THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 10 May 2024, 19:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tomb Raider Anniversary  (Read 2239 times)

rasufelle

Tomb Raider Anniversary
« on: 02 Jul 2007, 19:57 »

I just bought this game today, and have spent the last like hour and a half playing around in the mansion.  I have to say, besides a few very slight graphical glitches, the game seems much improved over it's inspiration.  I've tried to play Tomb Raider games before, but this is the first one I've ever spent money on for several reasons, not the least of which was that I couldn't stand the blocky isometric controls that made Resident Evil seem high end by comparison.  After hearing they fixed the controls in the last installment though, I gave it a try.

Anybody else played this yet and enjoy it?

SeanTheFilmGuy

Re: Tomb Raider Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jul 2007, 23:30 »

i have yet to try anniversary, but go pick up legend.  it is way too short, but its very enjoyable, decent plot, lara is a badass, etc etc.  same mechanics and developer as anniversary

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jul 2007, 14:04 »

I've heard some really good things about this new package and the screen shots I've seen back up the acclaim as best they can. I might pick it up for nostalgias sake and give it a try. At the very least it looks to be mildly entertaining.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

dennis

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • A sockful of quarters makes the medicine go down.
    • Lies! Truth!
« Reply #3 on: 05 Aug 2007, 23:19 »

I've enjoyed the TR games from the start, and they just got worse after 4--right up until Legend came out. Legend was basically all that I loved about Tomb Raider and none of the bullshit that was in Angel of Darkness.

I'm in the middle of Anniversary, and taking a while to finish it mainly because I just got a spankin' new XBOX and also am playing Beyond Good and Evil (quite fun!).

What platform did you get it for? I got the PC version, and with Legend, converted to using a gamepad after being a KB and mouse purist. The gamepad just works better for games like that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up