Jeph Jacques's comics discussion forums

• 20 Jan 2022, 00:32
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Broken Borders  (Read 1269 times)

Hairy Joe Bob

• The German Chancellory building
  • "A porkchop, akocha!"
Broken Borders
« on: 12 Jul 2007, 12:51 »

I'm really into my breakbeat and the other day I downloaded an amazing 2 volume album called Broken Borders. Now I know maybe breakbeat isn't a huge thing for people here, and i know that it ain't as big Stateside as here but I really think it's worth getting into if you aren't. It is fantastically easy to dance to, can be technically astounding, and generally has a good crowd following it. Breakbeat nights are really quite happy, ecstatic affairs.

Where I live is often seen as kind of the spiritual home of modern breakbeat as Adam Freeland, Evil Nine and several other artists all reside in Brighton. Still, that is no excuse for the rest of the world not to love it. This album I downloaded is quite simply astounding and runs the gamut from almost-drum'n'bass to chilled out almost poppy stuff. It's got the Plump DJs, Kid Koala and several other not as big but still amazing names. In other words I highly recommend you go out and get this album.

I am dancing to it as we speak, but you could also listen to quite a lot of it whilst lying in bed dozing. Wonderful.
Our lips are sealed
It doesn't matter what they say, no one's listening anyway

fish across face

• The German Chancellory building
  • Fugu, I won't do what you tell me.
Re: Broken Borders
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2007, 17:47 »

Breaks is huge in Australia, would be surprised if at least some of the swarming Aussies on here aren't casually into it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up