THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 28 Mar 2024, 15:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Manual?  (Read 2119 times)

KibBen

• Emoticontraindication
  • Nyom.
Manual?
« on: 27 Jul 2007, 08:28 »

So, while I was on my epic trip in Winnipeg, my friend there and I found this music store with shit loads of CDs for 99 cents each. So we perused them, and picked up one because we liked the shade of yellow. We bought it, and brought it over to his friend's party for some random music good time happy fun.

It turned out to be some totally awesome glitch/trancey stuff. The album's called Until Tommorow, by Manual. Is anyone really familiar with him? I've never heard of him, and I really love this album. Are the others he's released under this name worth looking into?
Who travels back in time in an Alfa Romeo?

Valdemar

Re: Manual?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jul 2007, 10:38 »

I have heard Ascend, which is the follow-up to the debut UT, and it is very nice. I have often seen him thrown in with that whole new-gaze thing with guys like Ullrich Schnauss.  I do think there are quite a bit of shoegaze and new-age in his music. Jonas Munk, the guy behind Manual, was involved in the post-rock band Limp and currently plays in Causa Sui, a kraut/psych hardrock project with two albums under their belt. Free Ride being the latest. You might also be interested in Rumskib, whose self-titled debut he produced/played on.
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2007, 10:43 by Valdemar »

pat101

• 1-800-SCABIES
    • A Minor Mass
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jul 2007, 12:12 »

hurray winnipeg!

KibBen

• Emoticontraindication
  • Nyom.
« Reply #3 on: 27 Jul 2007, 16:28 »

I agree! Winnipeg was AWESOME. I need to go back, and soon. Within the year. See some more of the night life, and all of that. I loved it there - it's a beautiful city, and has a great feel to it. The water tastes like pool, though.
Who travels back in time in an Alfa Romeo?
Pages: [1]   Go Up