THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 26 Apr 2024, 10:55
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick question - DS Lite AC Adapter w/ GB Micro  (Read 2132 times)

notselfcreated

• Larger than most fish

OK, so for all intents and purposes, the DS Lite AC Adapter looks almost identical to the GB Micro AC adapter that my rats chewed up (except that it's gray, and, it has no teeth marks). But it has this ominous blue label on the front blaring: "Works only with DS Lite." The Nintendo Web site that sells the DS Lite adapter says: "This AC Adapter will only work with the Nintendo DS Lite. It will not  work with the original style Nintendo DS, Game Boy Advance SP or any other Game Boy system."

I only notice that it doesn't mention the GB Micro by name.

And one further piece of evidence that this adapter will in fact work with the GB Micro: Game Asylum actually sells an AC adapter for two machines - the DS Lite and the GB Micro.

So I bought a DS Lite AC Adapter, and I have a GB Micro. Should I open it? Should I?

EDIT: Ah, nevermind. I have found the answer to my own question.

AC Adapter - can I recharge my Nintendo DS Lite with the Nintendo DS or Gameboy Micro AC Adapter?

No. The connector is different and the AC Adapter of the Nintendo DS Lite has 450 mA (compared to the NDS or Micro which have 320 mA).
- Source
« Last Edit: 22 Jul 2007, 16:00 by notselfcreated »

TrekkieTechie

• Balloon animal serial killer
  • Lexiconnisseur
    • deviantArt Profile
Re: Quick question - DS Lite AC Adapter w/ GB Micro
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jul 2007, 16:33 »

So I bought a DS Lite AC Adapter, and I have a GB Micro. Should I open it? Should I?

EDIT: Ah, nevermind. I tried it and my Micro exploded.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Pages: [1]   Go Up