THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Apr 2024, 01:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shark Week!  (Read 3887 times)

DavidGrohl

• Pneumatic ratchet pants
Shark Week!
« on: 30 Jul 2007, 14:23 »

Come people! I must not be the only one that watches Shark Week!

*cowers in his nerdy couch watching his nerdy shows*

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
Re: Shark Week!
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2007, 16:36 »

yeah, i watch me some shark week. i don't know how but somehow, many years ago i got the reputation of being a "shark fucker." i don't know why; i've never even seen a shark in person.
Someone even stuck a sticker on my bumper that says "I [heart] my shark" with a picture of me chasing after a shark.

So yeah, shark week is pretty cool i just don't tell anyone i watch it because i'm trying to destroy the misconception that i'm a shark fornicator.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

Baggy

« Reply #2 on: 01 Aug 2007, 09:37 »

I'd be pretty proud of being a shark fucker.  Can you imagine getting close enough to one to do the deed?  That takes some balls.

Shark Week is awesome.  I live for the Discovery Channel. (I was also that weird nature/bug kid in grade school)

MlKE

« Reply #3 on: 01 Aug 2007, 11:11 »

I absolutely love the Discovery Channel, but there's something about Shark Week that just seems to slow the channel down. I find myself watching it less, because Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, Man Vs. Wild, and Really Big Things aren't on.

I've learned a lot from shark documentaries over the last dozen years that I've watched it, but I usually find other things to watch during this week.

Hunter

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #4 on: 01 Aug 2007, 11:12 »

Eh...I like watching sharks kill things but, come on! I don't want to see a small shark! Give me the biggest one you have!
Last night some one woke me up at 3 in the morning wearing a scary clown face and threatening me with a round of naked sit ups.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #5 on: 01 Aug 2007, 11:27 »

i've actually found my self much less interested in shark week after seeing those great whites flying through the air in super slo-mo and high-definition on Planet Earth. that one little scene pretty much made shark week obsolete.
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

MlKE

« Reply #6 on: 01 Aug 2007, 14:04 »

Last night I was watching, and a guy was throwing shit overboard his boat so a tiger shark would eat it. and he threw a liscense plate. but the shark didn't swallow it.

granted, it was on a string, and they said they were going to pull it out, but if that shark did in fact eat that liscense plate, it's just encouraging bad behavior for the amusement of torturing sharks.

i'm not a fan of that.

thepugs

« Reply #7 on: 04 Aug 2007, 19:00 »

i've actually found my self much less interested in shark week after seeing those great whites flying through the air in super slo-mo and high-definition on Planet Earth. that one little scene pretty much made shark week obsolete.
Sounds like somebody wasn't looking at the listings for shark week.

I managed to catch both "Air Sharks" and "Air Sharks II".  They tried getting whites all over the world to try it by simulating the type of prey found in Africa where the sharks jump like that.  It worked.

MlKE

« Reply #8 on: 06 Aug 2007, 15:55 »

I watched one of those, they were in Australia. And it was pretty freaking viking hair.

Ally

« Reply #9 on: 06 Aug 2007, 22:11 »

Oh my god I'm so sad that it is over. I watched this show about how during WWII the USS Indianapolis sunk but there were lots of survivors just floating around in shark-infested waters. 500 of them were eaten! They had a dramatic interpretation and this guy was like "and then I felt a shark bite my hand" and it was gruesome but man I loveeee shark week.

Scarychips

• Scrabble hacker
  • Wwaahhhhhh
« Reply #10 on: 07 Aug 2007, 18:51 »

I'd be pretty proud of being a shark fucker.  Can you imagine getting close enough to one to do the deed?  That takes some balls.

And someone who's despaired enough to try to have sex (or maybe make love?) to a shark

I watch Shark Week when I'm zapping when it's Shark Week, I don't rush to the tv when it's the Shark Week time of the year...
« Last Edit: 07 Aug 2007, 18:53 by Scarychips »
Sometimes I look at Achewood archives while listening to Spoon.

Hunter

• Bizarre cantaloupe phobia
« Reply #11 on: 07 Aug 2007, 20:00 »

I'M A SHARRRRKKK.
Last night some one woke me up at 3 in the morning wearing a scary clown face and threatening me with a round of naked sit ups.

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
« Reply #12 on: 08 Aug 2007, 13:32 »

I'll bet that's exactly what that shark is thinking, too. I like to imagine animals being of aware of their species and nothing else. Like, when my dog is running circles around me trying to get me to feed her or let her outside or something i just imagine her entire thought process as "I'm a dog. I'm a dog. Hey! I'm a dog! Here I am, being a dog."
Try it. It makes boring pets slightly less boring. It helps if you give them a funny voice, too.

MlKE

« Reply #13 on: 09 Aug 2007, 13:47 »

no way man, dogs can talk.

"IT'S BACON!"
"yo quiero taco bell"
"There's no need to fear! Underdog is here!"

and sharks can too. haven't you ever seen Finding Nemo? or Shark Tale?
Pages: [1]   Go Up