THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 31 Aug 2024, 20:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ratatouille  (Read 6445 times)

TheFuriousWombat

• GET ON THE NIGHT TRAIN
    • WXBC Bard College Radio Online
Ratatouille
« on: 07 Jul 2007, 07:57 »

Has anyone seen it yet? I went last night with my girlfriend expecting a typical Disney film. Let me just say that my the film far surpassed my expectations in every respect even down to the final credit sequence. The animation was beautiful, the characters were great (although understandably mostly static), and the acting was really top notch. Peter O'Toole was excellent as the menacing food critic, Disney/Pixar vet Lou Romano was wonderfully conflicted as the human protagonist Linguine, Ian Holm was hilarious and despicably evil (as all Disney villains should be) as the dastardly head chef, and the rat family( the main character and his brother and father), were funny, well developed, and very likable as well. Not only that, the movie was genuinely funny. Laugh-out-loud-on-many-occasions funny. This is Disney Pixar's crowning achievement to date. I loved the whole thing and all you guys, even the skeptics, would be doing yourself a favor if you checked it out.
I punched all the girls in the face on the way to the booth to vote for Hitler.

Hollow Press (my blog)

Cartilage Head

• Only pretending to work
  • Do Me Baby
Re: Ratatouille
« Reply #1 on: 07 Jul 2007, 11:31 »

It sounds like a Disney rep has hacked your account. ARE YOU IN THERE WOMBAT.

The thought of the movie hadn't really even crossed my mind except that the title of the movie is a big French word and will confuse a lot of folks. My grandmother will probably rent it eventually.
Hate, rain on me

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #2 on: 07 Jul 2007, 11:52 »

I thought it was pretty good, especially the voice cast (Peter O'Toole was definitely the standout), but I feel like I'm starting to get too old to enjoy Pixar stuff.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

ALoveSupreme

• Beyoncé
    • http://www.facebook.com/heyheyrabbit
« Reply #3 on: 07 Jul 2007, 12:56 »

I find it hard to believe that it was better than Finding Nemo.  Can you say anything in regards to this disbelief?

ImRonBurgundy?

• Bling blang blong blung
  • "That's all," he added.
« Reply #4 on: 07 Jul 2007, 13:44 »

It's because it was directed by Brad Bird, who is a genius.  Corroborating evidence: The Iron Giant, The Incredibles.
You just came back to shit in my heart, didn't you Ryan?

Lines

• Awakened
« Reply #5 on: 07 Jul 2007, 16:19 »

I'm gonna see it. I am very pleased with where Disney has been going since they teamed up with Pixar. They really really needed it with where they were going pre-pixar.
:grumpypuss: :grumpypuss: :grumpypuss:

Misereatur

• Duck attack survivor
  • Quicksand my butt
« Reply #6 on: 07 Jul 2007, 16:40 »

Yeah, I'm planing on going to see it soon too.

This looks prety cool.

Also,
Quote from: Cartoon Brew
I was talking to my good friend Victor Haboush yesterday and he had an endorsement for Ratatouille that I just had to share. He says, and I quote, “It’s the best animated film since Pinocchio.” That’s a pretty bold statement but Vic is somebody whose taste I trust. And that’s not just because he’s worked on classics like Lady and the Tramp, Sleeping Beauty and 101 Dalmatians. Or because he worked on Brad Bird’s first feature The Iron Giant (and which he doesn’t share the same enthusiasm for as he does Bird’s latest). It’s because Vic knows what he’s talking about and because he’s always frank about what he thinks of things. If Vic says it’s good, then it probably is.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/cgi/ratatouille-is-the-best-animated-film-since

FREE JAZZ ISN'T FREE!

I am a music republican.

Storm Rider

• Older than Moses
  • Twelve stories high, made of radiation
« Reply #7 on: 07 Jul 2007, 17:29 »

I certainly liked it more than Finding Nemo, but I prefered the Incredibles.
[22:06] Shane: We only had sex once
[22:06] Shane: and she was wicked just...lay there

Blue Kitty

• WoW gold miner on break
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: 07 Jul 2007, 20:23 »

I don't know how I feel about this movie.  I did see Meet the Robinsons, by myself actually, but I don't know if I ca get any one of my friends to go and see this movie with me.

Mikagon

• Emoticontraindication
  • Toes!
« Reply #9 on: 08 Jul 2007, 13:49 »

I'd definately say its better then Finding Nemo only for the sole reason that I've seen Finding Nemo too many times and now hate anyone who quotes it.
I'm a girl! I have a vagina for god's sake!

Modern_Ruin

« Reply #10 on: 04 Aug 2007, 11:41 »

It's because it was directed by Brad Bird, who is a genius.  Corroborating evidence: The Iron Giant, The Incredibles.

Aw, drat, you beat me too it. The Iron Giant is one of my all time favorite movies and anytime I hear Brad Bird is doing anything, I'm right there watching it.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #11 on: 10 Aug 2007, 05:57 »

I find it hard to believe that it was better than Finding Nemo.  Can you say anything in regards to this disbelief?

I enjoyed it more.  I found it funnier, more interesting in that it had more to say, even better animated, and just generally more mature.  Plus I'm a foodie, and there's plenty of interest in restaurant references and minutiae in the film (even though Martha Stewart has gone on the record as saying that the kitchen described in the film is 10 years old).  That being said, I really enjoyed both movies and found them to be both really special in their own way.

pen

• Asleep in the boner patch
  • Spaghetti!!!
« Reply #12 on: 10 Aug 2007, 11:30 »

...but I feel like I'm starting to get too old to enjoy Pixar stuff.
IMPOSSIBLE!
Cross-dressing national monuments are always exciting.

Caiphana

• Curry sauce
  • WHOOSH
    • dA
« Reply #13 on: 10 Aug 2007, 14:43 »

For the record, I loved Ratatouille. Loved it. When I first saw the teasers about a year and a half ago, I thought it looked like crap.

But it was amazing. Killer. Beautiful. And, above all, original.

And this is coming from a purist who thinks that the last great Disney animated was hand drawn.
..so long as the word "cookie" is in your country's vocabulary, it's an okay place to be.

Those who forget the past may be doomed to repeat it, but those who refuse to learn from the past and move on are fucking idiots.

pilsner

• Scrabble hacker
« Reply #14 on: 13 Aug 2007, 19:52 »

Caiphana, how did you like Spirited Away?   Because that was the last animated movie I thought was comparable to Ratatouille, and that (unlike some of Miyazaki's movies) was -- as far as I can recall -- not entirely hand-drawn.

Stwonga

« Reply #15 on: 15 Aug 2007, 18:06 »

On Spirited away: I loved his other movies, especially 'My Neighbor Tottoro' fucking genius he is.
Ratatouille really was something else though, three thumbs up for that one. I've never seen a bad pixar film but they really outdid themselves this time.

Caiphana

• Curry sauce
  • WHOOSH
    • dA
« Reply #16 on: 16 Aug 2007, 12:09 »

....I have no idea what Spirited Away is. I'll check it out and get back to you.
..so long as the word "cookie" is in your country's vocabulary, it's an okay place to be.

Those who forget the past may be doomed to repeat it, but those who refuse to learn from the past and move on are fucking idiots.

Stwonga

« Reply #17 on: 16 Aug 2007, 12:17 »

A movie from Hayao Miyazaki, he's a great writer/director/artist.

Caiphana

• Curry sauce
  • WHOOSH
    • dA
« Reply #18 on: 16 Aug 2007, 12:18 »

Well, I like the looks of the art.

Mieville

« Reply #19 on: 20 Aug 2007, 02:00 »

Having lived in Paris for 6 years, I totally liked this film, on many different levels.  I love cooking.  Remy and crue are well animated.  Ratatouille, pun aside, is a great animated movie.  Greatest original story from pixar in my book.
Pages: [1]   Go Up