THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 25 Apr 2024, 23:24
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I found a cool new indie music podcast...  (Read 2358 times)

wm_star

I found a cool new indie music podcast...
« on: 08 Jul 2007, 14:49 »

It's only got one episode so far, but it's supposed to be weekly - the MeanDawg Indie MusiCast:  musicast.meandawg.com.

I found out about it because I love the MeanDawg Movie Top 5 Podcast (meandawg.com/news/ - damn hilarious, if you haven't heard it), and I visit the MeanDawg forums (forums.meandawg.com) for that reason, and they recently added a forum section on the new indie music podcast, so I checked it out and enjoyed it greatly.  Not too much talky-talky, just a bit of background and 5 different songs.  AND, the coolest thing, I think, is that they have links on the website where you can download the tracks featured on the show for FREE.  Not the whole albums, though it does direct you to places you can buy the albums, but still 5 free musics is 5 free musics!  And it's all legit - I checked out the site where the free downloads come from, and it's a music promo site where people can get certain tracks for free for promotional purposes.  Anyway.  Check it out, it's good.

Thrillho

• Global Moderator
  • Awakened
  • Tall. Beets.
Re: I found a cool new indie music podcast...
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jul 2007, 15:59 »

God dammit. Why is every audio file a 'podcast' now. I'm going to listen to my podcasts of the new Fountains Of Wayne album.
In the end, the thing people will remember is kindness.

RyanT

• Emoticontraindication
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jul 2007, 18:53 »

Dallas Does Indie is another good one.

Ernest

• Scrabble hacker
  • Buy my book!
« Reply #3 on: 08 Jul 2007, 21:42 »

My friend Neal has a pretty great one: http://www.blank-crisis.blogspot.com/
Where I come from, we usually just shorten that to "yee-haw!"

RefD

• Larger than most fish
  • A heartfelt, moving tribute to ennui.

wm_star

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2007, 05:01 »

Okay, the 2nd episode came out yesterday, and I still love this podcast.  I'll give you the set lists of the first 2 eps, and remind you that you can download these songs for free, legitimately, from the MeanDawg site, which I just think is so cool that they go to the trouble to do that.

Episode 1 - 1. “Nature of the Experiment” by Tokyo Police Club; 2. “Yea Yeah” by Matt & Kim; 3. “Count Down Our Days” by Fembots; 4. “Worry” by Music For Animals; 5. “Cold Days From the Birdhouse” by The Twilight Sad

Episode 2 - 1. “Technology” by The Whigs; 2. “Anti Love Song” by Betty Davis; 3. “Broken Plates” by Magneta Lane; 4. “Mysterious in Black” by The Mendoza Line; 5. “Growing Old” by Pigeon John

The Betty Davis song in Ep 2 KICKS ASS.  An old funk tune from Betty Davis as in the wife of Miles Davis, and DAMN, what a voice she has!

valley_parade

• coprophage
« Reply #6 on: 13 Jul 2007, 06:24 »

There is a band called the mendoza line? Fucking awesome.
Wait so you're letting something that happened 10 years ago ruin your quality of life? What are you, America? :psyduck:
Pages: [1]   Go Up