THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 16 Apr 2024, 00:28
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resident Evil 4 - Wii  (Read 39235 times)

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
Re: Resident Evil 4 - Wii
« Reply #50 on: 15 Jul 2007, 16:45 »

I'm at the bit in the castle where essentially I am under siege from about one hundred billion cultists.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #51 on: 15 Jul 2007, 16:47 »

Hiding behind the metal plate does NOT work in the Wii version, apparently.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #52 on: 15 Jul 2007, 16:48 »

Essentially what you need to do is hustle up the ladder, run to the other side of the bit up top, jump down, blast the asshole a couple of times, run up to the ladder, repeat. Aim, if necessary, for the couple of explosive barrels in the area. It's a bitch but it gets the job done.

Also, his legs drop money if I'm not mistaken. Free money!

Hunter

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #53 on: 15 Jul 2007, 18:06 »

I'm at the bit in the castle where essentially I am under siege from about one hundred billion cultists.
Snipe Snipe Snipe.
Last night some one woke me up at 3 in the morning wearing a scary clown face and threatening me with a round of naked sit ups.

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #54 on: 15 Jul 2007, 18:36 »

Last time I holed myself up in a room in the basement. This turned out to be a terrible idea. There's a hole in the ceiling and they just jump down atcha!

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #55 on: 15 Jul 2007, 19:19 »

as long as you have shotgun ammo you should be fine
It seems you've hit upon my problem.

Hunter

« Reply #56 on: 15 Jul 2007, 23:36 »

Ahhh, I thought you were outside the castle with the fiery rock crashing around you. My bad.

Use the shot gun only for the people with the shields. Use the pistol for people with maces.  Knife everyone else or use grenades.  Keep the rifle ammo yeah...
Last night some one woke me up at 3 in the morning wearing a scary clown face and threatening me with a round of naked sit ups.

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #57 on: 16 Jul 2007, 00:16 »

Knife sounds good. I'm also nearly out of pistol ammo.

I don't know how it happened really.

Hunter

« Reply #58 on: 16 Jul 2007, 00:33 »

Take advantage of the suplex, too. 

Shoot cultist in the knee; run up and press A to smash their head.

wraithzero

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #59 on: 16 Jul 2007, 02:01 »

Using the back room is key, if only because it has a door.
You can either wait until they knock it open, then shoot someone in the head, kick them all back, then retreat and repeat (keeping an eye open for anyone dropping in from the ceiling, but there aren't many, and you should be able to deal with them so long as you notice them).
Or you can let one get through the door before you knock the rest back, leaving you free to take him out (either headshot-kick-knife on the floor, or legshot-knife/suplex).
Once the enemies die down, head out and see if you can lure any more back after you.  Finally, take out the archers from under one of the balconies, so you can shoot down any arrows they fire at you, and not have to worry about the other one.

Another tip to remember is that the game remembers who you've killed in a room, so if you head back to the previous area, next time you enter you'll set a new checkpoint to reappear when you die, and the guys you killed will stay dead.  It's cheap, but it also means you can backtrack and save before dealing with the next point.

As for the next section you should be saving your rifle ammo for, you can get by with the pistol, especially on Wii.  The enemies are pretty weak, and if you aim at the legs, you'll keep knocking them down so they can't bother you.  This also leaves you able to notice anyone charging for you.

---

On another note, anyone got any tips for The Mercenaries?  I five-starred the village with Leon no problem, and I want to get all his levels out of the way before I move on to the fun characters.  Waterworld keeps kicking my ass though, a combination of Super-Neo-Ultra-Chainsaw Man, archers who stun me so I can't shotgun him before he decaps me, and the guy with the rocket launcher.
Actions speak louder than words, especially if you have a giant moon laser.

Quote from: Tearon
There's something really freakish about you, ya know that? In a good way.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #60 on: 16 Jul 2007, 06:59 »

Yeah, the back room with the hole is really the absolute best spot to fight. Basically run your ass in there and you'll be fine if you have patience. With all the drops, I actually left that area with more ammo than I came in with. Basically stand to the back corner and go nuts with the handgun. If a shielded ganado comes in, bust out the shotgun or the rifle and aim for the head. The rifle is high powered enough that you'll usually fire right through the shield and get the headshot. If there's multiple shild guys, drop down an incindiery grenade, that'll burn up the shields. Make sure you save some rifle ammo, as you need it for sniping in the next part with Ashley running a crank.

In terms of Mendez, don't waste a flash grenade, it's pointless. He moves way too slow in his first form for it to be a concern. Basically as soon as the fight starts, 180 and head up the ladder at the far end and turn around. Arm your handgun and aim at the barrel. Blow it when he walks by, run around the right and drop down by the door. Wait for him to approach and lob incendiary grenades at him. If you got him with the barrel, three should do it. From there, this is the only time I'll advocate the TMP's use. Rail him with it until he drops, then toss any non-Flash grenades you might have while he's on the ground. You should be able to kill his second form with under 100 rounds.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

wraithzero

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #61 on: 16 Jul 2007, 07:13 »

There's a good video on Youtube for dealing with Mendez.  No damage, no difficult tactics, and his strat focuses on using the least ammo, and only causing the exact damage needed, so there's no waste.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsU-RY4JtTI

The sound is really bad though, so kill your speakers before clicking on that link.

Johnny C

• Mentat
« Reply #62 on: 16 Jul 2007, 09:08 »

That's actually been my strategy. Plus I've been upgrading my handgun so it's a lot more powerful now. Like, the power is at 1.6 I think, which is enough to actually punch holes in the riot-ganados' shields.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #63 on: 16 Jul 2007, 11:48 »

I think they may have taken for granted how many people entered the series with this one on the quick-turn manuever. That's been implemented since the third one (Which, despite the numbering of this installment, was like eight years and three games ago).
JON MADE ME GAY

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #64 on: 16 Jul 2007, 11:57 »

While we're on the subject of installments of the series, Capcom did show a trailer for RE5 at the Sony and Microsoft press conferences at E3 last week. Of course, they're giving a big fat 'TBA' for release date for it. The common guess is holiday season 2008, but it could be a 2009 game for all we know. It seems Capcom isn't a fan of rushing them out, considering the gap between 3 and 4 and now this possible 4-year gap between 4 and 5. Still, considering how scary this 2-year-old game is, I can only imagine what these designers will be able to pull off on the 360 and PS3 hardware when that game finally hits shelves. The only thing that you can really tell from the trailer is that this one will apparently take place in Haiti instead of Spain. You see a little girl in the process of turning into a zombie and she starts bleeding from the eyes and shit, it's pretty freaky.
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2007, 19:12 by Storm Rider »

ackblom12

« Reply #65 on: 16 Jul 2007, 19:31 »

Actually, Separate Ways does definitely tell you a lot more about Ada as a character. You learn about her motivations and about other things that are likely to have an impact in later games.

Also, I wanna know what the hell Wesker is doing with Shelly Birkin.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #66 on: 16 Jul 2007, 19:36 »

What I want to know is didn't Wesker die at least twice before this game?

Seriously, is he the fucking Terminator or something?

ackblom12

« Reply #67 on: 16 Jul 2007, 19:50 »

Yup, he's "died" once, in the first game when the Tyrant got ahol dof him. He wasn't seen again until Code Veronica where he showed off some of his powers by beating the ever loving crap out of Chris.

He also has a sample of the T-Virus, G-Virus and the Nemesis parasite. He's got all the tools for a very very nasty worldwide comeback.

He also has Shirley Berkin from RE2 in captivity. He knows there is something very odd about her, and judging from the mental instability of her father, she's probably got a genetic purpose involving once of the viruses.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #68 on: 16 Jul 2007, 20:25 »

Speaking of Chris, the guy shown in the RE5 trailer does look quite a bit like him, although Inafune will not confirm whether or not it is in fact him. Apparently some employees from the recently deceased Clover Studio stayed with Capcom and are among the staff working on Resident Evil 5 and Umbrellla Chronicles.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #69 on: 17 Jul 2007, 06:51 »

Yup, he's "died" once, in the first game when the Tyrant got ahol dof him. He wasn't seen again until Code Veronica where he showed off some of his powers by beating the ever loving crap out of Chris.

He also has a sample of the T-Virus, G-Virus and the Nemesis parasite. He's got all the tools for a very very nasty worldwide comeback.

He also has Shirley Berkin from RE2 in captivity. He knows there is something very odd about her, and judging from the mental instability of her father, she's probably got a genetic purpose involving once of the viruses.

There's also the option of Wesker escaping if you save Barry in Jill's scenario in the original. In the very original, you would then find him beheaded by a Chimaira in the power room, but I believe they removed that for the remake in order to keep it consistant with CV.

Aside from the T and G viruses and the parasite, he also has at the least a sample of the Plagas parasite (Acquired in 4) and possibly the T-Veronica Virus and the Proginator virus (As seen in RE 0).

The purpose of Sherry has nothing to do with her father's mental instability, as he's never really been shown to be overall unstable (The only reason he injected himself with the G-Virus was that he was bleeding out after being shot multiple times in the chest). The use of Sherry is in that she has developed an immunity to the G-Virus after being injected with the antidote at the end of 2 after being infected by her father. Her blood and DNA would seem to be very important in the G-Virus research.
JON MADE ME GAY

ackblom12

« Reply #70 on: 17 Jul 2007, 09:36 »

Well, thing is they released a collection of story movies for RE called the Wesker Files a few years ago, around the time of Code Veronica if I remember right. Wesker mentions specifically that he finds something very odd about Sherry after he's captured her, and I can't imagine it's just the fact that she had the vaccine. I have no doubt he would have already known that and the possibilities that involves.

Concerning William Berkin, he was considered extremely paranoid even before the whole G-Virus incident as well as a very unsettling lack of interest in other's lives even in the early years of his and Wesker's professional relationship. Part of the whole reason him and Wesker got along so well.

*Spoilers*

Actually, in Seperate Ways it becomes questionable that he acquired a Plagas sample. He might have a regular plagas sample, but he definitely didn't acquire a Master Plagas.

*End Spoiler*

ackblom12

« Reply #71 on: 17 Jul 2007, 22:05 »

Honestly, the easiest way to kill Saddler is the knife. You waggle to slash him, and the method of dodging his close up attack is to waggle, and you have a good 4 or 5 seconds to run back up to hi and slash him a few more times. It's the easiest boss fight in the game.

ackblom12

« Reply #72 on: 19 Jul 2007, 17:36 »

Once you start a new game, or load a completed game, you should be able to buy the Chicago Typewrite for half a million at any merchant. Doesn't work if your in the middle of a game already.

I could be wrong though and you might have to do it in 2nd run.

ackblom12

« Reply #73 on: 19 Jul 2007, 18:22 »

hmm, have you beaten Operation Ada yet? You might have to beat both of them for it to show up..

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #74 on: 19 Jul 2007, 19:13 »

Correct. What you need to do is go to load, load the "Complete game" data and then you can start a second run where the weapons are available.
JON MADE ME GAY

Hunter

« Reply #75 on: 19 Jul 2007, 21:46 »

I heard that you get a gangster costume for Leon.  How do you get it?

wraithzero

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #76 on: 20 Jul 2007, 06:40 »

The main benefit to the Mafia costume is the suit of armour Ashley gets, making her completely impervious to everything.
It's cheap, but you can use it on Pro to just leave her in the middle of a room, wait for everyone to start beating her, then just toss a grenade in there.

Plus, you get a cool pose with Mafia Leon and the Chigago Typewriter when you reload a few times.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #77 on: 02 Aug 2007, 01:21 »

I'm going to bump this thread in order to point out that Capcom has released an extended version of the Resident Evil 5 E3 trailer that includes quite a bit of gameplay footage. The protagonist of the game is, in fact, Chris Redfield. From what I can see of the gameplay, it looks very much like RE4. The few differences are fairly intriguing though. The crowds of zombies shown in the footage are much larger than the ones in RE4, and they also move much faster. Also, there seems to be a much bigger emphasis on melee combat, because in the trailer Chris uses several melee attacks beyond the roundhouse kick Leon had in the last game. However, if they're making the enemies faster and more numerous, I hope they tweak the availability of ammo and inventory space accordingly, because otherwise I feel like this would just be extremely frustrating.

By the way, the game looks absolutely stunning, especially when you consider it's probably at least a year from release.

Also, I just remembered something I read a little while ago that I forgot to post about: apparently some of the employees of the now-dissolved Clover Studio chose to stay on with Capcom and are now working on Resident Evil 5 and Umbrella Chronicles. Considering Clover's fantastic track record, I see this as nothing but positive for both of those games. Of course, the really important members of Clover (Shinji Mikami, Atsushi Inaba, and Hideki Kamiya) are not there, but still. Although I think Kamiya is working with Capcom on Devil May Cry 4, but I wouldn't swear to that.
« Last Edit: 02 Aug 2007, 01:30 by Storm Rider »

ackblom12

« Reply #78 on: 02 Aug 2007, 01:41 »

Is it wrong that I'm going to quite happily buy it for the 360 on release and hope they release a less shiny version on the Wii (and buy that one as well) for waggle later?

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #79 on: 02 Aug 2007, 05:44 »

I think five is gonna be an action game. Or at least a lot more like one.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #80 on: 02 Aug 2007, 09:00 »

It'll be fun until the Time Crisis nostalgia wears off. Then it'll just be a niche game that a couple of people love and everyone else doesn't care. I approve of niche games in general so more power to them. I think I'll probably hire it out.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #81 on: 02 Aug 2007, 09:03 »

I'll likely check it out once it comes down in price a bit. I absolutely LOVE rail shooters.
JON MADE ME GAY

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #82 on: 02 Aug 2007, 11:59 »

I'm going to go on the record and say a Wii port of RE5 has got no chance in hell of happening unless Nintendo does a HD-capable hardware revision, which is a pretty fucking slim chance on its own.

ackblom12

« Reply #83 on: 02 Aug 2007, 14:41 »

I haveno doubt it will never happen, but with the increased number of zombies on screen, I get the feeling that a normal gamepad will just annoy the hell out of me after playing RE4 Wii Edition. Won't stop me from buying it and obsessing over it though.

Also, on the subject of HD, is there any technical reason why they couldn't port it over with just some slight graphical hits, or would they have to retexture the entire game to get it to work properly? I'm not sure on the why since you can play the games on the 360 and PS3 without any HD settings.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
« Reply #84 on: 02 Aug 2007, 22:03 »

I'm fairly certain that they'd have to redraw the textures too, because the Wii doesn't have the graphical capacity of the 360 or PS3 with or without HD support. I wouldn't swear to that, because I'm not a game developer, but I'm pretty sure if they did a Wii version without completely redrawing all the textures in lower resolution it would play like a slideshow.

richardsdm

« Reply #85 on: 15 Aug 2007, 07:38 »

FYI,

As my wife found out last night, if you kill the merchant, he doesn't come back.  Now she has to start over.  (She didn't mean to kill him, but knifed him by accident and then saved without really thinking about it.)  Oops.

wraithzero

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #86 on: 15 Aug 2007, 07:48 »

There's no need to start over.
He's not gone from the entire game, just that spot.  Just head on to the next spot, and he'll show up again.

If it were me, I'd charge an extra 10% for killing me, but he doesn't seem to mind.

richardsdm

« Reply #87 on: 15 Aug 2007, 08:12 »

She went to the next spot.  He wasn't there.  She killed the one right before the house battle with Luis, and the one right outside the house post battle wasn't there.  Should she continue on to see if another one will show up?  (Both of us are very new the game, I'm at the same point she is.  I offered to copy my gave for her so she can start at the same place, but she might start over just to do the beginning better).

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #88 on: 15 Aug 2007, 08:19 »

The one that shows up after the house battle is the same instance as the one before the house battle, he's just moved slightly. The next accessible merchant is after the two paths and right before the gondola.
JON MADE ME GAY

richardsdm

« Reply #89 on: 15 Aug 2007, 08:24 »

Thanks for the info.  That will be a relief for her.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up