THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Apr 2024, 13:50
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ace Ventura 3  (Read 13451 times)

Faker

• Furry furrier
Ace Ventura 3
« on: 17 Jul 2007, 04:52 »

Well if telling ya'll about the Bratz movie wasn't enough to label me as a barer of bad news, this should just about do it....

From empireonline.co.uk

In news to make even the most fervent question their faith in the Almighty, it's been announced that Ace Ventura 3 is going into production on September 17, with a story centred on Jim Carrey's original character's young son, to be played by Josh Flitter

Yes, that's right - we're supposed to believe that someone let Ace Ventura impregnate her. But that obstacle to the willing suspension of disbelief aside, the rest is nothing you haven't heard before - Ace Junior is following in his father's footsteps by becoming a seventh-grade pet detective, when his mother is arrested for the theft of a baby panda. That, naturally, leaves Junior to track down the missing cutie pie, find the real thieves and clear his mother's name.

Josh Flitter, soon to be seen in both Licence To Wed and Nancy Drew, is playing the lead, with David M. Evans (director of The Sandlot and The Radio Flyer) directing. The script's by newcomers Justin and Jason Heimberg and Jeff Sank. No word yet on whether Carrey will cameo as Ace himself, but our advice? Don't hold your breath.

You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.

Inlander

• coprophage
  • Hug your local saintly donkey.
    • Instant Life Substitute
Re: Ace Ventura 3
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2007, 05:08 »

Jeff Sank.

Hehehe. That's a funny name.

Jimmy the Squid

• Vulcan 3-D Chess Master
  • Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2007, 09:45 »

Well, they made a Son of the Mask film which was a rousing failure, so obviously this piece of shit, which to my mind does not even qualify as a sequal, will be a piece of cinematic excrement the likes of which no man will be prepared for.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2007, 12:24 »

Jeff Sank.

Hehehe. That's a funny name.

That made me laugh. Which is probably one more laugh than I would get from this entire movie.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

Johnny C

• Mentat
  • i wanna be yr slide dog
    • I AM A WHORE FOR MY OWN MUSIC
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 2007, 16:07 »

Not as much as he likes irreparably destroying the planet.
[02:12] yuniorpocalypse: let's talk about girls
[02:12] Thug In Kitchen: nooo

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2007, 18:41 »

why are movies disappointing me more then ever now?

xero

• Not quite a lurker
« Reply #6 on: 17 Jul 2007, 19:14 »

Possibly because you're older and you've developed your critical mind a little bit more. How else can we justify some of the crap we used to love way back when we were kids? I went back and watched Thundercats and He-Man, which were my two favorite shows as a very young Xero, and man was I disappointed.

TheBoredOne

• Curry sauce
  • Boop.
    • The Church of Boredom Forums!
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jul 2007, 20:36 »

I got all excited for nothing :(
Boredom Makes You Cool.

WelshPete

• Balloon animal serial killer
« Reply #8 on: 18 Jul 2007, 13:16 »

The movie industry seems to be in the mood of trying to re-create  past successesand failing.....thou in all honesty i wasnt a fan or the originals!

I cant see how they can make an Ace Venturer 3 without having Ace Venturer in it or Jim Carrey for that matter!

wraithzero

• Larger than most fish
« Reply #9 on: 19 Jul 2007, 05:32 »

Well Carey has a history of avoiding sequels (Besides Ventura, has he ever done a sequel to a film?), and of the three I know that went on without him (Son of the Mask, Dumb & Dumberer, & Evan Almighty), he clearly made the right choice not to be associated with them.

The signs for this film do not look good.
Actions speak louder than words, especially if you have a giant moon laser.

Quote from: Tearon
There's something really freakish about you, ya know that? In a good way.

Thy Dungeonman

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #10 on: 19 Jul 2007, 15:04 »

Do these sequels suck because Jim Carrey has nothing to do with them, or does Jim Carrey have nothing to do with the sequels because they suck? It's just like the chicken and the egg.

Anyway, I am not looking forward to this movie SO HARD.
« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2007, 15:16 by Thy Dungeonman »

jimbunny

• I'm Randy! I'm eternal!
  • I'll show you the life of the mind!
« Reply #11 on: 19 Jul 2007, 15:15 »

Shit, if they wanted to make good movies, they'd make good movies.

CAN'T YOU SEE THE CONSPIRACY?

öde

« Reply #12 on: 20 Jul 2007, 07:04 »

Brb murdering hollywood.

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #13 on: 20 Jul 2007, 11:00 »

Do these sequels suck because Jim Carrey has nothing to do with them, or does Jim Carrey have nothing to do with the sequels because they suck? It's just like the chicken and the egg.

It's probably a little of each. Some movies just don't need sequels. The story has been told, the premise has been fully explored. If you thought it was funny, cool, but more of the same will be just that, more of the same. It will almost always be less funny because it's not original anymore. It's just more of the same.

So Jim Carrey decides not to do it. Then the movie, which would not have been great in the first place, is now even less great because Carrey isn't even in it.

Then some genious in a suit decides "Wait... what if it's the son of Jim Carrey's character?" And rather than pelting him with their coffee mugs, the other suits all go "Yeah, that's sounds great! We will makes lots of money!"
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who do not.

Jimmy the Squid

• Feminist Killjoy
« Reply #14 on: 22 Jul 2007, 09:23 »

First of all, the egg came first.

Second of all the conceptualisation of this film is probably a direct result of Groupthink and will go the same way as the Bay of Pigs and the Challenger space shuttle.* You guys mark my words.

*Two of the best examples of just what Groupthink can result in.
Once I got drunk and threw up in the vegetable drawer of an old disused fridge while dressed as a cat

Orbert

• 1-800-SCABIES
« Reply #15 on: 22 Jul 2007, 22:24 »

Ha, you're right! I did totally forget that the first one blew.

I've developed some respect for Jim Carrey as an actor, and the first Ace Ventura at least had an original premise... somehow in my twisted mind, that justified its existance. But now that you mention it, I do remember not laughing at many points when I'm pretty sure you're supposed to laugh.

Faker

• Furry furrier
« Reply #16 on: 23 Jul 2007, 01:09 »

Hmmm, interesting point, don't think I've seen Ace Ventura since it first came out.

Perhaps it did suck massive donkey balls.

You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.

SusurrusIgnoramus

• Furry furrier
  • Up yours, Mr. Bear!
« Reply #17 on: 23 Jul 2007, 11:29 »

besides, even if we did like the first Ace as kids (I was 11), our parents hated it, we're old enough to see that it sucked, and kids now are gonna be like: who the crap is ace ventura?
"Liquor doesn't punch holes in walls, you just hate your dad."

Ishotdanieljohnston

• FIGHT YOU
« Reply #18 on: 24 Jul 2007, 00:17 »

OH MY GOOD LORD THE END IS NIGH

MC

• Furry furrier
« Reply #19 on: 25 Aug 2007, 19:12 »

Well if telling ya'll about the Bratz movie wasn't enough to label me as a barer of bad news, this should just about do it....

From empireonline.co.uk

In news to make even the most fervent question their faith in the Almighty, it's been announced that Ace Ventura 3 is going into production on September 17, with a story centred on Jim Carrey's original character's young son, to be played by Josh Flitter

Yes, that's right - we're supposed to believe that someone let Ace Ventura impregnate her. But that obstacle to the willing suspension of disbelief aside, the rest is nothing you haven't heard before - Ace Junior is following in his father's footsteps by becoming a seventh-grade pet detective, when his mother is arrested for the theft of a baby panda. That, naturally, leaves Junior to track down the missing cutie pie, find the real thieves and clear his mother's name.

Josh Flitter, soon to be seen in both Licence To Wed and Nancy Drew, is playing the lead, with David M. Evans (director of The Sandlot and The Radio Flyer) directing. The script's by newcomers Justin and Jason Heimberg and Jeff Sank. No word yet on whether Carrey will cameo as Ace himself, but our advice? Don't hold your breath.

ok... this is quite possibly the dumbest thing I ever heard. But than again... this is Hollywood we're talking about after all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up