THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Apr 2024, 07:18
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The Random Question Game  (Read 80467 times)

calenlass

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • queefcicle!
Re: The Random Question Game
« Reply #150 on: 11 Jul 2007, 23:19 »

A real answer to Mikagon's question: That's a difficult question. I would have to say the ones that have made me reevaluate some aspect of my view of reality as I see it, whether that is a belief I held or a look into a new genre of humour or just a different perspective on, say, how dogs think. This would mostly be authors whose books I read as a kid, but are not to exclude Tolkien or Orwell or Mary Stewart or Wilde or Asimov or my personal scifi favourites, Lackey, Pratchett, Fallon, and Friedman.

I am a personal fan of scotch, bourbon, and whiskey in any of its lovely manifestations. What is your favourite booze and why?
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2007, 23:23 by calenlass »
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
    • Pete Strong - Writer & Artist
« Reply #151 on: 11 Jul 2007, 23:22 »

Harvey's Best Bitter is my favourite alcoholic beverage at the moment, due to its nutty taste and how smoothly it goes down. also it gets you a nice calm drunk and is easy to pace yourself with.

Do you like ales? And if not, why not?
What thou lovest well remains,
the rest is dross.

SeanBateman

« Reply #152 on: 11 Jul 2007, 23:23 »

I got a nutty taste that'll go down real smooth for you pete.

SeanBateman

« Reply #153 on: 11 Jul 2007, 23:23 »

Do you know why it's nutty?

SeanBateman

« Reply #154 on: 11 Jul 2007, 23:24 »

Because it comes from my nuts.
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2007, 23:28 by Dirk Hopeless »

SeanBateman

« Reply #155 on: 11 Jul 2007, 23:28 »

Seriously though, Ale is amazing, and I vastly prefer it to Lager when it comes to beer.

Recently all I've really been drinking is IPA's(India Pale Ale's) which are much more strongly hopped than traditional ales, and also tend to have a higher %abv. The hoppyness gives them a wonderful bitterness, and the best of them also have really great notes of grapefruit in them that is just instant boners.

Also in the ale family, and also fucking amazing, are Stouts. I will drink Russian Imperial Stouts till the day I die. I like my beers, or at least my stouts, so dark that I can hold them up to the light and not see through them. I like stouts I can fucking chew, stouts that are a meal in them selves. Old Rasputin or Victory Stormking, both Russian Imperials, are my favourites.

If you could ban any other poster on this forum, who would it be, and why.

Mnementh

« Reply #156 on: 11 Jul 2007, 23:28 »

A real answer to Mikagon's question: That's a difficult question. I would have to say the ones that have made me reevaluate some aspect of my view of reality as I see it, whether that is a belief I held or a look into a new genre of humour or just a different perspective on, say, how dogs think. This would mostly be authors whose books I read as a kid, but are not to exclude Tolkien or Orwell or Mary Stewart or Wilde or Asimov or my personal scifi favourites, Lackey, Pratchett, Fallon, and Friedman.

Because Don Delillo isn't my favourite author?  Because I don't have a large body of his work on my bookshelf?  Because authors like Bret Easton Ellis don't name him as one of their major influences and he isn't considered one of the most influential novelists of his time? Because unlike Lackey and Pratchett (who are fun to read but in terms of merit, crap) he doesn't have any literary worth?

Please, my answer was real and to the point, I answered all he asked for.
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2007, 23:41 by Daniel »

calenlass

• queefcicle!
« Reply #157 on: 11 Jul 2007, 23:30 »

Indeed, all that was implied in the phrase "a real answer".

Part of the problem is people asking sissy-assed questions.
Hey everyone, I need to buy some new bookshelves. When I get back from Ikea and put them together you're all invited to the bookshelf launch party.

Verergoca

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #158 on: 11 Jul 2007, 23:49 »

Oh you two, go take your relationshiparguments someplace private. Different people like different authors, arguing over it is just silly and pointless.

If I could ban anyone, I wouldnt ban anyone as banning isnt really a nice thing. Shouting at people is more fun to.

If the difference between a firemanshat and a mosquito is a cookie, what kind of cookie would it be?
Quote from: Dr. Sidney Freeman
Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
« Reply #159 on: 11 Jul 2007, 23:52 »

A small cookie that tasted bitter and bitty I reckon. Very small cookie.

I like sitting by the sea. I often go and do it before work in the evening (I work right on the beach).

When you want to relax/gather your thoughts/plot world domination where do you like to go?
the rest is dross.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #160 on: 11 Jul 2007, 23:59 »

duh, in the bathroom. What better place for deep thinkings than when you're on the shitter?

What is your weirdest fear?

Mnementh

« Reply #161 on: 12 Jul 2007, 00:06 »

Be the change you want to be in the world.  I don't see you asking any decent questions.

I'm terrified of my chef knife.  It's extremely sharp and pretty large and I constantly worry that I am going to either trip and cut myself, or sleepwalk down the stairs and accidently stab myself with it.

Why do you suppose that automobile design has become so bland, across almost all markets and brands, of late?

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #162 on: 12 Jul 2007, 00:25 »

Probably because nobody cares anymore. I mean, almost everyone has a car  and it's a pretty taken-for-granted type of invention. In earlier times I suspect people were all "Oh wow! Look at this cool thing that let's us go places fast! Let's see if we can't make it even cooler!!" However I like the design of some cars now. I really really want a Mazda RX6 (not just because it was the car in Xmen 2) because it is a really nice looking machine. I also want a 1969 Dodge Charger but I think that might come under the cars that were a little bit more interesting in terms of raised angles and lines and whatnot.

What is one thing you would change about your significant other? It can be physical but it can also be anything. People not in relationships need not reply.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

McTaggart

• William Gibson's Babydaddy
  • Positive feedback.
« Reply #163 on: 12 Jul 2007, 00:32 »

Dammit you're too fast.

But for Dan's question I think it has more to do with increasingly strict design and safety standards than with designers not wanting to show off. The more rules you impose on the design the fewer shapes that fit the rules there are and you run out of room for anything bold and new. The regulations are also built around the accepted design for the shape of a car so they kindof re-inforce that this is the way it should be.

I suppose it's also easier to sell people things they know and are comfortable with already.
One day ends and another begins and we're never none the wiser.

SeanBateman

« Reply #164 on: 12 Jul 2007, 00:34 »

Absoloutely nothing. She is perfect and wonderful and I love her dearly just the way she is.

If you could kill someone, and be absoloutely sure you were going to get away with it, would you? Who would you choose. Would you still do it just for the thrill, if it had to be a complete stranger?

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #165 on: 12 Jul 2007, 01:46 »

If I were to kill someone it would be someone who deserved it by my standards, like a rapist/high-school athlete. Somebody that world would be better without. I would probably enjoy it at the time, but I would not mutilate the body for the sake of the family. I would leave it mostly intact in a place that would be convenient so that it would be found before decaying too much.

Do you like to give oral sex?
Hate, rain on me

mooface

« Reply #166 on: 12 Jul 2007, 03:37 »

it's one of my favorite things to do in the world.

metaphysical poetry. lovely and witty or just really annoying?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #167 on: 12 Jul 2007, 05:16 »

Absoloutely nothing. She is perfect and wonderful and I love her dearly just the way she is.
On a totally unrelated note, his gf is also regular on this forum.

it's one of my favorite things to do in the world.
*breathes heavily*

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #168 on: 12 Jul 2007, 05:33 »

Really annoying. Mind you, I fnid poetry in general fairly annoying, and unless one of my -bestest- friends in the whole word wrote it (and insists for my feedback, despite my claims that poetry is not my thing), or I find something that really strikes me as worthwhile, I don't ususally touch the stuff. I prefer a story, which I just don't get from poetry most of the time. Just me though, it seems a lot of the word rather likes it. Silly world.

What is the most awkward question you have ever been posed, and what was it's answer? (Ooh, another two parter... Just my way of keeping away frmo the short answers, I guess).

philosopherqueen

« Reply #169 on: 12 Jul 2007, 09:42 »

I have no idea to what you are refering

My mistake. It was Daniel and Hairy Joe Bob, not Dirk Hopeless that have the Harry Potter slashfic in their sigs.

SeanBateman

« Reply #170 on: 12 Jul 2007, 10:07 »

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #171 on: 12 Jul 2007, 10:17 »

What have you got against those shoes?

philosopherqueen

« Reply #172 on: 12 Jul 2007, 10:20 »

My thoughts exactly.

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
« Reply #173 on: 12 Jul 2007, 11:41 »

Kieffer, joke is old. Let it go.
Hate, rain on me

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
« Reply #174 on: 12 Jul 2007, 11:46 »

I'm still laughing.

Is that bad? It's bad.
the rest is dross.

Mikagon

• Emoticontraindication
  • Toes!
« Reply #175 on: 12 Jul 2007, 14:31 »

What is the most awkward question you have ever been posed, and what was it's answer? (Ooh, another two parter... Just my way of keeping away frmo the short answers, I guess).

The most awkward question I have ever been posed was what was I doing completely covered in a blanket riding on a bus filled with my team mates to our next competition while having a light on underneath the blanket and giggling hysterically. The answer I gave was that I was laughing at the shadow puppets I was making that looked better then your mom. In reality I was just texting a friend who happens to be extremely funny when drunk. I was cold and I like blankets. Enough said.

So here's my apparently shitty question; What the fuck is up with World of Warcraft?
I'm a girl! I have a vagina for god's sake!

Hairy Joe Bob

• FIGHT YOU
  • shame machine
« Reply #176 on: 12 Jul 2007, 17:17 »

It's got like spellz and shit. Crazeeeee!

What is your favourite fruit and why?
the rest is dross.

camelpimp

« Reply #177 on: 12 Jul 2007, 18:34 »

Pomegranates! And why.... erm... it's tasty? I know the short answer thing has got people in a huff, but seriously, pomegranate = nectar of the gods, and you're a facist/commie/liberal/nazi/godless heathen/insert hated group here if you don't like 'em.

What hobby did you used to be into then dropped out of?

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #178 on: 12 Jul 2007, 18:51 »

Dungeons and Dragons. I stopped playing when I moved to this country because it wasn't nerdy enough for me.

What do you think would make for the worst neighbor?

Mikagon

• Emoticontraindication
  • Toes!
« Reply #179 on: 12 Jul 2007, 19:38 »

The crazy cat lady from the simpsons. Cat crap would be everywhere; your life would never be the same again.

What's the most unbelievable thing thats happened in your life that you swear is true?
I'm a girl! I have a vagina for god's sake!

ThePQ4

• Asleep in the boner patch
« Reply #180 on: 12 Jul 2007, 21:07 »

pomegranate = nectar of the gods
I would just like to point out that it is actually the food of the dead... Ambrosia is the food of the gods (a type of grape? I'm not sure).

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #181 on: 12 Jul 2007, 21:21 »

pomegranate = nectar of the gods
I would just like to point out that it is actually the food of the dead... Ambrosia is the food of the gods (a type of grape? I'm not sure).

Nectar is the drink of the gods, ambrosia is the food of the gods. Ambrosia is probably honey although no one's really sure. Anyway, to answer the post two up from this, I will preface my answer by saying I never have chinese leftovers in my house. Ever. Ok, this is 100% true: One night I came home late. I was hungry so I rooted through the fridge. There were some random brown paper bags which I didn't bother looking in, cheese, chocolate, deli meat, peanut butter ect.

I settled on some chocolate and then went down to my computer. I logged onto my facebook account and went to update my status. I typed, "I am hungry and therefore I am eating chocolate." Somehow this seemed incomplete so I decided to add something. I don't know why but for some strange reason the words "cold dumplings" popped into my head. I hadn't eaten, seen, or even thought about dumplings in several weeks at least. But that's what came to me. So I added it to my status so it read, "I am hungry and therefore I am eating chocolate and cold dumplings."

A bit later I went to bed. I woke up the next morning, did some work, bummed around on the computer ect. Around lunch time, hungry again, I went upstairs. I opened my fridge and was greeted by the same site as the night before. I looked around and saw nothing appealing. In my frustration, I randomly grabbed one of the brown paper bags and opened it. Inside was a white Styrofoam container. I set it down on the counter top, opened it up, and froze. Inside, in a large pile, were several cold dumplings.

That's my story. It's the most unbelievable thing that's happened to me and no one I tell it to believes me but I swear it's true.

Anyways: What is one intensely embarrassing moment from your childhood that will likely stay with you for life?
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #182 on: 13 Jul 2007, 06:40 »

My mom has a movie of my cousin and I in the bathtub, singing all these horrible songs, and talking like valley girls. It's pretty embarassing.

What should I eat for breakfast? Taquitos, pumpkin cheese cake, lemon ice cream cake, or something actually breakfasty(like eggs, and sausage)?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #183 on: 13 Jul 2007, 06:52 »

I think you should go out and find yourself some French Toast. French Toast is about the greatest thing ever and it's just ever so hard to really fuck up. Every time I go out drinking, I get some french toast the next morning.

What kind of bikes to you prefer? Harley style classic bikes or newer Kawasaki types and all that? Why?
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #184 on: 13 Jul 2007, 06:54 »

NEW MEME

My mom has a movie of my cousin and I in the bathtub, singing all these horrible songs, and talking like valley girls. It's pretty embarassing.
youtube plz

mooface

« Reply #185 on: 13 Jul 2007, 06:57 »

I like my 90's Scarabeo moped!  Does that count?

(oops clicked post before i typed a question!)

Are you one of those people who claim to hate Facebook but have a Facebook anyways?

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #186 on: 13 Jul 2007, 07:04 »

I don't hate facebook and I do have one. But I do not like the creepy direction they have been going and the applications you can add are getting a bit annoying.

What is your favorite seasoning/herb?
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #187 on: 13 Jul 2007, 07:08 »

Oregano. I think.
There are just so many good ones out there, just so many delicious things to add. It feels so wrong picking one above the rest! What about Basil, Cilantro, Thyme, Garam Masala, Coriander, Cumin, Fennel...
But Oregano usually works with whatever I'm cooking. And it's the one my dad loves, so I guess it's still my favorite.

Of the past dozen albums you've listened to, how many of them do you actually own?
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #188 on: 13 Jul 2007, 07:24 »

I think you should go out and find yourself some French Toast. French Toast is about the greatest thing ever and it's just ever so hard to really fuck up. Every time I go out drinking, I get some french toast the next morning.

I'm too lazy to fix/"go out and find" french toast. I just settled for microwave taquitos.

NEW MEME

youtube plz

Oh god no.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

redglasscurls

• Duck attack survivor
« Reply #189 on: 13 Jul 2007, 07:29 »

I would have to say I probably REALLY owned about 2/12. At school, there is a semi-legal loophole where all the computers on the network can swap music and video files, and I got a phenomenal amount of good new music that way. It is a bit shady and probably will be closed down soon, but this way I can be a poor college kid and still explore new music. I think most people in my age bracket rationalize music theft to a certain extent, the internet just makes it seem so easy and non-criminal.

When people talk about ticks or lice, does it make you feel really itchy and uncomfortable, even if you know full well you havn't been anyplace you could have picked up either?
Denn Du Bist, Was Du Isst   (you are what you eat)
also, related to burning stuff: a friend threw up on a hot water heater once, the vomit steam burned her face. awesome!

0bsessions

• Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #190 on: 13 Jul 2007, 07:36 »

Yes, yes it does. Your mere mention right there just sent my back into a ridiculous itching situation the likes of which I've not felt since allergy testing (Worst thing ever).

At a bar, do you prefer to go out and dance or chill at the bar shooting the shit with random people? Don't forget the why, I'm all for the nice, detailed answers.
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #191 on: 13 Jul 2007, 07:54 »

I do both, really. I get a drink and then go elsewhere and maybe dance. I don't like sitting at the bar, mostly, because when you're sitting along the bar and it's loud, it's hard to talk to the people on the ends if there's more than three people. So usually it's get the drinks and either stand in a circle or sit at a table. Or dance, if there's decent music.

Which chocolate is best: white, milk, or dark?

camelpimp

« Reply #192 on: 13 Jul 2007, 08:01 »

Hm... I like white chocolate the most, I guess. Probably because I don't eat it as much as milk or dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is good, but I have to be in the mood for it.

What's the weirdest thing to happen to you at work?

mberan42

• Bling blang blong blung
  • Fry... You're my friend...
« Reply #193 on: 13 Jul 2007, 08:05 »

*cough* White chocolate isn't actually chocolate.
My parents were always on me to groom myself and wear underpants. What am I, the pope?!

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #194 on: 13 Jul 2007, 08:09 »

*cough* White chocolate isn't actually good.

Fixed.

Dark chocolate 4 lyfe!

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #195 on: 13 Jul 2007, 08:09 »

I know, but people I know prefer it to actual chocolate, so I was curious. (And I totally agree with Emaline.)

What's the weirdest thing to happen to you at work?

Around Halloween, I got asked by this guy if there was a sea cucumber isle. (I work in a craft store.) He supposedly needed to find stuff for a costume.

If you're outside and running around in the grass, do you take off your shoes or leave them on?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #196 on: 13 Jul 2007, 08:14 »

Depends on where I am. Certain parts of St. Louis(my hometown), no. Most places in Edwardsville(Where I live now), sure. My front yard, no.

St. Louis: I wouldn't recommend running barefoot in any city really. Especially in a junky one like St. Louis.
Edwardsville: It's a small farming town. Most of the people who live here really care about the environment. The grass is usually pretty clear of broken glass.
My front yard: Drunken college boys lived here before me. When I planted flowers out front, I found lots of broken glass. Cut my hands too. I wouldn't recommend wearing sandals out there.

What time should I try to call the place I'm trying to get a job at? They opened at 9:00, and it is now 10:10.

Edited to make more sense of my answer.
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2007, 08:19 by Emaline »

Slick

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • I am become biscuit
« Reply #197 on: 13 Jul 2007, 08:15 »

When people talk about ticks or lice, does it make you feel really itchy and uncomfortable, even if you know full well you havn't been anyplace you could have picked up either?
Hey fuck you, I am so itchy right now.
It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #198 on: 13 Jul 2007, 08:23 »

After my camping trip, I found a tick on the back of my leg. It was right behind my knee, infact. It had already bitten me, and I couldn't remove it on my own, so I had to have my mom pull it off. It was gross. We couldn't get the thing off for awhile. Finally my dad came in and asked us what the hell we were doing, and he finnally pulled the damn tick out. I think he left the head in though. I have a big red itchy bump where it bit me.

Oli

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #199 on: 13 Jul 2007, 09:09 »

If he left the head in then the tick will grow back.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up