THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 29 Mar 2024, 03:29
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The Random Question Game  (Read 78606 times)

schimmy

• The Tickler
Re: The Random Question Game
« Reply #250 on: 17 Jul 2007, 15:28 »

I play Gay Chicken with some of my friends sometimes, that's basically the Uncomfortable Game, isn't it? Some of my friends are better at it than others. For example, there's one who won't even let me hug him. While another grabbed my genitalia and wouldn't let go for a good few minutes of me shouting.
My leg's resting on a shelf pulled half out of my wardrobe. It's mildly uncomfortable, and I'm going to have a long dint in my skin from where the wood cut into me. I'm also getting slight pins and needles in my right foot.
I also feel rather uncomfortable because soon my best friend is going to find out that I told his girlfriend that he cheated on her.

Did you count how many times SilentJ said uncomfortable? Have you ever played the game he describes? Are there any other similar games that you play, or have seen played?

Ozymandias

• Older than Moses
« Reply #251 on: 17 Jul 2007, 15:45 »

Gay chicken is pretty common among my friends.

One of my friends walked up to me once after I was hitting on him, and grabbed my junk full on. I stared at him, completely unfazed, until he screamed and ran off to wash his hands. I cracked up so much.

I have made out with a large number of dude friends now due to desensitizing each other on gayness.

It's okay.

Have you made out with a large percentage of your friends?
You are 9/11.
You are the terrorist.

Caiphana

• Curry sauce
  • WHOOSH
    • dA
« Reply #252 on: 17 Jul 2007, 16:30 »

hm, no, not really. I've kissed a fair amount (including the ladies, usually on dares), but I've only "made out with" two, my fiance being one of them.

Have you ever decided to see what would happen if you let hair grow on part of your body that you usually shave?
..so long as the word "cookie" is in your country's vocabulary, it's an okay place to be.

Those who forget the past may be doomed to repeat it, but those who refuse to learn from the past and move on are fucking idiots.

camelpimp

« Reply #253 on: 17 Jul 2007, 16:39 »

Well, honestly, the only part of my body I shave on a regular basis is my armpit, and I HAVE seen it grow out to an extent. Honestly, that was enough for me. I have no desire to see it au natural.

What body parts do you shave?

Caiphana

• Curry sauce
  • WHOOSH
    • dA
« Reply #254 on: 17 Jul 2007, 16:48 »

Lower legs since I was 11 (these days I only do so like once a week), upper legs when I go to the beach, armpits since age 12 (every day without fail), and my arms since eighth grade when a boy called me a monkey.. and got everyone else to, as well. Those are what I'm letting grow back. It's not too bad, actually.

What is your most "interesting" memory of a day at the beach/pool/lake/river?
..so long as the word "cookie" is in your country's vocabulary, it's an okay place to be.

Those who forget the past may be doomed to repeat it, but those who refuse to learn from the past and move on are fucking idiots.

0bsessions

• Born in a Nalgene bottle
  • Change Is Taking the Seventh Dick
    • Quiki
« Reply #255 on: 17 Jul 2007, 16:53 »

Wait, so you shave your armpits, but not your legs? I mean no offense, I just don't comprehend the idea. Why shave one, but not the other?

Anyways, I'll answer the next question:

Most interesting memory of a "day" at the beach is when I drove up to Hampton Beach at 2 AM to take pictures of the sunrise for my ex's birthday. Aside from being beautiful out, and very inspirational (I even wrote a poem in the sand, fun times), but I'd never seen early morning beach people. You know those nuts who go out there with metal detectors? Yeah, them.

I have decided that if it came down to never having a Wendy's Frosty or never receiving oral sex again, I think I would choose to give up head. Is there anyone else who feels this way?
I've decided to give up psychology and become a peacock
Quote from: Tommydski in Gabbly
JON MADE ME GAY

camelpimp

« Reply #256 on: 17 Jul 2007, 16:55 »

No, because I work at Wendy's and HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT! If I never had a Frosty again, it means I'd deal a financial blow to Wendy's, so more power to me. Fuck them.

(And why do I shave the pits and not the legs? Well, pits are easy, quicker, are far less likely to cause me bleeding)

Why does Obsessions like Wendy's Frosties so much?

Caiphana

• Curry sauce
  • WHOOSH
    • dA
« Reply #257 on: 17 Jul 2007, 17:00 »

Probably for the same reason as I do: they are orgasmic. I'd give up oral sex in a heartbeat for frosties. Also, they're what I crave on my ladies days. Those and double doubles from In-N-Out.

Have you ever boycotted anything?

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #258 on: 17 Jul 2007, 18:17 »

I boycotted Sony produced media for a time. I bought In Your Honor by the Foo Fighters wishing to rip it to my computer and use on my iPod, as I don't actually own a CD player anymore. After doing so, I found I couldn't put it on my iPod at all. Sony had decided to limit it to ripping in a copy protected WMA format, meaning it would not go on iPods. I swore not to buy another Sony product until a satisfactory resolution was reached.

The boycott was helpful, as I also signed on for a class action lawsuit filed against Sony. Said album's copy protection was legally a form of malware, so the suit won out and everyone signed on got a full refund and a gift code to download the album for free on iTunes. The justice system works, fuck yourselves Sony. I was eventually forced to buy Sony again when they distributed NewsRadio on DVD.

What is your single most prized possession and why? Note, pets and people are not possessions.
JON MADE ME GAY

Caiphana

• Curry sauce
  • WHOOSH
    • dA
« Reply #259 on: 17 Jul 2007, 18:24 »

hmmm, that's a tough one.

To be honest, there's nothing I own that would completely devastate me if I lost it or whatever. But if I had to choose, it would probably be the stuffed bear I've had since I was born... Coco Bear. I'm not obsessed with him or anything, but he is my oldest personal possession.

Do you have any bad habits?

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #260 on: 17 Jul 2007, 19:03 »

i pick my nose.  not just when there's no tissue around.  i'll hold the tissue, pick my nose, and then wipe my finger.  it's probably my favorite pastime aside from masturbation.

i moved from the city to more of a suburban area and the video store went from one block away to about 6 miles.  how far is the closest video rental store from your house? 
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #261 on: 17 Jul 2007, 20:00 »

About 10 minutes. I live in a small, but very spread out country town. We have one Blockbuster.

I can go through about 2 gallons of orange juice in a day. It's almost my favorite juice, my favorite being a mixture of oranges, carrots, and tomatoes. What is your favorite juice?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #262 on: 17 Jul 2007, 21:13 »

I do not consume teh soda, but when I did I drank Pepsi. My mom preferred it, so that's what she bought and I drank.

If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Quote from: John
Liz is touching me.
Quote from: Bryan
Fuck you, I want him so bad.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #263 on: 17 Jul 2007, 21:17 »

Probably the Eskimos song I've been loving. I have to listen to it everyday.

How long should the ideal mix cd be?
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #264 on: 17 Jul 2007, 21:21 »

Probably the Eskimos song I've been loving. I have to listen to it everyday.

Do you have it in MP3 format or you listen to it on their/his Myspace?

If all the song/mix are goods, 2 hours should do it.

What is the most disgusting meal you ever ate?
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #265 on: 17 Jul 2007, 21:27 »

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #266 on: 18 Jul 2007, 20:49 »

This one time I made eggplant parmesan but I didn't salt the eggplant first so it was bitter as anything. Bitter like earwax. That's the worst I can remember.

Have you ever faked an orgasm?
Ho, ho, ho!

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #267 on: 18 Jul 2007, 21:01 »

oddly enough yes.  one day while work was slow we had a contest where we tried to find out who could fake an orgasm the best.  the looks on the faces of the customers was hysterical

what is the heaviest thing that you have thrown off your roof?

axerton

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • lets all grow pizza
« Reply #268 on: 18 Jul 2007, 21:48 »

I'd be all for not pressing the button. I can see four options (assuming we're only going to work with one brother, two brothers adds complications) 1 we both press, and both die. 2 I press, he dies. 3 he presses I die. 4 neither press neither die. pressing the button gives me a 50/50 chance of survival but a certainty of my brother dying, not pressing still gives me a 50/50 chance of survival, but my brother would not.

for the bonus point, I think there's a similar quiz question to this in Knights of the Old Republic 1. but I doubt that's where it's originally from.

Are you planning on waiting in line to buy Harry Potter seven?
Guys guys I got this condition it is called "Involuntary Lottery Loser" guys don't laugh it is a disorder.

TrekkieTechie

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Lexiconnisseur
    • deviantArt Profile
« Reply #269 on: 18 Jul 2007, 21:52 »

No, I'll be going to a 24-hour grocery and getting one in five minutes.

Do you prefer writing in pen or pencil (or other)? Why?
No matter where you go, there you are.

Eris

• Duck attack survivor
  • bzzzz
« Reply #270 on: 18 Jul 2007, 22:00 »

Pencil, because I'm paranoid that I will make a mistake. However, my writing can look pretty cool when I use ballpoint pen, so I use it when I want something to look kind of fancy.

which is better, Abbey Road or Revolver?
« Last Edit: 18 Jul 2007, 22:02 by Eris »
Quote from: Drunk Pete
MACHINS CON ESFU EPETE

Elizzybeth

• Beyoncé
« Reply #271 on: 18 Jul 2007, 23:53 »

The second half of Abbey Road is basically the most amazing thing ever.  I love Revolver, but Mean Mr. Mustard into Polythene Pam into She Came In Through the Bathroom window into Golden Slumbers makes me quiver with pleasure (orgasmic?  perhaps).

Do you have a favorite parent?  Or do you get along with both your parents equally?

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #272 on: 19 Jul 2007, 00:17 »

stuff

That's called the Prisoner's Dilemma and it is generally based around serving time rather than dying. It measures how individualistic/competitive someone is.

Also, I dislike my Dad significantly less than I dislike my Mum. Possibly because he is not a neglectful, spiteful religious zealot. Possibly because he is vaguely reasonable if a little uptight. But probably because he seems to genuinely care about my wellbeing.

Are you particularly dextrous? Like, can you do that thing where you twiddle coins from one finger to the next?
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #273 on: 19 Jul 2007, 02:17 »

No, I don't think so. But I've never really tried that coin trick out. If I had a quarter here, I'd try it, but the only change on the desk is some pennies. I'm not even gonna try with pennies.

I just got home from one of the shittiest dates ever. What was your worst date like?

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #274 on: 19 Jul 2007, 06:30 »

Oh, this one's delightful:

I met out with this girl like two and a half years ago. She had recently broken up with a guy whom she was stuck still living with. Half the date was spent with her bitching about him. Eventually, we got onto the subjects of our family lives at which point she started talking about her alcoholic mother and abusive father and told me about the time she tried to kill herself. How is that shit NOT a social faux pas for a first date?! Needless to say, there was no second date, though I do appreciate her being batshit fucking loco the first time out, as usually you women wait until you've got us good and hooked before you reveal how absolutely god damn nuts you are (At least in my sordid experience).

I also had a girl confess to me about the miscarriage she had about eight years prior after our first time sleeping together. What's the most awkward thing someone has said to you right after the act?
JON MADE ME GAY

Cernunnos

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • What
« Reply #275 on: 19 Jul 2007, 08:15 »

you women

Yeah, guys never do this either.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #276 on: 19 Jul 2007, 08:19 »

Why can people never assume a sweeping generalization is just a joke? Is it really that difficult?
JON MADE ME GAY

Cernunnos

• Psychopath in a hockey mask
  • What
« Reply #277 on: 19 Jul 2007, 08:24 »

Sorry. shouldn't have been so quick. it just seemed serious from context.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #278 on: 19 Jul 2007, 08:27 »

Everything seems serious from the context on the internet. I could tell you right now that I just slept with your mother and she wasn't particularly generous about it. Given, it looks in context that I'm serious, but common sense would dictate if it were true, I'd have the common sense to not say it here.
JON MADE ME GAY

David_Dovey

• Nearly grown up
  • j'accuse!
« Reply #279 on: 19 Jul 2007, 08:50 »

I also had a girl confess to me about the miscarriage she had about eight years prior after our first time sleeping together. What's the most awkward thing someone has said to you right after the act?

I'm answering this because no one else has, and cos I've got a doozy:

"Wow, I could've sworn you were gay!"...

Next question: Have you ever caught yourself unconsciously singing/dancing/playing air guitar in public before? Were people watching?

It's a roasted cocoa bean, commonly found in vaginas.

jhocking

• Methuselah's mentor
  • Corruption City USA
    • new|Arteest
« Reply #280 on: 19 Jul 2007, 09:17 »

the weirdest dame I've ever played
awesome typo

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #281 on: 19 Jul 2007, 09:25 »

Next question: Have you ever caught yourself unconsciously singing/dancing/playing air guitar in public before? Were people watching?
Unconsciously, no. Consciously, yes.

What's the best vacation you've ever taken?
Liz is touching me.

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #282 on: 19 Jul 2007, 10:46 »

Probably my last trip to Cape Cod with my friends. It was an absolute blast. I brought my projector and we spent most of the weekend drunk and wasting time playing video games, hanging at the beach and playing baseball/frisbee.

What was your favorite childhood gym/playground game? Dodgeball? Wallball? Four Squares? Other?
JON MADE ME GAY

TrekkieTechie

• Lexiconnisseur
    • deviantArt Profile
« Reply #283 on: 19 Jul 2007, 11:36 »

Four Square, definitely. Especially the time the big red rubber ball hit me in the face at full speed and knocked me down.

What is the capital of Djibouti?

Edith

• Cthulhu f'tagn
« Reply #284 on: 19 Jul 2007, 12:21 »

Djibouti.

What is the best costume you've ever worn?
Ho, ho, ho!

Caiphana

• Curry sauce
  • WHOOSH
    • dA
« Reply #285 on: 19 Jul 2007, 13:04 »

I was a lion for halloween when I was in preschool... a male lion with a huge mane. It was awesome. Kinda sad that I haven't been in a better costume since I was four....

Why do some people not apologize for their dick-ness?

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #286 on: 19 Jul 2007, 13:14 »

Because relative dickness is a matter of opinion and can be entirely subjective and always carries a level of bias. The person finding them to be a dick may be overreacting. The person finding them to be a dick may have misunderstood them. Or maybe they're just a dick, and if they're a dick, why the fuck should they care what others think? They're a dick.

Why can't anyone make a classic video game theme like the good old days? Anyone else remember the classic games like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Ninja Gaiden or Castlevania? Those had some fucking EPIC music. Now? It's all just recycled junk from Top 40 radio. Where did all the good video game music go?
JON MADE ME GAY

Caiphana

• Curry sauce
  • WHOOSH
    • dA
« Reply #287 on: 19 Jul 2007, 13:25 »

My guess would be that they're lazy. These days, we're all "nurr, must have new games NOW, nuuuuur," instead of "Oh, you're not done yet? Okay, I'll just play an old game until it's ready, mkay thanks!" In related news, I'm actually currently listening to Smashing...Live!

Have you ever seen a real orchestra perform?

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #288 on: 19 Jul 2007, 14:26 »

Yes, I've been to the symphony here several times. I got to watch Joshua Bell practice with the symphony once, too. A-ma-zing. (He's a violinist, if you don't know who he is.)

What is the klutziest thing you have ever done in public? (Falling, knocking something over, etc.)
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Caiphana

• Curry sauce
  • WHOOSH
    • dA
« Reply #289 on: 19 Jul 2007, 14:45 »

No such thing as *the* klutziest thing I've done in public. I fall and do stupid things too often. The most embarrassing klutzy thing, though- that's easy. I was walking across the quad at my high school as a little bitty freshman at a break, carrying all of my books and notebooks and such in my arms when I suddenly trip... over nothing. Everything goes flying; at least one of my binders pops open and throws paper all over the place. To add insult to injury, I somehow managed to sprain my ankle. Naturally, no students come over to help. There probably was laughing, I don't really remember- it was like in a movie where it's slow-motion and all silent and such. But then, the sweet, squat little Spanish teacher came running over to me, and starting cooing in spanish: "pobre hija" or something like that... and then she started directing the students milling about to pick my things up for me when she noticed that I couldn't stand up, and got a big guy to carry me to the office.

Mildly mortifying... but when I look back on it, it's HILARIOUS.

On the subject of embarrassing moments: what was your most embarrassing moment in school?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #290 on: 19 Jul 2007, 15:37 »

I just got done telling someone this story via aim, so I'll just post the conversation here:

Emaline's most embarassing high school moment! or Let's not be homeless, ok?
andlemonade (5:23:31 PM): Once, in high school, I decided it would be a good idea to be homeless(don't ask), and my friends wouldn't let me even try.
CrazyMonkeyNate (5:28:48 PM): and why do you think that it would have been a good idea to become homeless
andlemonade (5:24:40 PM): During one class we were talking about it, and I said "Just you guys wait. I'll be homeless if I want to be, and then I'll just point at you guys and laugh, and say 'Haha, I'm homeless now, bitches!!'"
andlemonade (5:25:19 PM): And of course that was as soon as everyone in class had gotten quiet, and I was really loud, so everyone heard me.
andlemonade (5:25:45 PM): I don't remember why I thought it was a good idea, it was probably because I was so totally punk rock.

Yep. Everyone heard me declare that I wanted to be homeless, and was pretty much insane. Of course everyone laughed. My teacher even commented on it. I didn't live that one down for a bit.

I really love beer. German beers, and wheat beers are my favorites, but how I do love my cheap beers. PBR and High Life bring back all kinds of good nostalgic feelings. Do you like beer? If so, what kind?
« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2007, 15:39 by Emaline »

Caiphana

• Curry sauce
  • WHOOSH
    • dA
« Reply #291 on: 19 Jul 2007, 16:12 »

Sadly, I hate beer in all of its forms. I think there are two main reasons: 1- I have never had a good beer. 2- When I was four or five, my dad gave me a sip of beer. The taste of it so disgusted me that to this day, even the smell of beer makes me gag.

Also, I hate the taste of alcohol in general. I literally wince after drinking, and if I can taste it too much, I get goosebumps. eeeeeh... thinking about the taste gives me goosebumps. I make a lot of mixed girlie drinks... and I've been known to cut drinks given to me with more juice/soda/whatever. I also get goosebumps from pulling apart cotton... or from someone pulling apart cotton right next to my ear.. or from thinking about it too much. It's hell when I open a new bottle of pills and no one's around to take out the cotton for me... eugh.

What is your favorite alcoholic beverage? If you don't drink, you get a different question: why don't you drink?

0bsessions

• Quiki
« Reply #292 on: 19 Jul 2007, 16:18 »

I tend to switch up a bit every few months (I've only been drinking about a year and a half now). My current drinks of choice are car bombs (Irish whiskey with Bailey's and Guinness), Jameson and coke and just regular old beer (Generally Bud Light or Killian's). I also love tequila shots on occasion.

I once had way too much Vodka and ended up making out with a fat girl, which a couple of my friends snapped on their camera phones. What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever done drunk?
JON MADE ME GAY

Caiphana

• Curry sauce
  • WHOOSH
    • dA
« Reply #293 on: 19 Jul 2007, 16:26 »

Thankfully, my fiance has been with me every time I've been drunk (except for the one time I got drunk alone), so he doesn't let too much happen. But the one thing that makes me turn a little red when I remember it was my first time. We were drunk talking about how flexible we were and such, and one of the guys mentioned that an ex could put both legs behind her head. I said that I could do that too.. and they demanded proof. Naturally, I obliged. I think I may have given them an eyeful, too... and they were all guys. Thankfully, they were all drunk out of their mind, and don't even remember me doing that. I had to babysit one of them for most of the night...

What's the dumbest thing you or someone you know (and personally witnessed) has done drunk?

schimmy

• The Tickler
« Reply #294 on: 19 Jul 2007, 17:06 »

I went to Leeds for the weekend to see my friend's band practice, and stay over at his house. After practice, we got back to his house, and decided that a fire was in order. We built a fire in his back garden and all sat around it drinking home made wine and beer. After finishing off about three quaters of a bottle of wine to himself, the guy who I was visiting moved onto whiskey. After sitting outside for a bit, playing with the fire (I was pretty amazed that I could put my foot in the flame and not feel a thing) we went back inside to sit around in the living room. My friend was still drinking at this point, but everyone else had stopped. His dad was sitting in the middle of the room, rolling a spliff. When my friend suddenly burst out saying "Oh, oh, oh, dad. A while ago I stole some of your weed and sold it to my friends." Now, I thought this was a pretty dumb thing to admit to, but his dad's reaction was even better, he just continued staring at the floor, rolling the spliff, and just said "Yeah... I thought you might have done that."

Most people I know used to listen to music that they now think is awful, and now they listen to a totally different type of music. What was the first record you bought or listened to that introduced you to the type of music you listen to know? What sort of effect do you think it has had on the way you live your life, and your life in general?

camelpimp

« Reply #295 on: 19 Jul 2007, 18:51 »

I suppose it's a mad scramble between Interpol's "Antics" and Franz Ferdinand's "You Could Have it So Much Better." Neither album was that good (I sold the Interpol album) but I suppose that's what introduced to indie-eqsue music. They were probably the start of me broadening my music taste. I don't listen to 'em today though.

What time of your life would you say your best?

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
« Reply #296 on: 19 Jul 2007, 18:58 »

You mean what time of my life would I say was my best? In that case I would say now. I'm way more ballsier. I'm doing more things I want to. I'm attempting to earn money for my art. I'm going on more dates. I'm meeting more people. I'm just generally having more fun. There's a lot of things I could complain about, but I mean, whatevs. Life is for living.

I also think it's because I'm a total freaking "hippie" now, and hang out with a bunch of other "hippies."

What do you like about your life? What don't you like?

TrekkieTechie

• Lexiconnisseur
    • deviantArt Profile
« Reply #297 on: 19 Jul 2007, 19:17 »

I like my freedom. I could do without the stress that accompanies said freedom, but you know what? It's more than a fair trade.

How do you want to die?

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #298 on: 19 Jul 2007, 19:27 »

oddly enough my friends have had this discussion.  some of them, the more normal and sane ones, want to die in a peaceful way with as little pain as possible, while the rest want to die in the most unbelieveable way possible, preferrably in front of some chidlren so as to scar them for life.

what do you usually do when you hear about a tornado warning that may be near you but is not?

Liz

• Older than Moses
  • Nuclear Bomb Tits
    • Last.fm
« Reply #299 on: 19 Jul 2007, 20:05 »

I usually ignore it unless the weather starts to get worse all of the sudden. At that point I make my way down to the basement. (Luckily I live in North Dakota, so this doesn't happen too often.)

What's your all-time favorite movie quote?
Liz is touching me.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up