THESE FORUMS NOW CLOSED (read only)

• 19 Mar 2024, 03:36
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Software help please & thankyou!  (Read 3841 times)

elizaknowswhatshesfor

• Beyond Thunderdome
Software help please & thankyou!
« on: 19 Jan 2010, 10:15 »

I'm working on a wee project at the moment. I figured it would be super easy to do & would matter if I was using fairly basic programs, so long as the content was good. WRONG!

I have a whole bunch of films stuff, all fairly low quality & not of a massive size, but Windows Movie Maker, will not let me do anything I want, it keeps crashing on me, after 4 days of this I'm giving up & would like a suggestion for some SUPER EASY TO USE (mjainly because I have a lot to do & I'm old & hate learning new things).

I need to be able to put music on things from MP3 & also possibly something that can generate basic titles. Effects are not that important.

Also it has to be free.

The other thing I'd like is something for editing sounds and music. If it could extract sounds from existing video, that would be good. If it can make it's own noises, that would also be good. If it is not reason 4 which is confusing and scary, that would also be good.

Sorry if this is stupid & rambling. I know what I want to achieve but am having a hard time bringing it to fruition, so any help would amazing.
You do. You need pants. Put on some fucking pants. Why aren't you wearing pants?

smack that isaiah

• Beyond Thunderdome
  • Tell me again what a monster is
    • Igor and the Whale
Re: Software help please & thankyou!
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2010, 10:37 »

The other thing I'd like is something for editing sounds and music. If it could extract sounds from existing video, that would be good. If it can make it's own noises, that would also be good. If it is not reason 4 which is confusing and scary, that would also be good.

I don't know about the video editing stuff, but for this one ^, I'd suggest going with Audacity
I've used it to edit sounds and music, one of my roommates regularly uses it to generate tones to help tuning, and my other roommate has used it to rip audio off of dvds.

I don't know how to do the audio ripping myself, but I know it can do it.
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

evilbobthebob

• Cthulhu f'tagn
  • They're talking about me of course
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jan 2010, 10:46 »

Free programs for video editing are quite difficult to find, but they exist. VideoSpin should be able to do what you need. If not, AVIDemux should have the tools you need, although it is more difficult to use.
http://www.last.fm/user/evilbobthebob <- Look I have no taste!

elizaknowswhatshesfor

• Beyond Thunderdome
« Reply #3 on: 19 Jan 2010, 12:26 »

I will try them & report back, but thankyou! <3
You do. You need pants. Put on some fucking pants. Why aren't you wearing pants?
Pages: [1]   Go Up