THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 18 Mar 2024, 22:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: so...Gamefly?  (Read 3510 times)

Scandanavian War Machine

• Older than Moses
  • zzzzzzzz
so...Gamefly?
« on: 14 Jan 2010, 17:07 »

Been putting alot of thought into signing up for Gamefly lately and I was just wondering if any of you guys used it and what your thoughts were on the service.

I did the math and for the price of about three new games per year, I can play unlimited games for as long as I want. Mathmatically speaking, I'd be a moron NOT to sign up for Gamefly, considering how many different games I want to play, but would never be able to justify spending full price on.

Anyway, I just wanted to hear some justifications for something my subconscious has probably already committed to doing, that trecherous bastard.
Quote from: KvP
Also I would like to point out that the combination of Sailor Moon and faux-Kerouac / Sonic Youth spelling is perhaps the purest distillation of what this forum is that we have yet been presented with.

ackblom12

Re: so...Gamefly?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2010, 22:18 »

It's a pretty sweet deal. Never go for the single disc though, always go for the 2+ games deal. The return time isn't bad, but especially if you return one on a weekend, it can be several days before you get a new one. The only real downside I recall to it was that new releases are damn near impossible to get ahold of.

Emaline

• Lovecraftian nightmare
  • Drink, Drank, DRUNK
Re: so...Gamefly?
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jan 2010, 13:01 »

new releases are damn near impossible to get ahold of.

This.

We had is for free for a month, and basically only wanted to it to try a few games we weren't 100% certain we wanted. There was a lot of new releases out that month, and we wanted to try quite a few of them, and could not get one.

Also, they are really hard to deal with if a game they send you has scratches. Basically, you need to send it back the day you get it, otherwise they'll say you caused them.
little bitty bird, with the flaxen hair, can i help you with the weight of the cross you bear?
Pages: [1]   Go Up