jmrz

• Beyoncé
  • zomg pale
    • flickr
« Reply #8 on: 19 Oct 2007, 17:18 »

I agree with everything that Obsessions has said. The fact that you have not yet had any offers is indicative of a few things:
a) that the price you are looking at, whether it be $700 or not, is unrealistic.
b) the console is USED. People don't tend to like buying used consoles for a variety of reasons.

Honestly, I would suggest that you keep it. For you to sell it, along with all the VC games that you have spent all this money on, seems to be a huge waste of your time and funds. It would work out better for you, economically to keep it and wait for the games you want to be released. Selling it now isn't really going to help you.
Quote from: Daniel on Gabbly
princy, this is the time to think with your vagina
Quote from: Iananan on Gabbly
nipples are deactivated at birth, to prevent misfires and accident

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #9 on: 19 Oct 2007, 17:57 »

I agree with everything that Obsessions has said.

That's just redundant. There's really no point in people saying they agree with me considering I'm always right.
JON MADE ME GAY

MC

• Furry furrier
« Reply #10 on: 19 Oct 2007, 22:29 »

I say it's stupid to sell in general. I have sold many game consoles in the past and I regret every single instant as I tend to miss the games very much. If you honestly wanna sell, FIRST put your game console in the closest for 2 weeks and see if you miss it or not. to be honest? Maybe you just need a break......

Melodic

• Only pretending to work
  • archive chin panties
« Reply #11 on: 19 Oct 2007, 22:55 »

You're going to sell a Wii you already own, BEFORE Super Smash Bros Brawl comes out? The hell ass?
And if you played too hard it'd flop out and dangle around by the wire and that is just super ugly

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #12 on: 20 Oct 2007, 00:37 »

And don't forget Super Mario Galaxy.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #13 on: 20 Oct 2007, 23:48 »

I just dont play videogames as much as i used to.

And for maybe the fourth time?  700 isn't meant to be really around what I expect to get, it's just an idea of how much the buyer is potentially getting.  I don't assume to sell my shit for how much is currently costs to buy new. (even though wii is still sold out in my area at least)  Brawl looks pretty fun and stuff, and so does Mario Galaxy, but I just don't know if it's worth it.  Sure I'd be "losing" money, but right now I feel like I'm losing considering I don't USE my wii very often, aka it's value to me is near zero.  So really I'm just getting some money back, and trying to cut losses before the games I have are outdated, or the Wii drops in price.  You guys don't really seem to get that I don't play the Wii much, not that I've really mentioned it.  Glaxy and SBB are two fo the games I was waiting for, but really I'd be spending 100 bucks just to try to have fun with my Wii which i haven't really been lately.  I donno, i think im just past playing a lot of videogames now.  I'd rather take the loss, but still use that money toward something I actually would have fun with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up