THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 06:23
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: eBook Sharing - it is good. so you should do it  (Read 2173 times)

pi

• Plantmonster

Hi all,
Sorry for starting a thread with such a low post-count, but I had what is hopefully a good idea and as I put a bit of work into it, I figured I'd give this a shot.

Short Version:

Upload your ebooks to the qcforums@googlemail email for others to sample or read.
password: pintsize
obviously, please don't asshole and change it.

Elaborations:

I got the metaphorical ball metaphorically rolling, having uploaded a few books already, and will be doing so proably for the next few hours.

I'm uploading some fiction books - link to the complete list of these books

All the books can be found in the Books label (on the left, below the chat), not in the inbox.

I'm uploading these using the Firefox extention, Gspace.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1593

Why you need it:

It's  nice if you have a whole directory of books you would like to upload - makes it so I don't have to drag each file individually into gmail. It also makes for easy browsing of files within gmail, and for easy downloading of entire directories (if, for example, you wish to download all books of a particular author). Or, you could always just search gmail for whichever book you want and download the attachment.

Obviously:

Some of these books are out of copyright, some aren't. If you like the books, buy them, check them out of the library, or offer sexual favors to the authors that wrote them - any way you wish to support the book.

Project Gutenberg is an excellent place to get out-of-copyright books [gutenberg.org]
Let me know if I forgot anything.

edit: better link
« Last Edit: 30 Jun 2007, 23:39 by pi »

öde

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
Re: eBook Sharing - it is good. so you should do it
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jun 2007, 10:16 »

I have uploaded Anansi Boys, the only e-book I have left.

pi

• Plantmonster
Re: eBook Sharing - it is good. so you should do it
« Reply #2 on: 01 Jul 2007, 00:32 »

Thanks for playing along, but I think I already covered that one.

I posted a link  to a list of all the books I've already uploaded. I'd post it directly, but it makes the post over the maximum allowed length.

I could update this list if people decide to upload their stuff.
Pages: [1]   Go Up